The Official 2021 - 2022 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

Hat Trick for Terry!! First career!

Ducks get their first win of the new year 4-1 over the Flyers!

Solid 3 game winning streak for the Bruins on the strength of secondary scoring, something that's been sorely lacking. Word on the street has Rask signing a 1 year deal for the remainder of the season, getting a tuneup in the AHL for a week, then joining the roster. Solidify the net since Ullmark hasn't been all that great since coming over from Buffalo, trade DeBrusk and another player or two for a solid 2C, and they could be in business.

first time visiting. this made me chuckle though. probably already posted, but I'm not going to check. (y)

first time visiting. this made me chuckle though. probably already posted, but I'm not going to check. (y)

Hockey players are a different breed :D.

Makar is the best player on this team. Hand him the Norris right now and consider him for the Hart.

Solid 3 game winning streak for the Bruins on the strength of secondary scoring, something that's been sorely lacking. Word on the street has Rask signing a 1 year deal for the remainder of the season, getting a tuneup in the AHL for a week, then joining the roster. Solidify the net since Ullmark hasn't been all that great since coming over from Buffalo, trade DeBrusk and another player or two for a solid 2C, and they could be in business.
I liked Ullmark when he was in Buffalo and assumed when he went to Boston he would be much better because he had little to no help here. Im guessing that is what the Bruins assumed as well.

I liked Ullmark when he was in Buffalo and assumed when he went to Boston he would be much better because he had little to no help here. Im guessing that is what the Bruins assumed as well.

Pretty much, yeah. They anticipated a transition period but that he'd be even better with an actual defense in front of him. He's gotten better as the season has progressed but not to the point where you'd think he'd be a definite #1 goalie headed into the playoffs. He gave up two breakaway goals last night that were just...not good.

Makar is the best player on this team. Hand him the Norris right now and consider him for the Hart.

It may depend on how the teams ultimately finish but you currently have three former winners (three of the last 4 winners) of the Norris Trophy who have more points this season (not goals) than Makar. John Carlson also has more points and the Caps are having a good year.

And here I figured tonight's game would be an easy two points for the Oil (no offence @YukonLiving) but with just over a minute left it's not looking so good.

And the NHL is cancelling a bunch of Canadian games due to the "attendance restrictions". Translation: "we don't want to have to refund the tickets AND still have to pay the player's salaries"

Do I even want to watch the Pens @ Flyers tomorrow? 😓

It may depend on how the teams ultimately finish but you currently have three former winners (three of the last 4 winners) of the Norris Trophy who have more points this season (not goals) than Makar. John Carlson also has more points and the Caps are having a good year.
He'll get 30 goals easy which has only happened once this century. And will put a scare in 40. I think that will do the trick.

Sounds dangerous. I have to go into the office on Friday morning! :LOL:
As a friend of mine always said, you are your own liquor control board. It might be worth the risk :cool:

Gibson now out with a positive test and Zegras is being scratched after clearing protocols even though he never had symptoms. UGHHHHHHH

And nowwwww the Ducks v Wings has been postponed. I was really looking forward to that game but we now have seven players in protocol

And nowwwww the Ducks v Wings has been postponed. I was really looking forward to that game but we now have seven players in protocol
Flyers Pens 5 Mountain Time ESPN+

Wow, no love lost between BOS MIN. Boston has had double occupancy in the penalty box multiple times and they've just started the 3rd period.

And as I type this a second Wild player goes to the box. I wonder what they talk about while they're in there together:p

Oh, and my Bruins have been behind for all but about 8 minutes in the first period

They just posted the PIM thus far: 28:00 for BOS and 22:00 for MIN

Oh god I worked late, drove home through the snow, had a zoom meeting and THE FLYERS SUCK!!!

Oh god I worked late, drove home through the snow, had a zoom meeting and THE FLYERS SUCK!!!
They keep showing live look-ins during the BOS game, it's not pretty.

Back