The Official 2020 - 2021 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

yeah, he's got loads of talent. Showcased that plenty in Columbus. But they need a star player who isn't a ****

So, I'm assuming that means you're not a fan of getting Domi either then haha.

So, I'm assuming that means you're not a fan of getting Domi either then haha.
I can't picture Domi lasting too long there also.
I think Domi is a really nice player and definitely adds a bit of grit. But like @Wrigbay said, I don't see him lasting in CBJ very long. Surprising that he's already on his third team though!

Ducks are finally back on tonight! May be a rough game since we never perform against Vegas but I'm pumped to watch, even if they get a Chicago v Tampa result lol

Rangers home opener tonight. I bleed Ranger Blue!! So excited that we finally have a team of young up and comers, instead of a team of former star has-beens'. We might not make the playoffs this year, BUT we have a promising future. Prediction Lafreniere with a goal and a monster hit on one helpless Isles Dman.

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!

Hoping the Red Wings get off to a good start tonight!

I wanted nothing to do with dumping Andy.

Appears they're trying to get Suzuki from the Habs.

As a Leafs fan, after last night I don't want to see either Suzuki or PLD down the middle for the Habs. Frig.

Three goals in the Ducks game less than five minutes in. Whoo boy!

The Rangers were still in vacation mode last night. Ugggh.

Caps with 6 goals but 0 for Ovechkin. Remains 188 behind Gretzky's 894.

The Rangers were still in vacation mode last night. Ugggh.
Just like the Red Wings...I mean they haven’t played a game in over a year...you would think they would have been energized & ready to play.

Caps with 6 goals but 0 for Ovechkin. Remains 188 behind Gretzky's 894.

There's something terribly immoral and sacrilegious about a Rusky beating a Canadian's goals record. I really hope he doesn't do it. Monumental talent and I certainly like Ovechkin, but I don't ever want to see Gretzky's goal (or points) record ever broken. :mad:

Curious if people here think Jack Hughes will live up to the hype. Will he be America's Connor McDavid, a second version of Patrick Kane, wor will he be more of a bust (by #1 overall standards or otherwise)?

Curious if people here think Jack Hughes will live up to the hype. Will he be America's Connor McDavid, a second version of Patrick Kane, wor will he be more of a bust (by #1 overall standards or otherwise)?
He will be a very good player but not sure he’s on that level.

Leafs hockey again tonight! I am so happy hockey is back!! 1-1 after 1.

Ottawa taking it to the Leafs second half of the second.

Really wonder if it wasn't back to backs if Andersen would be pulled.

Ottawa taking it to the Leafs second half of the second.

Really wonder if it wasn't back to backs if Andersen would be pulled.
Andersen has not looked good in either game.

Yikes. Not a good game for Toronto. Better figure things out for tomorrow.

Only watched bits of the Flyers game, but kept it on while I played my sim round to keep the dogs occupied. 2-0 baby!

Rangers home opener tonight. I bleed Ranger Blue!! So excited that we finally have a team of young up and comers, instead of a team of former star has-beens'. We might not make the playoffs this year, BUT we have a promising future. Prediction Lafreniere with a goal and a monster hit on one helpless Isles Dman.

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!
It was brutal opener. They could only be better. If the Rangers get off to a slow start Quinn could be gone. I am not huge fan of Quinn’s.

The Avalanche Cup Express left the station last night after a small delay. 8-0 smoking of the Blues. Landiskog got his 200th and Rantenan got his 100th.
When they realize that playing defense first is how to win they are awesome to watch. Puck possession with this talent will naturally lead to goals. Doesn't hurt to go 5/7 on the PP.

The Avalanche Cup Express left the station last night after a small delay. 8-0 smoking of the Blues. Landiskog got his 200th and Rantenan got his 100th.
When they realize that playing defense first is how to win they are awesome to watch. Puck possession with this talent will naturally lead to goals. Doesn't hurt to go 5/7 on the PP.
Colorado looked good last night.

Leafs win! 3-2 over Ottawa. First NHL goal for Tim Stützle, and first Leafs for for Joe Thornton!

Penguins win! That's all!

Hi fellas! :)

I don't expect the Wild to be very good this year so a 3-1 start surprised me. Granted they stole those first 2 against LA, I think the team is lacking really two solid centers and another wing to be of any consequence.

Back