The Official 2022 - 2023 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

I can't imagine any other reason to go watch that on ice product for that price..
I'd go watch the Leafs play there. Could be a pretty good atmosphere with Matthews in the building!

I'll meet you there.

Or just come to Columbus haha
Columbus could actually be fun!

Also, I just looked at tickets in Columbus, and they're not too bad, price-wise!

So we'll just watch the game from your place - got it hahaha
There are golf courses open during all of hockey season too. 😉

The NHL just tweeted about my brother in law’s junior hockey team. He has been thr co-head coach for 3 years now.

Cool to see!

The NHL just tweeted about my brother in law’s junior hockey team. He has been thr co-head coach for 3 years now.

Cool to see!

That’s awesome!

I saw it a couple days ago too and have watched a few times since. Great skills.

Granite City is Tier III?

That’s awesome!

I saw it a couple days ago too and have watched a few times since. Great skills.

Granite City is Tier III?
Yeah. They have quite the program going. They make the national tournament pretty much every year and have won 3 national championships.

They also have a handful of guys move up to the NAHL every year.

The goalie they had playing last year was a junior in high school and he moved up for 2022-23 season.

Cool to see!

haha that's sick.

The dancing by the bench would have me sending them for laps though 😄

Yeah. They have quite the program going. They make the national tournament pretty much every year and have won 3 national championships.

They also have a handful of guys move up to the NAHL every year.

The goalie they had playing last year was a junior in high school and he moved up for 2022-23 season.
I could watch this kind of hockey all day. Every single one of those players giving it their all each time they touch the ice.

Brings back some fun memories for sure.

haha that's sick.

The dancing by the bench would have me sending them for laps though 😄
And likely a little return message from the other team...

We live in a different world.

That would have meant some decent damage incoming in the late 90s. 😄
Haha! YES!

I did evaluations for the kids rep teams this year and the difference was staggering. Totally different coaching styles, skills, and mindset. It was fun.

Ever since I moved to SC it’s been tough keeping up with my Red Wings. Tonight I got an alert on my phone that the Wings/Chicago preseason game was getting ready to start on ESPN+. So I tuned in.

One thing I did NOT like seeing is that the Wings now have a corporate logo on their helmets! Now I could see this with a team like Vegas (where EVERYTHING is for sale) but not an Original Six team.

On another note, the Wings have a LW in camp that’s 6’8” 245# and can skate! 7’ on skates. Could have used him when Chara was playing.

Trevor Zegras needs a second MRI and I’m getting worried about it 😕

Doesn’t sound like Zegras is out long term. Thank freaking goodness

Why the hell is a Ducks Kings preseason game blacked out in Montana? Good lord this is dumb

Back