The Official 2020 - 2021 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

I just read this as well... I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.
I hate offside reviews in general but the amount of times goals were called back because their skate was barely off the ice but obviously not in the zone yet was pretty silly. At least this way it's pretty black and white. Instead of those reviews that take 5 minutes looking for an angle to see if they can guess whether the skate is down or not

Now that's a change I can get behind!

"The often exasperating NHL Rule No. 83 now states that a player will be considered on- or off-side based on the "plane" of the blue line, “which shall extend from the leading edge of the blue line upwards.” This means that a player’s position in space — and no longer simply their point of contact with the ice — will be considered when making calls on the ice and when examining offside reviews"

I like the rule, it'll save time during reviews and will also save a few groin pulls.

I hate offside reviews in general but the amount of times goals were called back because their skate was barely off the ice but obviously not in the zone yet was pretty silly. At least this way it's pretty black and white. Instead of those reviews that take 5 minutes looking for an angle to see if they can guess whether the skate is down or not
And now they've introduced another variable. Where is the camera compared to the skate? Is it directly along the blue line, unobstructed? Is the camera at the same height as the skate?

And now they've introduced another variable. Where is the camera compared to the skate? Is it directly along the blue line, unobstructed? Is the camera at the same height as the skate?
Hmmmm, fair play! Didn't think of that. Hopefully this doesn't make reviews even longer when this is an obvious attempt to speed them up.

Again, another reason why I hate the challenge for offside lol

I am looking forward to the NHL season. My team the Rangers are in the NHL’s version of the group of death. They are a good team And fun to watch. Who will be ordering the NHL package? I’ll be getting the packages

Hmmmm, fair play! Didn't think of that. Hopefully this doesn't make reviews even longer when this is an obvious attempt to speed them up.

Again, another reason why I hate the challenge for offside lol
I don't mind the offside challenge - the penalty for a team who asks for a review and is wrong just needs to be enough of a deterrent.

I am looking forward to the NHL season. My team the Rangers are in the NHL’s version of the group of death. They are a good team And fun to watch. Who will be ordering the NHL package? I’ll be getting the packages
Absolutely ordering the NHL package. I actually just got the confirmation email! Saved $20 with the early bird rate!

We're going to see that parallax angle thing come up again, and I kind of feel like this is similar to the Brett Hull foot in the crease rule.

I mean, I don't hate it - I'm just not completely sold yet.

Good point

Absolutely ordering the NHL package. I actually just got the confirmation email! Saved $20 with the early bird rate!

Jealous

I always want to, but the fact that my Quacks always play so late, is a deal breaker, though we know D would love to have late night convos in here

Jealous

I always want to, but the fact that my Quacks always play so late, is a deal breaker, though we know D would love to have late night convos in here
I don't have other cable TV though. Just streaming services so it's a little easier to stomach the costs.

I don't have other cable TV though. Just streaming services so it's a little easier to stomach the costs.

Same we stripped out cable to it's basic, more to keep the wifi costs low.

Same we stripped out cable to it's basic, more to keep the wifi costs low.
Haha... you haven't seen wifi costs until you've lived up here. It's absurd. I pay almost $200/month for my internet only package. Not even unlimited.

haha, I've done it once, I could do it again.
We cut the cord a long time ago. Thankfully the in-laws still have it so we use their log in for sports channels and they use our Netflix. Win win

We cut the cord a long time ago. Thankfully the in-laws still have it so we use their log in for sports channels and they use our Netflix. Win win
I tried using my Dad's login and it wouldn't let me. Weird. I'll have to circle back on it this year.

Jealous

Glad I only live one timezone away from them! I don't have the NHL package either. Found a good streaming site for all the NHL games so I use that

Hoping to use my Barracuda Networks connection to land a few Sharks game tickets later in the season.... hopefully fans will be able to return at some point!

Hoping to use my Barracuda Networks connection to land a few Sharks game tickets later in the season.... hopefully fans will be able to return at some point!

Yes! Fans add so much to the atmosphere of the game!

Quack Quack

Miller back for another year with the Ducks! Took longer than I thought it would but happy it got done!

IIHF World Juniors time! Canada vs. Germany starts now!

Goallllll!!!!! Canada!!! 🇨🇦

Back