The Official 2021 NFL Thread

He had probably the third best pro day (for QBs) so far, but really right behind BYU QB (and I am only speaking of throws). They were close. He showed some really good pop on his throws and had some nice touch. Underthrew a number of deep balls, which to me is why he got some bonus time, but he is an impressive athlete for sure. Also a competitor, so you dont have to worry about him not wanting to work, regardless of the dollars, so there is that.

The only weakness was the seam route seemed to cause him some issues, which is why I think they had him throw it about 5 times. He lost it out to the right each time like a small fade, but its nothing that will hold him back and can't be fixed.

I read an article many years ago where an NFL QB, I forget who, talked about the spin you put on a football. For a right handed QB, that spin is much like the fade spin for a right handed golfer, and the QB has to account for that. Maybe Fields hasn't learned that yet. If he decides to attend Jordan Palmer's QB school, I'm sure he will.

I think all these scouts have to do is look at the game film against Clemson to know everything you need to know about Justin Fields!

IMG_20210401_092949.jpg

Sam Darnold off to Carolina for 2021 6th & 2022 2nd, 4th round picks per Schefter.

Last edited:
I'm assuming he's not talking about "geek". ;)

And honestly how could anybody not think that was bad in the current climate? My goodness.

And honestly how could anybody not think that was bad in the current climate? My goodness.
I'm not from Florida so I'm not familiar with their local slang/lingo, but where I'm from that word (the one I'm assuming he used) has always only had one meaning.

Reactions: JB
So much for the Beidgewater experiment in Carolina.

So much for the Beidgewater experiment in Carolina.
Gave up very little for Darnold in my opinion and boy do the Jets have draft picks for the next two years now.

Gave up very little for Darnold in my opinion and boy do the Jets have draft picks for the next two years now.
If they aren’t good something is wrong

Well he's got 2 years to show something...lets see how he handles it. I see a ton of dump offs to mccaffrey

🤷‍♂️

I think this is a great move for Carolina. They weren't guaranteed to get anything better than their 4th QB rookie ranking and that is if Atlanta was willing to move back. Darnold with Gase and the Tanehill success without him has been something. Feels like a great no risk flyer. Had the Niners done this instead of moving to 3 I would have been fine with it.

Interesting conversation today on NFL Network about the Packers and Rodgers. Asking why he hasn’t come forward to redo his deal to clear up cap space to bring in more talent.

I believe this is his final year.

Interesting conversation today on NFL Network about the Packers and Rodgers. Asking why he hasn’t come forward to redo his deal to clear up cap space to bring in more talent.

That's a crazy thought that GB could move on from rodgers. Love better look like the 2nd coming this fall.

Let's face facts. Gase was an absolute disaster! Huge mistake by the Jets! Much like the mistake the Browns made with Freddie Kitchens!

Uh, don't know if you heard, but the Packers extended Rodger's contract through a roster bonus, which counts against the cap, versus a signing bonus, which does not. Yes, they are looking to move off of him. Makes me wonder if he'll play with them the way Favre did!

Let's face facts. Gase was an absolute disaster! Huge mistake by the Jets! Much like the mistake the Browns made with Freddie Kitchens!

Uh, don't know if you heard, but the Packers extended Rodger's contract through a roster bonus, which counts against the cap, versus a signing bonus, which does not. Yes, they are looking to move off of him. Makes me wonder if he'll play with them the way Favre did!

FWIW both bonuses count against the cap, just calculated differently.

He's not going to hang on like TB because there is only one Tom Brady. But I feel like Rodgers still has a good 4-5 years and will play into his 40s. He'll have a chance to get that second ring somewhere else if he doesn't with GB.

I don’t really see the likeness.

Back