The Official 2020 - 2021 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

Habs looked really bad tonight. Selfishly, I loved it. For the series though, yikes. That was by far their worst performance, and I thought game 1 was rough..

I had to listen to the game on the radio and it sounded like it was a literal tire-fire on the Habs' end. Just horrible stuff.

Only silver lining I see for them is getting a really young player who they have high hopes for (Caufield) some really invaluable Stanley Cup Finals experience. That should do wonders for him into the seasons to follow. America has a bright future with a lot of the young talent we have in the league at this point. If the Olympics ever allowed NHLers back it would make for unparalleled entertainment.

Well, looking grim for Montreal now. Although they’ve been down 3-1 in another series this year… ugh.

Well, looking grim for Montreal now. Although they’ve been down 3-1 in another series this year… ugh.

But that was the Leafs. 😆. And winning 4 straight games against Tampa with Vasilevskiy in net doesn’t look likely. Tampa hasn’t lost consecutive playoff games either last year or this year.

But that was the Leafs. 😆. And winning 4 straight games against Tampa with Vasilevskiy in net doesn’t look likely. Tampa hasn’t lost consecutive playoff games either last year or this year.
Haha! Oh, I know. As a Leafs fan, that’s unfortunately the truth.

Tampa looks very good, and 88 is essentially a brick wall at this point.

Haha! Oh, I know. As a Leafs fan, that’s unfortunately the truth.

Tampa looks very good, and 88 is essentially a brick wall at this point.

I’m a Lightning fan. My daughter lives in Tampa about a five minute walk from the arena. I schedule my visits around Lightning games.

I know we should be celebrating the Stanley Cup right now and a successful end to the season happening as soon as tonight but this is just awful to hear about. As a CBJ fan, this hits even closer. I met him briefly near the arena last season prior to COVID during one of his callups from Cleveland and he was extremely quite and nice. He seemed surprised he got recognized. He may not have been the best goalie in the organization but you couldn't help but root for the guy.

I know we should be celebrating the Stanley Cup right now and a successful end to the season happening as soon as tonight but this is just awful to hear about. As a CBJ fan, this hits even closer. I met him briefly near the arena last season prior to COVID during one of his callups from Cleveland and he was extremely quite and nice. He seemed surprised he got recognized. He may not have been the best goalie in the organization but you couldn't help but root for the guy.

Sad and tragic.

Ning Dynasty about to repeat, I think.

Can't believe that. So freaking horrible how he died and way too young.

Well series not over yet. Caufield and Suzuki is really getting out there a lot. Habs got a bright future

LET'S GO HABS!

That was a good run for Montreal. Tampa is just a great hockey club right now though. Price kept Montreal in it.

Another shutout clinching Cup and series win for Vasilevskiy. He’s 14-0 after a loss in the playoffs over the last two seasons. Shutouts in Cup clincher two years in a row.

McDonagh from my hometown (played for a private HS across town that our HS has always hated - same HS that produced HOFer Paul Molitor and Joe Mauer). Two fat rings on his hand now.

That’ll buff out?

That’ll buff out?

It’s not the first time the Cup has needed repair. It’s so cool that they let the team celebrate with it and then the players get the opportunity to have it and do what they want with it.

It’s not the first time the Cup has needed repair. It’s so cool that they let the team celebrate with it and then the players get the opportunity to have it and do what they want with it.
The things the Cup has seen! It’s an awesome tradition.

The Wild have bought out the remaining 4 years on both Suter and Parise's contracts.

Sens did the entire world a favor by hiring the peanut head haha - I might actually watch nationally televised hockey coverage again.
I believe he was unemployed (thankfully) since it will be a different network next year. Hopefully all coverage improves.

The Wild have bought out the remaining 4 years on both Suter and Parise's contracts.
cap savings of $5m this year and almost $13m next year, for a penalty of $15m dead cap each of the following 2 years (technically it's still saving cap vs playing Suter/Parise but it's negligible)

Leipold railed against these types of contracts, then greenlit 2 of them at the same time

Sens did the entire world a favor by hiring the peanut head haha - I might actually watch nationally televised hockey coverage again.
I never minded him - I almost saw it as comedic relief!

cap savings of $5m this year and almost $13m next year, for a penalty of $15m dead cap each of the following 2 years (technically it's still saving cap vs playing Suter/Parise but it's negligible)

Leipold railed against these types of contracts, then greenlit 2 of them at the same time

I get buying out Parise - I don't get buying out a very competent veteran defenseman like Suter.

Back