The Official 2020 - 2021 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

How good does Colorado look? Wow... The absolutely dominated Vegas tonight.

On the other hand - Reaves. I like him as a player and understand what he brings, but he crossed a line tonight. Crosscheck the back of Grubauer's head, then take down Graves with a chokehold and kneel on his face twice? Not cool. I appreciate that he got the attempt to injure penalty at least. NHL needs to impose a suspension as well though IMO.

How good does Colorado look? Wow... The absolutely dominated Vegas tonight.

On the other hand - Reaves. I like him as a player and understand what he brings, but he crossed a line tonight. Crosscheck the back of Grubauer's head, then take down Graves with a chokehold and kneel on his face twice? Not cool. I appreciate that he got the attempt to injure penalty at least. NHL needs to impose a suspension as well though IMO.

If Kadri got 8 games for a hit during live action this tool needs to be done for the year. But that might be only 3 more games.

How about them Leafs?

Another disappointment for Toronto.

I really thought Toronto had a shot this year. I sort of feel bad but this give Columbus a higher 1st round draft pick this year and now that it seems we need to go full rebuild mode maybe it will be helpful as long Columbus doesn't draft some Siberian roller hockey player that nobody has ever heard of with it.

haha imagine an NHL team blocking another NHL team on social media haahahahahha

that's amazing.
Unlike Toronto.

The Leafs. The “curse” continues. 1967. Not only losing a 3-1 series lead but to that team.

I've been subjected to a handful of "diehard" Leafs fans at work tell me how this team is the "Team of Destiny" and "Canada's Team" every day since last summer.

Tomorrow shall be a glorious day as I collect all the money they now owe me, at some of the crazy odds they agreed to. Cha-ching!

I feel for you, brosky.
Thanks - there are literally zero safe garbage cans around me right now.

Oh well. Guess I suddenly got more time for golf!

@YukonLiving I feel for you this morning, I really do. But I also can't resist posting this Ontario appropriate meme:
E2wzH6hVgAAou4A.jpg
Let's face the facts - neither TOR nor MTL is going to get past the next round, but I know a LOT of people who would rather the Leafs be in that position.....

@YukonLiving I feel for you this morning, I really do. But I also can't resist posting this Ontario appropriate meme:
View attachment 9010640
Let's face the facts - neither TOR nor MTL is going to get past the next round, but I know a LOT of people who would rather the Leafs be in that position.....
Haha - I saw that one yesterday too. It’s one of the better memes for sure!

I’m right in there. I wish they were playing too.

It’s well known at work that in a diehard Leafs fan (framed memorabilia on the walls etc) and I arrived at work this morning and someone had vandalized my office. Habs stuff everywhere. Habs hats, Habs mittens… ugh. Going to be a long summer.

Vegas gives the Avs their best shot and go home with the loss. It will be interesting if they can do any better in game 3. (I’m doubting that)
Grub showed tonight why he should win the Vinzina.

Hell yeah Canes!! It’s a series now!

This one seems like it’s anyone’s series to win… back and forth action.
Canes are my team in the east (yes that's allowed when I don't have a true hometown team :LOL:) and I hated the way they lost game one. Really pulling for them this year!

Canes are my team in the east (yes that's allowed when I don't have a true hometown team :LOL:) and I hated the way they lost game one. Really pulling for them this year!
Loved seeing Staal net the winner tonight too.

Canadians go up 2-0. Vegas is outplaying Colorado and just scored to go up 1-0.

Call me an avalanche fan for the rest of the playoffs. I can’t stand Vegas almost as much as I despise Pittsburgh.

Back