The Official 2021 NFL Thread

Not that I disagree with the Kareen Hunt part of it because I don't want anything to do with players like that. I wouldn't want players like him or Hill on my team even if it made the Niners better.

But isn't Tebow a bad signing because he is on the wrong side of 30 and has never played the position?

Edit: Totally missed the Ryan Clark part. Silly response.
He hasn't made any roster yet...they are just giving him a tryout. He makes the team cool...if he doesn't cool. I'm fine either way but to say, sorry imply, that even bringing Tebow in is the R word is ludicrous.

Not that I disagree with the Kareen Hunt part of it because I don't want anything to do with players like that. I wouldn't want players like him or Hill on my team even if it made the Niners better.

But isn't Tebow a bad signing because he is on the wrong side of 30 and has never played the position?

Edit: Totally missed the Ryan Clark part. Silly response.

What happened to signing character guys that are locker room leaders and work hard?

What happened to signing character guys that are locker room leaders and work hard?
That's great. Love signing those guys if they make your team better. There are tons of those guys that aren't learning a new position after 30. This is a fine signing as long as no one expects anything. Tebow might have been good in this role if he had tried it at 25 after QB didn't work.

I just wouldn't expect much from a 33 year old that just spend 5 years in minor league baseball and hasn't played football since 2012.

That's great. Love signing those guys if they make your team better. There are tons of those guys that aren't learning a new position after 30. This is a fine signing as long as no one expects anything. Tebow might have been good in this role if he had tried it at 25 after QB didn't work.

I just wouldn't expect much from a 33 year old that just spend 5 years in minor league baseball and hasn't played football since 2012.
Nobody signed him.
But I’ll take a Tebow as roster spot 50 over a criminal any day of the week.

Pumped to have renewed my Buccs tickets this year. Go Buccs baby!

Hilarious watching Stephen a and Ryan Clark trashing the jags for giving Tebow a chance....they are calling it racist without saying the word. SMH
:confused2::confused2::confused2:

I didn't hear what Ryan Clark said, but I usually have a fair amount of respect for his opinions. Guess I can't agree with everybody all the time.

As far as Tebow, if Meyer thinks a 30+ Tebow has enough innate athleticism left to sign him to the 90-man roster for the veteran minimum, I say go for it.

Hilarious watching Stephen a and Ryan Clark trashing the jags for giving Tebow a chance....they are calling it racist without saying the word. SMH

There's this really old joke, in which a guy is sent to a psychiatrist for evaluation. One of the tests is the Rohrschach ink blot test. The doctor holds up the first card and asks, "What do you see?" The patient describes a filthy, vile, perverted act. The doc holds up the second card, and the response describes an even more filthy, vile, and perverted act. The responses escalate with each new card until finally, after the sixth ink blot, the doctor slams the cards down on his desk in disgust, and says, "You know, I've been doing this for 32 years, and I have NEVER come across anyone as sick and twisted as you!!!"

The patient replies, "Don't blame me, Doc. You're the one with the dirty pictures."

All I'm saying is, sometimes it's not the guy holding the pictures.

Maybe it's just a publicity stunt. Does Tebow have a book coming out, or a digital image or something? Still though, he might put butts in seats and eyeballs on tvs... and isn't a trainwreck like Johnny Football was before he switched to golf.

I put absolutely 0 stock in what comes out of this guy's mouth. I think he was hit in the head a few too many times and had a couple too many concussions.
I like his point with the Rodgers thing. It's old school, but I agree with him.

I like his point with the Rodgers thing. It's old school, but I agree with him.
"back in my day!!!":ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: That's that Terry Bradshaw sounds like.

I won't argue that AAron is doing the same thing that good ol' Rustler spokesman Brett Favre did when AAron was drafted... pouting, douchy, being a Richard to the new rookie. AAron is doing the same thing.

Stay Aaron. Go AAron. Do something. Stop being a drama llama. And commit. Tom Brady did, and look at him. He won another championship. Let's see where you go and do AAron.

Nobody signed him.
But I’ll take a Tebow as roster spot 50 over a criminal any day of the week.
I became a fan of him as a person as soon as he stopped playing for UF.

:oops:
5F66E30E-CFFD-44C4-AF92-B5BFBCB0A871.png

Well that's cool. So someone called the Panthers and told them the Saints were looking to draft Terrace Marshall... so they pulled him instead. I wonder if that was true or if it was a misdirection... there's a lot of that going on in the NFL to hide motives I think.

But anyway, it's nice to read how the Panthers are changing their way of doing things... and not seeing Marty Hurney on staff anymore. He apparently had a hand in 18 of Carolina's last drafts.

So good to see the team draft quality players in more than the first round.

Jags must have serious locker room issues...

I love how lots of people are upset with the Teebow signing and compare him to Kapernick But until Kapernick is willing to take the same contract then he has NO leg to stand on.
Kapernicks biggest issue was he wanted starter money when he is clearly a backup at this point.
The Broncos offered him a backup deal which he refused.

I love how lots of people are upset with the Teebow signing and compare him to Kapernick But until Kapernick is willing to take the same contract then he has NO leg to stand on.
Kapernicks biggest issue was he wanted starter money when he is clearly a backup at this point.
The Broncos offered him a backup deal which he refused.
I think a few places offered him a back up deal. There was more money in his other career.

I don't think the Teebow signing is anything. If he makes the team via his current skill set great for him and the team. If he doesn't then he doesn't.

Kaepernick comes with a whole lot more baggage to even try and make the team. Teebow gets cut during the preseason and it's probably not more than the 15th story on ESPN. If Kaepernick was to get cut and it's the number 1 story on ESPN.

absolutely nuts how they are making this a race thing with tebow and kaep. he makes the team great, if he doesn't then who cares. he is just another guy trying out for a team but since its tim tebow it gets media attention. comparing him to kaep just makes no sense

Has anyone actually seen what Tebow has been doing to train as a TE? Last time we saw him try his hand at TE he was awful. I was pulling for baseball Tebow, but I just don’t see it. Like Russell Wilson going to Texas Rangers Spring Training...

Has anyone actually seen what Tebow has been doing to train as a TE? Last time we saw him try his hand at TE he was awful. I was pulling for baseball Tebow, but I just don’t see it. Like Russell Wilson going to Texas Rangers Spring Training...
we will see it soon enough. he is big and athletic...not sure he will be able to catch anything but who knows. loyalty only goes so far in sports. putting the best team out there is the #1 goal of every team

we will see it soon enough. he is big and athletic...not sure he will be able to catch anything but who knows. loyalty only goes so far in sports. putting the best team out there is the #1 goal of every team
I mean Tebow has the time and money to train. He was moving in the right direction in AA a few years ago before he broke his hand/wrist and just never rekindled that success. He brings positivity and we could use more of that. At the least it will be a nice sideshow for me to follow while the Packers get their crap together.

Back