The Official 2020 - 2021 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

I'd guess FSN.

I really hope that the deal involves getting rid of blackouts though!!
Not a big fan of FSN. I don't particularly enjoy their very geographical areas and in my case a higher end "sports package" to get their channels.

Not a big fan of FSN. I don't particularly enjoy their very geographical areas and in my case a higher end "sports package" to get their channels.
I so rarely watch anything from a US based broadcaster, so I'm probably not a good person to compare... When I have tuned to a FSN offering though, it felt very different than what I'm used to up in Canada!

Completely agree with you though about geographical areas. Seems absurd now that so much is streamed.

I so rarely watch anything from a US based broadcaster, so I'm probably not a good person to compare... When I have tuned to a FSN offering though, it felt very different than what I'm used to up in Canada!

Completely agree with you though about geographical areas. Seems absurd now that so much is streamed.
I can’t watch Vegas or Colorado because supposedly that is “Utah’s region”. It’s the most frustrating thing. Their games can be on ESPN+ but I can’t watch.

So Laine seems pretty happy in Columbus. His post-game interview was really something else tonight! Clearly Torteronni loves his skills. Brutal.

So Laine seems pretty happy in Columbus. His post-game interview was really something else tonight! Clearly Torteronni loves his skills. Brutal.
I'm a day 1 CBj fan and I tuned this team out a couple of weeks ago and stopped caring. I can't believe Torts is still here and each game gets more and more embarrassing. Up 4-1 and when it gets close you bench your best offensive talent. They looked like a pee wee team in OT. I think they have the worst center depth they've ever had in their existence and they are completely clueless on offense and defense this year. The supposed future stars like Seth Jones and Zach Werenski are major disappointments this year. I'm tired of Jarmo drafting players of a completely different style than Torts coaches and becoming busts. Square pegs and round holes.

I'm a day 1 CBj fan and I tuned this team out a couple of weeks ago and stopped caring. I can't believe Torts is still here and each game gets more and more embarrassing. Up 4-1 and when it gets close you bench your best offensive talent. They looked like a pee wee team in OT. I think they have the worst center depth they've ever had in their existence and they are completely clueless on offense and defense this year. The supposed future stars like Seth Jones and Zach Werenski are major disappointments this year. I'm tired of Jarmo drafting players of a completely different style than Torts coaches and becoming busts. Square pegs and round holes.
I have never been a Tortarolla fan. His coaching style is terrible.

So many great players in Columbus and none of them want to work for that guy... time to make the change that should have happened long time ago.

I have never been a Tortarolla fan. His coaching style is terrible.

So many great players in Columbus and none of them want to work for that guy... time to make the change that should have happened long time ago.
Here's the thing. Lots of former players say they love him. The current players and GM say he's not the problem. I never had a problem with him but I just think it is time to move on because he does wear thin over time.

I think Pierre Lebrun said it best last night.

On the East Coast this week and now I realize your pain in watching western games. 10pm start for Avs in AZ tonight.
Going for 7th straight win and they can close the gap with Vegas heading into their series later this week.
Looks like the playoff teams are finally pulling away from the pretenders.

Any guesses on who the second company is?

I'd guess that NBC still has inside track although FOX could get it or drive the price up.

I think the NHL would like to emulate the NFL where different networks get national rights on different days/times. And now the streaming rights can be sold separately.

Canucks #1

in North American pro sports covid outbreak numbers

Canucks #1

in North American pro sports covid outbreak numbers

I don't see why at this point the League hasn't secured vaccines for all teams. It seems readily available now in my area.

I don't see why at this point the League hasn't secured vaccines for all teams. It seems readily available now in my area.
In Canada, the optics would not look good if the NHL vaccinated the players, when there is not enough vaccines for the general public. The idiot prime minister claims the government secured enough vaccines, so Canada can send millions of doses to third world countries. In reality, there is a shortage and we barely have enough to vaccinate the elderly and first line workers.

Unreal. Has to be up for goal of the year, yeah?
It’s definitely got potential! McDavid goal against the Leafs at the end of January was pretty nice too. And as a Leafs fan, that pains me!

Torts stopped over-coaching them so now they can go out and just play hockey without overthinking everything.

they still suck but they are now playing the faster paced game that I think Jarmo really wants them to be able to play.

It’s definitely got potential! McDavid goal against the Leafs at the end of January was pretty nice too. And as a Leafs fan, that pains me!
You act like I'm not going to ask for a video...

Back