The Official 2020 - 2021 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

Torts stopped over-coaching them so now they can go out and just play hockey without overthinking everything.

they still suck but they are now playing the faster paced game that I think Jarmo really wants them to be able to play.
It's time for the Torts era to end. Not like it's generated much.

It's time for the Torts era to end. Not like it's generated much.
Yes and he admitted today that Jarmo is going to be giving a lot of input on who plays from here on out. They need to play a faster skill game. Hopefully they can acquire the right players that can keep up.

In Canada, the optics would not look good if the NHL vaccinated the players, when there is not enough vaccines for the general public. The idiot prime minister claims the government secured enough vaccines, so Canada can send millions of doses to third world countries. In reality, there is a shortage and we barely have enough to vaccinate the elderly and first line workers.
Your talking less than 1000 doses for the teams in Canada. They could get them from the doses for the American teams. I bet most Canadains wouldn't mind their hockey teams being able to play.

Last edited:
The Flyers are still dead to me, but this is pretty wild.

That $5k fine was a joke. I just saw where Amir Garrett for the Cincinnati Reds just got a 7 game suspension for puffing his chest at the Cubs after a strikeout and they got offended. Meanwhile in the NHL, Tom Wilson flat out ragdolls one of the league's star players after a punch to the back of the head of a defenseless player and he only got 5K with his history of dirty play.

That $5k fine was a joke. I just saw where Amir Garrett for the Cincinnati Reds just got a 7 game suspension for puffing his chest at the Cubs after a strikeout and they got offended. Meanwhile in the NHL, Tom Wilson flat out ragdolls one of the league's star players after a punch to the back of the head of a defenseless player and he only got 5K with his history of dirty play.

Thought he would have got more punishment for the punch to the back of the head given his history.

Shots fired. And rightfully so.

What Wilson did has zero place in hockey. Good on NYR brass for publicly calling on the NHL to do better.

There are two solutions here. Either the NHL manages the league and play, or the players will do it themselves. And as much “fun” as the Broad Street Bullies were, I don’t want to see the game go back to that style of “play”.

I’m not a hockey fan, cool to go to but don’t really follow.

Just kind of wondering since he’s the OP, has anyone seen @OITW ?

Shots fired. And rightfully so.

What Wilson did has zero place in hockey. Good on NYR brass for publicly calling on the NHL to do better.

There are two solutions here. Either the NHL manages the league and play, or the players will do it themselves. And as much “fun” as the Broad Street Bullies were, I don’t want to see the game go back to that style of “play”.

Obviously, the solution is the league needs to address this type of behavior especially from guys with lengthy rap sheets.

Can’t let the players take care of it and besides the Rangers showed no interest in doing anything about it in the 3rd period. And too top it off Wilson scores an empty net goal.

Obviously, the solution is the league needs to address this type of behavior especially from guys with lengthy rap sheets.

Can’t let the players take care of it and besides the Rangers showed no interest in doing anything about it in the 3rd period. And too top it off Wilson scores an empty net goal.
Completely agree. And now I'm seeing that there have been more calls for Pharos to resign - or the NHL to replace him.

And now I'm seeing that there have been more calls for Parros to resign
That's nothing new. He's been a joke in that role for quite some time. But yeah, the Wilson thing is getting even more out of hand

That's nothing new. He's been a joke in that role for quite some time. But yeah, the Wilson thing is getting even more out of hand
Unfortunately it has been a joke. Regular occurrence to see a “spin the wheel” type response to his discipline.

This is just the first time I’ve seen a team publicly call it out.

Unfortunately it has been a joke. Regular occurrence to see a “spin the wheel” type response to his discipline.

This is just the first time I’ve seen a team publicly call it out.
Yeah I have to admit that did catch me by surprise. But it’s warranted at this point and I was happy to see it

Rangers - Caps play tonight.

Rangers - Caps play tonight.

6 fights in the first five minutes including 3 on opening faceoff. Wilson got into a brawl seconds into his first shift.

6 fights in the first five minutes including 3 on opening faceoff. Wilson got into a brawl seconds into his first shift.
That first five minutes was a circus

The Rags got blasted with a 250k fine for calling out the ineffectiveness of the league's disciplinary crew, and it's kind of hilarious.

Wilson takes a guy down face first in front of the net, then sucker punches him in the back of the head, and doesn't even get disciplined for it? A guy with a laundry list of questionable and downright dangerous decisions during his career?

The league needs to grow a pair and accept some criticism. Rangers (who are hardly one of my preferred teams) are absolutely right.

The Rags got blasted with a 250k fine for calling out the ineffectiveness of the league's disciplinary crew, and it's kind of hilarious.

Wilson takes a guy down face first in front of the net, then sucker punches him in the back of the head, and doesn't even get disciplined for it? A guy with a laundry list of questionable and downright dangerous decisions during his career?

The league needs to grow a pair and accept some criticism. Rangers (who are hardly one of my preferred teams) are absolutely right.
It’s a win/win. League put on blast and the Rangers get fined. The only positive late-season takeaway for a Flyers fan :cautious:

It’s a win/win. League put on blast and the Rangers get fined. The only positive late-season takeaway for a Flyers fan :cautious:
hahahaha, love it.

Still insane to not fine a guy at all for a very dangerous play, and then fine a team criticizing the decision 250k. It makes them look pathetic.

Blues could have effected who they face in the playoffs but instead pretty much insured it will be Vegas. Avs and Wild racing down to the end to see who has home ice in their matchup. Playoffs are shaping up to be exciting with several surprises winning their divisions.

Back