The Official 2021 - 2022 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

8-2 Columbus to start off the year.

Normally it takes them at least a month to have their first offensive burst of the season haha
That’s a serious offensive showing!

I’ll watch the highlights when they’re available on the NHL app later tonight.

Now that the NHL season has been in action for two days, I am beyond convinced - Hockey is SO much better with fans in the building!

Now that the NHL season has been in action for two days, I am beyond convinced - Hockey is SO much better with fans in the building!
Oh absolutely it is! Nothing like the roar of a crowd after a goal!

Oh absolutely it is! Nothing like the roar of a crowd after a goal!
Heck, I was excited to hear the crowd cheer after a penalty kill!

But also fun was hearing the fans voice their displeasure over some of the calls or non-calls!

Sounds like some stellar defence was played!

What’s going on with both teams?! That’s essentially two duds from Tampa.

Lightning were very lucky that Detroit blew several 3 goal leads in the game. Vasilevskiy gave up six goals. Lightning scored 3 goals in a four minute stretch in 3rd period to erase a 6-3 deficit.

Lightning were very lucky that Detroit blew several 3 goal leads in the game. Vasilevskiy gave up six goals. Lightning scored 3 goals in a four minute stretch in 3rd period to erase a 6-3 deficit.
Wow, that’s not the usual Vasilevskiy we know.

Wow, that’s not the usual Vasilevskiy we know.

No, these two games he hasn’t looked close to anything like the goalie he was in the playoffs.

Jackets up 2-0 at the first break.

Not a bad start to the season, although I don't know how highly anyone is thinking about AZ right now.
Just tuned into the highlights, and although I don’t have high hopes for the Coyotes this year, one thing they do have on point are those jerseys!

Domi passed the eye test today! What a game!

Just tuned into the highlights, and although I don’t have high hopes for the Coyotes this year, one thing they do have on point are those jerseys!

Domi passed the eye test today! What a game!
One of the best jerseys of all time! So sick that they went to those full time

McAvoy gettin' PAID by the Bruins. And deservedly so. Kid is a stud.

One of the best jerseys of all time! So sick that they went to those full time
Silly that they went away from them, and not what I would have done... but I don't run the team.

Silly that they went away from them, and not what I would have done... but I don't run the team.
Same with the Ducks refusing to use the original logo as their main. Fans have been clamoring for that for years. The Special jerseys we used during the 25 year anniversary were the greatest things I've ever seen.
1634322389582.png

Having a White away version of that as well??? My god

Some of my friends and guys I golf with are hockey guys, couple former D1 College and Junior players, a former Junior coach and this is exactly what they say about the Sabres.
Seems to be the common thought with that team. And unfortunately, I've been on hockey clubs where there were clear divisions within the room and that usually means the results aren't there on the ice.

It'll be interesting to see where they go from here though! Some promising young players and prospects in the Sabres ranks!

Same with the Ducks refusing to use the original logo as their main. Fans have been clamoring for that for years. The Special jerseys we used during the 25 year anniversary were the greatest things I've ever seen.
View attachment 9035285

I wonder if it's because they're still trying to distance themselves from Disney...

But yes, those were also good uniforms!

I wonder if it's because they're still trying to distance themselves from Disney...

But yes, those were also good uniforms!
It's been 16 years since Disney sold them but they still do parades with the team at Disneyland and California Adventure every year. They need to embrace that logo. At least in my opinion

View attachment 9035285

That is a beautiful jersey 😍😍

THE FLYERS ARE SO GOOD AT SHOOTOUTS. But we did steal a point tonight at least.

THE FLYERS ARE SO GOOD AT SHOOTOUTS. But we did steal a point tonight at least.
But after going 0-2 in the shootout, Philadelphia lost to the Canucks, who scored twice on two attempts.

Back