The Official 2020 - 2021 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

I cannot wait for wednesday

I haven’t looked forward to a Wednesday for a long time!! Hockey is back!!

Who do you root for? I'm asking because there is no hometown or territory team near you. As for me, I grew up a Bruins fan because of Bobby Orr. My current team though is the Lightning. No I'm not a bandwagon fan. My daughter lives within walking distance of the Arena in Tampa and I've been to a handful of Lightning games over the past three seasons.

As the season goes on, going to be so hard to judge teams going into the playoffs with everyone being so tight to their divisions. Should make it really interesting.

Scary stuff here.

Who do you root for? I'm asking because there is no hometown or territory team near you. As for me, I grew up a Bruins fan because of Bobby Orr. My current team though is the Lightning. No I'm not a bandwagon fan. My daughter lives within walking distance of the Arena in Tampa and I've been to a handful of Lightning games over the past three seasons.
Toronto Maple Leafs for me! Haha and definitely not a bandwagon fan either.
That would be amazing to be so close to an NHL rink and have such ready access to live games!

Toronto Maple Leafs for me! Haha and definitely not a bandwagon fan either.
That would be amazing to be so close to an NHL rink and have such ready access to live games!

When I'm in Tampa, I usually stay at the Marriott which is practically across the street from the Arena. When I'm visiting my daughter, I always check to see when the Lightning are in town.

I just learned this: if Patrick Marleau plays most of this season he will become the all time leader in games played, passing Gordon Howe.

Hockey is back tonight!!! Few great games on the schedule for this evening!!!

I just learned this: if Patrick Marleau plays most of this season he will become the all time leader in games played, passing Gordon Howe.

I know that he has played the most games (regular season and playoffs) without winning a Stanley Cup.

Marleau is at 1,723 while Howe finished with 1,767. Amazing that Joe Thornton isn't far behind at 1,636!

Hockey is back tonight!!! Few great games on the schedule for this evening!!!
Can't wait! Already got the ok to leave work in time to catch puck drop!

Hoping that Vegas does well...again this year. Also hoping that my Red Wings win at least 20 games this year. New captains for both teams, Mark Stone in Vegas, which no one is surprised they made him the first captain in the team's history. Dylan Larkin in Detroit, also pretty well thought of.

Hoping that Vegas does well...again this year. Also hoping that my Red Wings win at least 20 games this year. New captains for both teams, Mark Stone in Vegas, which no one is surprised they made him the first captain in the team's history. Dylan Larkin in Detroit, also pretty well thought of.
Yes on the bolded team above...its been too long! Its almost like we are back in the days before & the first few when Yzerman arrived.

Yes on the bolded team above...its been too long! Its almost like we are back in the days before & the first few when Yzerman arrived.
With Yzerman returning, hopefully history repeats itself and it is a few rough season followed by an extremely dominant team for a few decades.

I keep forgetting you are way on the west coast. LOL.
We're MST at least during the winter so I have a hope of catching the start of games now that we're done with daylight savings time!

With Yzerman returning, hopefully history repeats itself and it is a few rough season followed by an extremely dominant team for a few decades.
He has been there 2 years now? I hope so as he did turn Tampa Bay around to an elite team.

Ugh. Is it baseball season yet?

Bold prediction, LA Kings finish in top 4 in the west division😆
I think they could finish top 4 in that division... Vegas and STL are tops in my opinion.

New year, same Flyers?

HOCKEY IS ON!! Go Leafs Go!!

Back