The Official 2021 NFL Thread

Either the Jets or Giants should be relocated to St. Louis.
There I said it.

Either the Jets or Giants should be relocated to St. Louis.
There I said it.
If they merged the best of the two rosters and moved the team to St. Louis would they have a winning record?

If they merged the best of the two rosters and moved the team to St. Louis would they have a winning record?
Yes.
But I mean think about this.
You have one city with two teams, both of which stink and neither even play in the state.
St. Louis, Oakland and San Diego all supported their franchises and lost them for some other reasonings.
I understand history and all, but there is no reason for any city to have two teams anymore.
Just as one of them has to go. Chargers or Rams and the correct answer is Chargers.

The answer is the Jets

Screenshot_20220118-142332_Chrome.jpg

I imagine the great fans of St Louis want no part of the NY Jets organization coming to their town.

I imagine the great fans of St Louis want no part of the NY Jets organization coming to their town.
Maybe. I mean the NFL basically admitted fault with the Rams by settling.
At least that team was going back to LA. Chargers leaving was a joke.
LA doesnt need one let alone 2 based on attendance and both teams were good.
NY definitely doesnt need two teams playing in Joisey

They actually had this discussion earlier in the season on ESPN Radio as to whether the Giants and Jets combined would have a winning record. I'm thinking as constructed this year, the answer would be no.

Interesting. Do you know whether those numbers are ticket sales or butts in the seats on Game Day? I think it may be the latter.

I'm reminded of the late Beano Cook's response when hearing that Baseball Commissioner Bowie Kuhn announced he was giving the returning Iranian hostages gold passes, granting them free lifetime admission to any MLB game in any venue:

"Haven't they suffered enough?"

You could move the Jags too. Forget that they are bad, that area is never going to support them. They had Minshew mania for 5 minutes, but they draw a much bigger crowd for the FL/GA game.

You could move the Jags too. Forget that they are bad, that area is never going to support them. They had Minshew mania for 5 minutes, but they draw a much bigger crowd for the FL/GA game.
I agree with this.
Although I still dont think any city needs two teams anymore based on the current worth of the NFL.

Aren't they moving the Jags to London? :D

I agree with this.
Although I still dont think any city needs two teams anymore based on the current worth of the NFL.

I 100% agree with that too. And especially a city that has never supported any team, so why bring 2 there?

Aren't they moving the Jags to London? :D

That has been the rumor for a few years now. I just can't imagine them actually doing something like that, but from a fan support standpoint, they would have a better chance at filling the stadium and getting support in London then they do in Jacksonville.

I have to think Malik McDowell is out of chances after another bizarre incident. Hopefully he gets the help he needs.

Does anybody else find this whole Ridley thing weird? No mention of mental health, but that’s the assumption. No contact with team on the surface. No explanation still.

Any other period of time and this standard probably wouldn’t have been accepted or assumed but currently that is where we are.

Does anybody else find this whole Ridley thing weird? No mention of mental health, but that’s the assumption. No contact with team on the surface. No explanation still.

Any other period of time and this standard probably wouldn’t have been accepted or assumed but currently that is where we are.
As a Sixers fan I find this to be completely standard behavior these days.

I am aware of one other presumed mental health issue currently impacting a roster (Stephon Tuitt) and the situation has been made about as opaque as can be.

I have never considered Jacksonville to be a big time pro sports town.
Right now it seems to be most noted as a pro wrestling venue.
I guess that they did well with a USFL team or something and got a shot.

Perhaps being in a division with Tampa Bay and Miami would help spur interest.
I don't know.

there was a mention of mental health, from Ridley himself (as well as the team), and according to the team as of a few days ago "nothing has changed"

there was a mention of mental health, from Ridley himself (as well as the team), and according to the team as of a few days ago "nothing has changed"

I don’t read that as a healthcare matter, some might. That could be anything. And ownership has said they have had no contact or news.

I don’t read that as a healthcare matter, some might. That could be anything. And ownership has said they have had no contact or news.
I understand lack of contact with the team is an entirely different beast, but he explicitly says he’s stepping away for his mental well-being. Is that not a health issue? What about Lane Johnson’s experience this season?

I understand lack of contact with the team is an entirely different beast, but he explicitly says he’s stepping away for his mental well-being. Is that not a health issue? What about Lane Johnson’s experience this season?
Mental well being could be. It could also be a number of other things. I have known players that said similar when a family member passed or needed alcohol treatment, etc. it very well could be a mental health matter, but when even ownership seems lost in translation as time went on, it does ask questions. And there are some rumors out there, which adds fuel to the fire.

Mental well being could be. It could also be a number of other things. I have known players that said similar when a family member passed or needed alcohol treatment, etc. it very well could be a mental health matter, but when even ownership seems lost in translation as time went on, it does ask questions. And there are some rumors out there, which adds fuel to the fire.
Fair enough. Communication is key with whatever is going on. I’m not tuned in to his situation, but hopefully we see him mentally and physically healthy in the near future!

Reactions: JB
There it is. I almost had it word for word. I should look at a career in PR

Maybe. I mean the NFL basically admitted fault with the Rams by settling.
At least that team was going back to LA. Chargers leaving was a joke.
LA doesnt need one let alone 2 based on attendance and both teams were good.
NY definitely doesnt need two teams playing in Joisey
I’d move Chargers to St Louis and the Jets to the XFL

Back