The Official 2022 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teddy with the big scramble! This is also Mostert’s most productive game on the ground so far this year.

Wtf Teddy?!

Woof there’s a costly miscommunication.

Another long FG by mcpherson would be ideal

Great play! This one’s over.

Tyreek still sneaky. And fast.

Tua being discharged from the hospital

Both can be true. The dolphins are a gross franchise and the independent reviewer can be bad at their job and/or made a mistake. The NFL is reviewing last week but at the very least questioning the lower back injury designation is certainly justified.
The first question I would ask the independent Doctor that cleared him last week is did he watch a video replay and what did he see.?. Did he see Tuas head bounce off the turf and with how much force ? How many times did he watch and how many angles.
I would ask did Tua exhibit classic symptoms of a head injury and concussion when he got up. Other than talking to Tua and whatever he said how did he rule out a concussion. It really does not make sense. And I would ask the same of anyone involved in the process. I hope Tua is ok.
I understand we are all doctors on the internet but what we saw on TV (which I said I found scary) can be caused by multiple things, we are just quick to call it the head because we have seen it. Furthermore passing protocol is more than just talking to a player.

But I’m not sure I understand the “gross” or “blame” here. For literally decades we “want” our players to play. They want to play. The NFL and union together force independent analysis of injury. Player passes it. What should anybody do?

Certainly nobody wants to see someone get hurt. Including a team that invested tens of millions of dollars into it. I simply don’t get the backlash here.

I'm neither a doctor, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn last night, but the video would only ever show the potential for a concussion. It isn't the only thing considered.

I think the concussion protocol is more in depth than asking the player if they feel ok and if they want to go back in. It sounds like the protocol was followed.
This is correct.

This is correct.
Watching the game from the sideline with the review booth in your ear changes your perspective of the game. Being the ATC spotter and watching out for any sort of potential injury would really change that perspective. I bet their kids, if they have any, don't play football!

Watching the game from the sideline with the review booth in your ear changes your perspective of the game. Being the ATC spotter and watching out for any sort of potential injury would really change that perspective. I bet their kids, if they have any, don't play football!
I hate it for the player, the team, etc. Its scary stuff.
With that said, we have all seen horrific injuries to other parts of the body only to find out after tests that it is less severe than thought of. And nothing burgers turn out to be the player is out for the year or career ending. It all sucks, but I just feel for the player here, I like the independence of the testing and the protocol is pretty steep compared to most sports (as it should be). Nobody including the team wants anybody hurt to the level this looked for sure. Kudos to the city last night for helping this guy and it appears he was up and okay.

Blame is easy but I think we need to have more facts and information before we can determine what happened here regarding the protocol and if it was followed after Sunday’s injury. While we wait we can take comfort in the fact that Tua was released from the hospital last night. We need to learn what last night’s injury was and how, if at all, it was affected by Sunday’s injury.

Reactions: JB
Glad the Bengals won last night & I’m hopeful that Tua will make a full recovery. That loss to Pittsburgh the first week really stings and we will see how it affects their season.

I hate this for Tua, but hopefully a couple of things happen

1- the NFL takes a closer look at its concussion protocols. This has to be seen as a high-profile failure for them.

2- the team takes every possible precaution before getting him back on the field. Miami is building something special, no need to rush it

Giants vs Bears on Sunday…. Are you ready for another loss @drp3434?

Last edited:
This tweet from the NFLPA is a joke. Obviously I don’t know the ins and outs of the process but how can an investigation like this take longer than 2-3 days? I mean he either has a concussion Monday morning or he doesn’t. At the very least identify that ahead of the game and sort out what went wrong later.

B06FF090-7CE2-413A-9C8A-2F9DD7F26071.png

Yes! What happens when to dumpster fires bump into each other? Dumpster inferno?
Hey now this is a battle between two above .500 teams!

Yes! What happens when to dumpster fires bump into each other? Dumpster inferno?

We will both watch and enjoy such a masterful display of ineptitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back