The Official 2020 - 2021 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

Vancouver is a disgrace.
Expecting change from the top down soon.
I enjoyed the look that Holtby gave the team after letting Matthews walk in alone. That says it all about their compete level and team synergy.

I enjoyed the look that Holtby gave the team after letting Matthews walk in alone. That says it all about their compete level and team synergy.
After last years playoff run hopes were high for the future.
But managements mismanagement of the cap led to mass exodus in the off season. Current players look like they're trying to force organizational change, or they want out themselves.

After last years playoff run hopes were high for the future.
But managements mismanagement of the cap led to mass exodus in the off season. Current players look like they're trying to force organizational change, or they want out themselves.
I agree. Biggest miss - Tofolli.

I miss Toffoli. I’ll never forget his buzzer beater.

I remember watching that game too. That was an incredible goal! Just everything went right from the moment the ref started moving his hand to drop the puck.

Toronto keeps the foot down! 3-1 and sweeps this series with Vancouver.

Really liking the way the Blackhawks have been playing.
After a shaky start in TB, they really have shown some Grit.
Stan Bowman has done a great job putting this team together.
Love the Finnish goalie Kevin Lankinen - Those Fins know how to train goalies!

I sure hope the west keeps it tight at the top the whole year through!

Penguins have named Ron Hextall as their new GM. Kinda feels like appointing Ray Lewis as Steelers GM.

Flyers are sidelined with Covid 😖

Penguins have named Ron Hextall as their new GM. Kinda feels like appointing Ray Lewis as Steelers GM.
I did not see that one coming! Hopefully he learned something from last time...

Brian Burke also named as President. That's a good move!

I really need the Oilers to stop being so mediocre.

Would love to see what McDavid could do to the history of the game on a competent squad.

I have not seen many NHL gamesl ive, but I did see him play the CBJ in a regular season game. He was indeed impressive.

I really need the Oilers to stop being so mediocre.

Would love to see what McDavid could do to the history of the game on a competent squad.
Can you imagine if they were more than a two-player team?! I mean, I fully acknowledge that there are other good players on the squad right now, but McDavid and Leon are just head and shoulders above the rest...

Can you imagine if they were more than a two-player team?! I mean, I fully acknowledge that there are other good players on the squad right now, but McDavid and Leon are just head and shoulders above the rest...
I find it very aggravating that EDM has been home to so many early picks that never amount to much - You have to wonder how much of an impact they are having on the young talent's development. The list is way too long and I'll be pissed if they burn McDavid as a generational player.

I find it very aggravating that EDM has been home to so many early picks that never amount to much - You have to wonder how much of an impact they are having on the young talent's development. The list is way too long and I'll be pissed if they burn McDavid as a generational player.
I mean, he's already been amazing individually and he's obviously contributed (contributed and benefited) from playing with Draisatl... but it's always awesome to see that calibre of player win championships.

To that end - I'm NOT a Capitals fan, but watching Ovechkin finally get his was fun!

Devils postponed through Feb 15th. Desimated by covid-19.

Devils postponed through Feb 15th. Desimated by covid-19.

NHL is having some difficulty with Covid related issues.

NHL is having some difficulty with Covid related issues.
Unfortunately... Hopefully it's just a couple of guys and they're postponing games out of an abundance of caution.

Just watched the Lightning hand Nashville a 6-1 loss.

They were smoking hot on the power play tonight. Have 3 games coming up against Florida.
They've had such a good PP for years... so many weapons, and great movement.

My Ducks are not that great, but they handed Vegas their second regulation loss last night and really took it to them all night. Their young guys are starting to gain confidence and making strides at the national level. Really hope we get to see Zegras before the year is up, he came out firing in his AHL debut and got player of the week. Kid is going to be good!

Back