The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. They must be paying these guys a LOT of money to do these commercials.

[YOUTUBE]2kczi7QV5-Q[/YOUTUBE]

Worst Tiger commercial ever......

hmmm, i have never seen that one before ... i was thinking john travolta was gonna appear at any second ... roflmbo

The Kid would love that one. Is it even shown on American television, or is one of those Japanese commercials where they pay mega bucks to folks who'd never do American ads?

The Kid would love that one. Is it even shown on American television, or is one of those Japanese commercials where they pay mega bucks to folks who'd never do American ads?

I know....when I went to Japan I saw Matt Dillon advertising toothpaste.

[YOUTUBE]HazUvFXY2X4[/YOUTUBE]

I like this one, but then I also like the Bee Gee's.

And I think that Conan one is hilarious.

That looked more like a SHOE commercial to me, then it did a Gillette.

That was an awesome commercial.

The Kid liked it: "That doesn't look like Derek Jeter; that looks like some '70s guy."

LOL, I just went over to the other place to look around, and it's hilarious how many members have been hypnotized with "Titleist is the best. Titleist is the best. Titleist is all there is. Titleist is the best." Almost every single thread has someone praising Titleist. It's freakin funny!

Conan is awesome. Thats a great commercial.

I think we should get an "Arcade Banter" thread...that'd be cool-i-o! I'm too lazy to make one.

Speaking of commercials. Does anyone remember the commercial from a few years back, in the beginning it shows a guy with his arm out the window and his radio turned up loud. Then it pans out and shows him driving a hearse in a funeral procession? I can't remember if it was a commercial for a radio or a commercial for speakers.

Anyways I remembered it yesterday while my wife and I were sitting in a funeral procession that I swear was about a mile long.

[YOUTUBE]E_79y9W-q7Y[/YOUTUBE]

Found it. I guess it wasn't quite the way I remembered it.

Copied over here:

I'd have gone a different direction, myself.

Spoiler
Too long to quote in its entirety, and I assume you don't need citations (c'mon there!):

This royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle,
This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars,
This other Eden, demi-paradise,
This fortress built by Nature for herself... .

It's too late Claire, you already got us in trouble!

Copied over here:

I'd have gone a different direction, myself.

Spoiler
Too long to quote in its entirety, and I assume you don't need citations (c'mon there!):

This royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle,
This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars,
This other Eden, demi-paradise,
This fortress built by Nature for herself... .

Ah, England and Shakespeare. But if we are going to verse about England, I like Matthew Arnold's Dover Beach, especially its melancholy closing:

Ah, love, let us be true / to one another! For the world which seems / to lie before us like a land of dreams, / so various, so beautiful, so new, / hath really neither joy, nor love, nor light, / nor certitude, nor peace, nor help for pain; / and we are here as on a darkling plain / swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight, / where ignorant armies clash by night.​

Awesome. Sadly, I sold out that life long ago. :(

Ah, England and Shakespeare. But if we are going to verse about England, I like Matthew Arnold's Dover Beach, especially its melancholy closing:
Ah, love, let us be true / to one another! For the world which seems / to lie before us like a land of dreams, / so various, so beautiful, so new, / hath really neither joy, nor love, nor light, / nor certitude, nor peace, nor help for pain; / and we are here as on a darkling plain / swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight, / where ignorant armies clash by night.
Awesome. Sadly, I sold out that life long ago. :(

Very nice. To be that young again! If we want to do England and romance, you can't beat the pre-transcendental John Donne. My volume is at home, and there's no way to quote it without sounding like a seduction, anyway.

There once was a man from Nantucket . . .

I can't believe I just read Shakespeare's name in this thread. I HATE HIM!
I'm one of the few (I suppose) who thinks his writing blows. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back