The Official 2021 - 2022 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

This year is a black hole of disappointment.

And Tage Thompson scores on the power play after the unsucessful Flyers offside challenge on his goal. The Ryan O’Reilly trade is looking better than it did at the time Tage Thompson is pretty good.

And Peyton Krebs has two goals and Alex Tuch has two assists both from the Jack Eichel trade. Hated to see Eichel go and i suspect he will be great in Vegas but at least the Sabres got some quality players in return with draft choices to follow.

The Ducks have been playing awful while trying to field a Covid free team. At this stage they can’t have many players who haven’t been through the protocol.

Despite that, they sure played a good game against the Lightning last night. Gibby straight robbed Stamkos multiple times from point blank. Hope it gets the Ducks rolling again.

Avs get their 15th straight home win and keep the point streak going. Habs played tough and their young goalie about stole one with 43 saves.

Seeing the Habs record of 0-6 in overtime is just depressing!

The Wild now have 13 6-on-5 (goalie pulled) goals this year after last night. Lightning have 9 and then it falls off from there. That is A LOT of 6-on-5 goals. :oops:

Canucks have all 4 NHL/AHL starters/backups out with Covid

22 year old taxi squad DiPietro starts, local university emergency goalie will be backup

Canucks have all 4 NHL/AHL starters/backups out with Covid

22 year old taxi squad DiPietro starts, local university emergency goalie will be backup

Saw that earlier on Twitter. Just insane.

Keith Yandle is going to break the consecutive games record held by Doug Jarvis tomorrow. That’s pretty impressive. Hockey players are a different breed.

Two goal night so far for Getz! Ducks looking great so far against the Bruins! 3-1!

I love John Gibson

Two goal night so far for Getz! Ducks looking great so far against the Bruins! 3-1!

I don't think it’s so much them looking great as it’s the B’s looking sluggish and slow yet again.

I don't think it’s so much them looking great as it’s the B’s looking sluggish and slow yet again.
Give me this :LOL: also they are looking less good now lol

3-2 at the end of the second. Terry missed a close one and had all the room just hit the post. And Z missed one earlier in the period that went off his skate with a wide open net. May not always be pretty but I'll take it right now. Hope they don't turtle in the third like they have been known to do with a lead.

That was a beautiful tip from Hallsy! 3-2 Quacks now

That was a beautiful tip from Hallsy! 3-2 Quacks now

I’ve only been half paying attention, was in a Zoom meeting working on getting our scholarship scramble for this spring set up. Hopefully the B’s have a strong third.

Terry with a big one! 4-2 Ducks! Before that, Ducks were on their heels

Mahura works hard to avoid Rask and crashes in to the goal and is down on the ice :(

Carter Hart made a nice save, which is something I haven’t gotten to say enough of the last couple years.

Zegras with another 2 on 1 end up in his feet but they keep possession and score again! 5-2

What a shift from the Bruins. 5-3

Ducks take the win 5-3! Two games in a row with 5 goals. Tough one with Toronto on Wednesday!

Bruins cannot afford yet another slow sloppy first on Wednesday against the Avs. Ain’t gonna cut it.

And BOOM, Avs in first place in the league with games yet in hand. Continuing their home winning streak to 16 games and points in all games since the covidy/xmas break.

Back