The Official 2021 NFL Thread

Hope it pans out for Cowboys fans. That is a huge amount of dough tied up into an overrated RB, WR and now QB.
The bigger story here is not really about Dak with this contract. It is what this means for Baker Mayfield and Lamar Jackson who are both coming up? The early talk is both are going to want to build upon this.

It's a huge amount to tie up on any player, but as a Steelers fan, I hope Baker and Lamar break their respective banks. It may be our only shot.

It's a huge amount to tie up on any player, but as a Steelers fan, I hope Baker and Lamar break their respective banks. It may be our only shot.
The Cowboys deal with Dak isn’t all that bad with the back 2 years voidable in terms of signing others. They do have a lot of money in skill positions though. When you compare that to most of the really good teams in the NFL, it’s a really different structure, but honestly that division is such a dumpster fire they should do well right off the bat.

It’s nice to see that the $35 I dropped on a clearance Dak jersey right after Christmas wasn’t a waste.

Pumped for Dak! Glad he got paid, now hope he can get and stay healthy.

Finally over & don’t have to hear about it anymore. 2 years from now that $40M for a QB will probably look low. TV $$$ keeps coming in and cap will keep going up.

Wow. Looks like the Titans dropped the ball on their due diligence here.

I just don't get it with these QB contracts. We saw the Wentz and Goff deals didn't work out very well for their teams. I just don't know how the Cowboys can afford anything else paying three people such high contracts.

I am not saying Dak is a bad QB, I actually think he is a serviceable QB. A good game manager on a team that has plenty of weapons. However, I just don't see how he is worth that much cap percentage. Also, if I am a QB about to come up for a contract what would they want? 40+ million has to be the starting number now. You have what, Baker, Lamar, Allen, Murray, etc. The NFL better hope the new TV contracts bail the owners out and the cap increases greatly.

I just don't get it with these QB contracts. We saw the Wentz and Goff deals didn't work out very well for their teams. I just don't know how the Cowboys can afford anything else paying three people such high contracts.

I am not saying Dak is a bad QB, I actually think he is a serviceable QB. A good game manager on a team that has plenty of weapons. However, I just don't see how he is worth that much cap percentage. Also, if I am a QB about to come up for a contract what would they want? 40+ million has to be the starting number now. You have what, Baker, Lamar, Allen, Murray, etc. The NFL better hope the new TV contracts bail the owners out and the cap increases greatly.
he's not worth it

BUT

you either pay Your Guy or you sign a Brian Hoyer

i have dak in the middle of the pack for qb's somewhere between 15 and 18. and if that gets you 40 mil a year then what are lamar jackson and josh allen going to get? patrick mahomes is actually underpaid now

this contract will hamstring the cowboys for years. only good thing is that they are in the nfc least. so yeah they might win a divison or 2 but that means nothing. they will get smacked first round of the playoffs. and if the redskins can find a qb they will instantly be better then dallas. sorry washington football team

i have dak in the middle of the pack for qb's somewhere between 15 and 18. and if that gets you 40 mil a year then what are lamar jackson and josh allen going to get? patrick mahomes is actually underpaid now

this contract will hamstring the cowboys for years. only good thing is that they are in the nfc least. so yeah they might win a divison or 2 but that means nothing. they will get smacked first round of the playoffs. and if the redskins can find a qb they will instantly be better then dallas. sorry washington football team

Actually won’t. If you look at it, it’s $22M this year, $34M next & then they wait and see what the new tv deal does (probably doubles) & what it does to the overall salary cap going forward. Restructuring comes into play after that if they decide to keep going. About as good as they could have done w/o throwing in the towel and starting over.

The Cowboys deal with Dak isn’t all that bad with the back 2 years voidable in terms of signing others. They do have a lot of money in skill positions though. When you compare that to most of the really good teams in the NFL, it’s a really different structure, but honestly that division is such a dumpster fire they should do well right off the bat.
It's a good deal for both sides. It gives them 2 years to decide if they want to sign him long term and avoids the possibility that they would lose the locker room if they went away from Dak.

The Money doesn't bother me in 2 years it will be the average.

Now who will the Pats end up with???

things are heating up on tag day. Shaq Barrett doesn’t get tagged which is interesting. They have the cash though.

Brady saying he wants OBJ rumors.
Packers don’t tag Jones (which I knew was coming).
And this Russell Wilson nonsense that he brought on himself. I think he’s dealt.

I'm hoping that Baker is smarter than that! He has a nice cast around him , and should like to keep it there!

Finally over & don’t have to hear about it anymore. 2 years from now that $40M for a QB will probably look low. TV $$$ keeps coming in and cap will keep going up.

Well, except for next year. The teams are kind of left to guess about where it will land.

Yeah, that's the deal like I said above. they don't really know where things are going to land this year, except that they are going down. But, everyone expects the money to skyrocket in the year after that. i think that's why the Browns are taking the position that they want to see "one more year" from Baker.

I find it interesting that Cowherd says routinely that rookie QB's in their second year under the same system improve dramatically, Well, here's Baker, after 3 years with 4 HC's!, and the first time that he has had the same system in place from one season to another, and he totally ignores that!

2021 salary cap has been finalized at $182.5 million.

Texans sign another declining RB in Ingram.

Annnnnnd the Patriots are ReSIGNING Cam Newton?? Are you ******* kidding me?

I don't know anyone in New England that is happy about this. I am hoping this means they are going to draft someone but I am completely bent as is everyone on the 2 Boston sports stations but I am Trying not to over react and cancel my tickets. If I look at the bright side I will probably be able to move seats because this is def going to push some people to that point.

I would rather LOSE with Stidham than watch Cam Newton throw the ball into the ground 1 more ******* time!!

#PissedOffPatsFan

Annnnnnd the Patriots are ReSIGNING Cam Newton?? Are you ******* kidding me?

I don't know anyone in New England that is happy about this. I am hoping this means they are going to draft someone but I am completely bent as is everyone on the 2 Boston sports stations but I am Trying not to over react and cancel my tickets. If I look at the bright side I will probably be able to move seats because this is def going to push some people to that point.

I would rather LOSE with Stidham than watch Cam Newton throw the ball into the ground 1 more ******* time!!

#PissedOffPatsFan
Yeah those of us that have watched pathetic teams over that last 20 years are not shedding a tear for you. Lol

Brady signing for 4 yrs to get a 1 yr contract and save the Bucs $19 million. It is not about being the highest paid QB. You have to pay those around you as well. I understand the ego involved with QB1 being paid the highest but when you have to cut your whole OL to pay for you then maybe you took it too far. I know this year is kinda odd because of the revenue going down but you have to account for it. I am with the player for getting what you can as I think most players want the cheddar and not the trophy.

Brady signing for 4 yrs to get a 1 yr contract and save the Bucs $19 million. It is not about being the highest paid QB. You have to pay those around you as well. I understand the ego involved with QB1 being paid the highest but when you have to cut your whole OL to pay for you then maybe you took it too far. I know this year is kinda odd because of the revenue going down but you have to account for it. I am with the player for getting what you can as I think most players want the cheddar and not the trophy.
Brady is still getting his money and the Bucs will have to deal with it down the road its a 4 year extension that can void after 2, They ripped up the old contract so its this year plus 2022 then it voids. But does it really matter to them they just won a Superbowl for the 1st time in a long time and might possibly win another.

i don't think the cam re-signing is necessarily a bad thing for the pats...

Wow. Did not think this would happen!

Wow. Did not think this would happen!

there wasn’t a ton of interest for long term deals out there for him. Team is going to need some restructuring if they want to shore up a few spots, and it will most likely mean one of those other backs won’t be back without it.

Back