The Official 2021 NFL Thread

I wouldn’t want to give him Hopkins money (if that’s truly where the issue lies).
I wouldn't either. The bigger question is how much does Rodgers play a role in this? My gut says more than Adams is leading on. He has a pretty big cap hit in 2021, but then UFA. If Rodgers is not there, clearly his numbers would most likely decline as well. Making this rather unique.

I wouldn't either. The bigger question is how much does Rodgers play a role in this? My gut says more than Adams is leading on. He has a pretty big cap hit in 2021, but then UFA. If Rodgers is not there, clearly his numbers would most likely decline as well. Making this rather unique.
We were wrong about Rodgers issues being all about money since he apparently rejected a record extension, but if Adams really did break off extension talks, he’s putting a hefty wager on his talent and his health.
I read he wanted to be the highest paid WR in the NFL.
Hopkins deal just kind of breaks this market since it’s so much more valuable than any other deal.

We were wrong about Rodgers issues being all about money since he apparently rejected a record extension, but if Adams really did break off extension talks, he’s putting a hefty wager on his talent and his health.
I still don't believe it is wrong. Its a years and terms thing in my opinion and he holds all of the cards and has decided to not speak. I hope the young man comes in and lights it up.

I still don't believe it is wrong. Its a years and terms thing in my opinion and he holds all of the cards and has decided to not speak. I hope the young man comes in and lights it up.
SEASON OF LOVE! And I will continue to repeat that as I cry myself to sleep while we fall towards an early first round pick 😆

Freaking awesome!
1627060568013.png

Training camp…shmaining camp!😳

Aaron Rodgers something, something who cares.

The Texans still want a LOT for Watson.

The Texans still want a LOT for Watson.
I would be surprised they get that kind of haul.

I could see two 1st round picks and a young QB.

Watson has too much baggage and still unknowns to give what they let out to the media.

I have been a big supporter of Wentz, but the dude is made of Glass.

The Austin Bills?

The Austin Bills?

Never once thought to consider the Browns would ever move. so, nothing would surprise me. But Bils fans and Browns fans have a huge mutual respect for eachother. So my hope would be that this never is even a remote consideration.

That being said, if they actually moved....I have to imagine a huge contingency would default to being Browns fans over anything else in NY or PA.....

The Austin Bills?

I’m not certain that the State of NY will go for a 1.1 billion 100% publicly financed stadium. It will be interesting to see the politics play out on this one.

Never once thought to consider the Browns would ever move. so, nothing would surprise me. But Bils fans and Browns fans have a huge mutual respect for eachother. So my hope would be that this never is even a remote consideration.

That being said, if they actually moved....I have to imagine a huge contingency would default to being Browns fans over anything else in NY or PA.....
You are right on about the mutual respect. I have been to Cleveland multiple times over the years for AAU Basketball Tournaments, Cavaliers games, couple years ago when UB Basketball was 14 in the Nation me and some friends came for The Mac Tournament and had a great time. The people identified us as from Buffalo ( UB gear ) and could not have been nicer to us. We loved the Downtown area by the arena and the restaurants and bars. As far as the media reports nationally I think a lot is hype and click bait. The Stadium lease is up and is in negotiation. The Stadium itself is fine but there is tremendous pressure from the NFL and Goodell for a new stadium with luxury boxes and everything else. The Pegullas have no choice if they want to keep the team here the NFL is forcing this. And as far as Public money of course that is part of the negotiations. It has gone on in New York State with the Yankees and the Mets and it goes on Nationally. The Bills bring a lot financially to the area in the way of business revenue from Bars, restaurants , pizza places, hotels, limos, busses, Ubers, apparel companies, retail stores, jobs be they part time or full time. Concession stands in the stadium are generally staffed by organizations to fund raise and lots depend on that. Im sure there are many additional economic benefits an NFL franchise brings to an area and the Bills bring to Western New York. Lastly its a quality of life issue. The good times and joy and fun the team brings to the region ( particularly now that they are pretty good again ) you can't put a price on that. And its not just for people who go to the games its for everyone who watches be it at a bar, Restaurant , at home with friends. As im as sure it is in Cleveland it is an event that people look forward to and it is a just so much fun and good times. I would hope both the State and Federal Govt with its infrastructure plans and construction jobs this would create contribute to the funding of this. I think Yankee Stadium sets the basis and precedent for this.56E39675-CAA4-4734-974F-05793EFCD142.jpeg0136616A-2FC8-40BF-8458-B85B20277877.jpeg

Man, I hope the Bills never leave Buffalo. It's a crying shame that they are being squeezed by the NFL. and it's even more of a shame that billionaires want the citizenry to pay for the stadiums.

You are right on about the mutual respect. I have been to Cleveland multiple times over the years for AAU Basketball Tournaments, Cavaliers games, couple years ago when UB Basketball was 14 in the Nation me and some friends came for The Mac Tournament and had a great time. The people identified us as from Buffalo ( UB gear ) and could not have been nicer to us. We loved the Downtown area by the arena and the restaurants and bars. As far as the media reports nationally I think a lot is hype and click bait. The Stadium lease is up and is in negotiation. The Stadium itself is fine but there is tremendous pressure from the NFL and Goodell for a new stadium with luxury boxes and everything else. The Pegullas have no choice if they want to keep the team here the NFL is forcing this. And as far as Public money of course that is part of the negotiations. It has gone on in New York State with the Yankees and the Mets and it goes on Nationally. The Bills bring a lot financially to the area in the way of business revenue from Bars, restaurants , pizza places, hotels, limos, busses, Ubers, apparel companies, retail stores, jobs be they part time or full time. Concession stands in the stadium are generally staffed by organizations to fund raise and lots depend on that. Im sure there are many additional economic benefits an NFL franchise brings to an area and the Bills bring to Western New York. Lastly its a quality of life issue. The good times and joy and fun the team brings to the region ( particularly now that they are pretty good again ) you can't put a price on that. And its not just for people who go to the games its for everyone who watches be it at a bar, Restaurant , at home with friends. As im as sure it is in Cleveland it is an event that people look forward to and it is a just so much fun and good times. I would hope both the State and Federal Govt with its infrastructure plans and construction jobs this would create contribute to the funding of this. I think Yankee Stadium sets the basis and precedent for this.View attachment 9020097View attachment 9020098

I agree with you 100%. The Bills value to Buffalo, Erie County and Western NY can't be measured.

That said, I firmly believe that "corporate welfare" for billionaires will be an interesting sell given today's political climate, especially in Albany and Washington.

I agree with you 100%. The Bills value to Buffalo, Erie County and Western NY can't be measured.

That said, I firmly believe that "corporate welfare" for billionaires will be an interesting sell given today's political climate, especially in Albany and Washington.
I agree . This will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I have a feeling it is going to be hard for billionaires to push for fully subsidized stadiums. Using Austin is dubious at best for me. I seriously doubt the Cowboys are going to let a team go into Austin.

I have a feeling it is going to be hard for billionaires to push for fully subsidized stadiums. Using Austin is dubious at best for me. I seriously doubt the Cowboys are going to let a team go into Austin.
The Pegulas have denied ever talking with anyone from Austin or saying they have threatened to move the team to Austin. They saved the Bills (and the Sabres ) ,have invested heavily in Western New York and have done a lot in the Downtown area with development .Someone is using that narrative to stir things up and I doubt very much its the Pegulas or anyone on behalf of the Bills. This needs to get worked out and I believe it will. Hopefully it does not become a Political football and im sure like most municipalities we have elected officials that are not equipped to handle negotiations such as these. And the Pegullas have denied asking for a fully subsidized stadium but certainly the same standards that have been applied by State and local govt for example Yankee Stadium need to be applied here.

The Pegulas have denied ever talking with anyone from Austin or saying they have threatened to move the team to Austin. They saved the Bills (and the Sabres ) ,have invested heavily in Western New York and have done a lot in the Downtown area with development .Someone is using that narrative to stir things up and I doubt very much its the Pegulas or anyone on behalf of the Bills. This needs to get worked out and I believe it will. Hopefully it does not become a Political football and im sure like most municipalities we have elected officials that are not equipped to handle negotiations such as these. And the Pegullas have denied asking for a fully subsidized stadium but certainly the same standards that have been applied by State and local govt for example Yankee Stadium need to be applied here.

Simple negotiation stuff going on here. Ask for 100% and expect less than that.

If Austin was even brought up in any matter - its very likely it was in the context of "hey any other city would spend literal billions for a NFL team - you can help out here"

Back