The Official 2021 NFL Thread

This is way to early for football already. πŸ˜‚

This is way to early for football already. πŸ˜‚

I think the Lions put things in motion early with the Goff - Stafford trade. That and other potential QB moves has definitely changed the period between the Super Bowl and the Draft.

I think whoever takes Penei Sewell is the real winner in the draft.

I think whoever takes Penei Sewell is the real winner in the draft.

So much of this draft depends on what the Jets do with the 2nd pick. The Jets could definitely use him if they plan on keeping Sam Darnold. Sewell and Becton would be two potentially very good tackles.

But, it’s the J E T S. They may keep Darnold and trade the pick. Some team will want to move up to take a QB. I think the Dolphins should take Sewell at 3 if available.

Isn't is baseball season now?

The Chiefs O-line was a hodgepodge of crap for the Super Bowl. They need to go out and shore up that mess or what we saw will become the norm for scheme against KC. With that said, I have a hard time imagining Andy Reid and Eric Bieniemy not studying the game film and finding their own way to counter act it, too. It's crazy to think that was the first game Mahomes has lost a Pro by more than one touchdown. He was running for his life all night, credit to the Buc's D for sure, but as good as he is the game never slowed down for him. He's still learning! How scary is that for the rest of the league. This was a learning experience for him at the highest level game. The Chiefs will be back.

Reactions: J4U
I’m curious to see how the QB stuff plays out.

If Darnold can play all those draft picks the Jets keep are really valuable. On the other hand if they flip the picks for Watson you’ve got your QB for the next decade.

Wentz... where does he get traded to?

Does Bellicheck implicitly admit the Pats screwed up by getting a QB?
Good question about Wentz... and here are some more.

What happens if Detroit decides to deal Goff?
And, are the Broncos happy with Lock?
And are the Raiders happy with Carr?
And are the 49ers happy with Jimmy G?
And is Carolina happy with Bridgewater?
Are the Dolphins happy with Tua?

better early than late? :LOL:
I guess so...I mean the draft isn't too far away.
I think the Lions put things in motion early with the Goff - Stafford trade. That and other potential QB moves has definitely changed the period between the Super Bowl and the Draft.
That trade definitely kicked off the 2021 season before the 2020 season was even over.

Go Eagles!

Man the Justin Fields stock is dropping faster than AMC theaters

It's early yet, but it doesn't surprise me. Let's face it, TOSU does not produce pro QB's! I heard today that the "hit" rate on first round picks is about 50%, and on FA's is about 33%! That's why about one third of the league is UFA's!

Any reason in particular?

he’s not a good QB? I mean that not as a dig, but compared to others out there I just don’t see anyway he’s a top 15 or 20 player much less one of the top qb’s in the draft

he’s not a good QB? I mean that not as a dig, but compared to others out there I just don’t see anyway he’s a top 15 or 20 player much less one of the top qb’s in the draft
I was surprised to see ESPN latest had him either 3rd or 4th considering just a few weeks ago they had him as 1a. That usually means scout notes are getting out or at least did previously. My prior functions were so far removed than the current next gen stuff that exists today. He was tail end of the first round last I saw.

Saw somewhere today that all the QB’s that were drafted in the 2016 draft have either been traded and/or benched except one.

Dak Prescott.

Justin when his game is on is incredible. That game against Clemson was an all time performance. But he’s so inconsistent, that Northwestern game was awful

Also anyone who thinks Stafford is better than Goff is crazy. Loved watching Matt through the years, but he’s not really that good

I am not a Shannon Sharpe fan, but he is absolutely right and Sterling Sharpe should have been in the HOF years ago!

JJ Watt released by Texans

JJ Watt released by Texans
I guess his cap hit is just too much for his level of production. Wonder if someone will just go after the name.

I guess his cap hit is just too much for his level of production. Wonder if someone will just go after the name.
After the name? He’s still a solid option. Just shouldn’t be playing every down. Reggie White didn’t get to GB till he was 32.....

I know a team that plays his brothers twice a season and could use a really nice compliment to their current DE on the opposite side.

Mike and Markiece Pouncey BOTH retiring today.

Steelers C Maurkice Pouncey announces his retirement.

Back