The Official 2021 - 2022 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

It's interesting that the Islanders, who are considered Cup contenders, open up with 13 consecutive road games. Trying to open a new arena will do that.
I wonder if there was a concern that UBS Arena wouldn't be finished in time to start the season? Only reason I could think of! That is strange, but at least it's better than the old barn. No more games at Barclay Center, correct?

I wonder if there was a concern that UBS Arena wouldn't be finished in time to start the season? Only reason I could think of! That is strange, but at least it's better than the old barn. No more games at Barclay Center, correct?

Yes, first home game for season is scheduled for November 20th at the new UBS Arena

Haha I don't think the Kraken have a ton of fire power, but I feel like I thought that about the Golden Knights their first year too! So many teams that could do damage this year is going to make for a great season!
Yeah, that's true - There weren't huge expectations on Vegas...

Guess we'll find out soon what Seattle looks like!

It's interesting that the Islanders, who are considered Cup contenders, open up with 13 consecutive road games. Trying to open a new arena will do that.
Wow, that's a tough way to open a season. It could however, be good for group camaraderie though depending on what the rules are about hanging out as a team.

Yeah, that's true - There weren't huge expectations on Vegas...

Guess we'll find out soon what Seattle looks like!

The Kraken probably won’t be the worst team in the league. The Expansion Fee is a lot of money. Can’t have someone who forks over a half billion dollars or whatever the fee was to have a team that was as bad as prior teams other than Vegas.

The Kraken probably won’t be the worst team in the league. The Expansion Fee is a lot of money. Can’t have someone who forks over a half billion dollars or whatever the fee was to have a team that was as bad as prior teams other than Vegas.
No, they don't be. They have a lot of players with something to prove - similar to Vegas in their first year.

I don’t get regular season hockey until Friday. 😒 Feeling much better about the Flyers this year mostly because I have no expectations. Woohoooo!
I have no expectations and I know Bob Murray is going to find a way to make the Ducks' season a nightmare

Not a chance they're the worst with the Coyotes and Sabres still around.

Not a chance they're the worst with the Coyotes and Sabres still around.

Yep. I don't know which team is going to tank worse. I'm going to guess AZ right now after Armstrong loaded up on picks for the 2022 draft.

Interesting tidbit - I loved Armstrong when he was with the Bruins organization, watched him play a lot in Providence. Big, slow, mean stay at home defenseman. I wore 29 in roller hockey in his honor, as I had a few of those qualities myself :ROFLMAO:

I have no expectations and I know Bob Murray is going to find a way to make the Ducks' season a nightmare
Gibson still knows how to steal games. Trade him and the season will be scary…

Gibson still knows how to steal games. Trade him and the season will be scary…
I effing love Gibson. I was one that thought keeping him and trading Freddie was the right decision though lots of “fans” disagreed.

But at this point I want to trade him so he can go play meaningful hockey. With BMGM at the helm, who only two weeks ago called this a rebuild even though it’s been evident for at least three years now, I don’t think we will ever get out of it no matter how many high first round picks we get. He needs to go. And if he doesn’t, I’m all for trading Gibson as much as it would hurt to see

Sitting here watching the Kraken play their first game and wish Buccigross was not on the call. He drives me bananas

This is the year I get back into hockey.
I haven't been able to watch the stars since I moved to SC.

Turns out there is a lot of NHL on ESPN+

Who knew...

If they get a couple players on his line, Kaprizov is gonna have a BIG season, I reckon.

2 GA on three shots. Great start Seattle…

I don't understand how that's even possible to read this. I could have sworn not two years ago they were on the rise.
They were! Just not a good mix of guys and coaching style…

Sitting here watching the Kraken play their first game and wish Buccigross was not on the call. He drives me bananas
I’m watching as well - it’s been alright. I much prefer the Canadian broadcasts though.

Watching hockey in Vegas is a lot of fun though!

2 GA on three shots. Great start Seattle…
Not ideal. But they were 2” away from scoring on their first shift! Beetle hit the crossbar!

Not ideal. But they were 2” away from scoring on their first shift! Beetle hit the crossbar!
to be fair, I missed almost the entire first period, just saw the box score. Hoping they can turn it around and start off their season on a good note even if they are in the Ducks division

to be fair, I missed almost the entire first period, just saw the box score. Hoping they can turn it around and start off their season on a good note even if they are in the Ducks division
I’m watching on delay - I’ll have to step away in a few anyway so figured it wouldn’t make much difference.

That’s going to be an interesting division.

I’m watching as well - it’s been alright. I much prefer the Canadian broadcasts though.

Watching hockey in Vegas is a lot of fun though!
Yes it is! Took my dad to a game 2 years ago. Awesome time!

I’m watching on delay - I’ll have to step away in a few anyway so figured it wouldn’t make much difference.

That’s going to be an interesting division.
interesting is a good word choice lol

With about seven minutes left and the Lighting trailing the Penguins, 3-1, John Cooper pulls his goalie four separate times. Final score: Pens 6, Lightning 2.

Back