The Official 2020 - 2021 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

Ugly loss for the Leafs tonight, blew a 5-1 with a little more than a period to go. Even worst, considering Ottawa is in last place!

Ugly loss for the Leafs tonight, blew a 5-1 with a little more than a period to go. Even worst, considering Ottawa is in last place!
Yep, that one was just bad. I expect big changes as result. That was unacceptable.

Damn, Galch is being tossed around.
Toronto is technically his 7th NHL team, although he didn't report or play any games for Carolina... Surprising considering he was once a 30 goal scorer in Montreal!

How bout them Cats, eh?
8f8222909152f3a1971272396d323156.jpg

And add in the 7 in a row last year before the pause

I still think they can surprise everyone and take the 4th playoff spot this year. The kids are looking more and more comfortable. It’s just a matter of putting it all together for 60 minutes every night, and they’ll be contending regularly again.

Caps vs Sh*tsBurg tonight. Hopefully they find a better way to enter the zone instead of the damn "Slingshot" Seems like every team has picked up on that & are prepared for it. :banghead:

Caps vs Sh*tsBurg tonight. Hopefully they find a better way to enter the zone instead of the damn "Slingshot" Seems like every team has picked up on that & are prepared for it. :banghead:

There is nothing more frustrating than watching a game where your team can’t make zone entries.

There is nothing more frustrating than watching a game where your team can’t make zone entries.
Don't I know it. I swear I yell at the TV every time they do it on the PP. :banghead: Especially against the Penguins since Todd Reirdan is now their PP coach. So he knows every way that the Caps enter the zone & how they set up once they get in the zone. I can't be the only one that sees this .... yet they continue to do the same thing. Played the Pens 4 times already this year .... know what their stats are on the PP?? 2 FOR 15! That's right ladies & gentlemen .... a whopping 2 goals on the PP! You would think there would be an adjustment made somewhere. Beginning of the season they had the best PP unit (only because they played Buffalo like a zillion times already) :LOL: SO what gives?

HesHe's played for quite a few different teams in the last half dozen years. I wonder what his deal is.
Yeah, makes you wonder. I mean, he’s not that far removed from a 30 goal season!

Hawks win! Hawks Win!
Great game to watch with the Jackets last night.
Kevin Lankinen will be the ROY in the NHL - There, I said it.

Yeah, makes you wonder. I mean, he’s not that far removed from a 30 goal season!
I think he could have been a nice compliment to Kaprizov here at this point but that was not meant to be.

Hawks win, Hawks win.
What a season Kanner is having - Really has stepped up in Towes absence.

Rest easy Walter Gretzky. Legend.

I met Walter at dinner in Wayne’s restaurant about 5 years ago on a spring trip to Toronto before a Blue Jackets game in Toronto. He got up and walked around to speak with everyone in the restaurant no matter who they were. He was such a pleasant man to complete strangers. I believe every nice word anyone has and will ever say about him.

Tough loss last night for my Beloved BHawks against the Bolts.
They never looked overmatched in the game, which is great with all of the Rookies they are dressing.
This team is on the rise....

My Dad was a good friend of Walter's. I had the pleasure several time of shuttling Walter around to various functions. The Man was the equivalent of Arnold Palmer - he never hesitated to give anything of himself. I always regretted the day this would happen, I don't think there is a structure in the world that would be able to hold the number of people that wish to pay their respects. Sadly due to the pandemic most of them will never have the opportunity. My heart goes out to Kim, Wayne, Keith and Glenn - I can't imagine what they are going through.

The world lost one of the best - they don't make them like him anymore. Rest in peace Walter, you made the world a better place while you were here. It was my honour to have known you in the small capacity that I did.

My Dad was a good friend of Walter's. I had the pleasure several time of shuttling Walter around to various functions. The Man was the equivalent of Arnold Palmer - he never hesitated to give anything of himself. I always regretted the day this would happen, I don't think there is a structure in the world that would be able to hold the number of people that wish to pay their respects. Sadly due to the pandemic most of them will never have the opportunity. My heart goes out to Kim, Wayne, Keith and Glenn - I can't imagine what they are going through.

The world lost one of the best - they don't make them like him anymore. Rest in peace Walter, you made the world a better place while you were here. It was my honour to have known you in the small capacity that I did.
Thanks for sharing.

I agree - I can’t imagine how many people would want to go pay their respects. A true icon.

Back