The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tmex

Paul Casey, WINNER!
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 14.2
I've been perusing the bay as well Hawk. I can't think of anything to buy. I kind of want to buy an Octane 3wood.
Doooooooooooooooooo it. Infact get the tour version. You wont regret it. I think the stock shaft is a low launcher and very beastlike. Don't fear the tour moniker.

TC

Keg Thrower
Reaction score
Handicap
I never buy anything. I'm the worst OEM'r out there. I put a pair of Clearance Slazenger pants back the other day because I didn't want to spend $30.
I'm the same way bro! Terrible OEM'er.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I find it incredibly odd that there is so much equipment talk in the banter thread and always too much banter in the equipment threads.
We have threads on Cleveland BRZ putters
We have threads on SeeMores
We have threads on equipment pondering.

I just find it all odd. Its like the banter thread turns into a google chat every night at 9pm

arydolphin

GTHC!
Reaction score
Handicap
I tried the Spider Ghost belly tonight and couldn't hit the cup from 4 feet.
If that's not a ringing endorsement, I don't know what is!

My putting was effing horrible today and it made me consider putting with my driver like a titty putter. I need Dave Stockton like a fat kid needs food.
Did you know there's a putting book by Dave Stockton coming out on September 15? I'm 99% sure I'm buying it.
http://www.amazon.com/Unconscious-P...6602/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315361060&sr=8-1

JR

Reaction score
Handicap
Cleveland Classic polo new in my size for 10 bucks Buy it now. Wow. Anybody bought clothes on the bay? good/bad idea?

TC

Keg Thrower
Reaction score
Handicap
I find it incredibly odd that there is so much equipment talk in the banter thread and always too much banter in the equipment threads.

I just find it all odd. Its like the banter thread turns into a BBM chat every night at 9pm
FIFY dude.

JR

Reaction score
Handicap
Sorry man, this thread is just really convenient. I will try to hold off from now on.

I just find it all odd. Its like the banter thread turns into a google chat every night at 9pm

Spank818

Brian Gaysian
Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 4.19

arydolphin

GTHC!
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm gonna OEM that right now! (Is it considered OEM'ing when it's a preorder?) Now I just gotta find something for $8 to get the free shipping. Normally books and I don't get along but I'll resort to anything considering my putting. Thanks, Ary!
No problem man. I've been waiting for him to come out with a book since he did that Golf Channel Academy special last winter. I've already adopted some of his methods into my putting, but want to read more about it. I'm also trying to go with the no-practice-stroke approach, but I'm not all the way there yet.

Chunkylover77

Proud JakeNation Member
Reaction score
Handicap
The entire civilized world runs on EST bro, so can you. What is it with you Texans? Such an odd bunch. I think we should have a Team TX vs. Team NC at the outing. We'd rock y'alls overrated football teams and bbq planets.
That would not be fair to those silly Texans. Who would OEM Fake Texan play for? Is there a Maryland team. Heck does anyone even admit they live in Maryland?

BulldogsGolf

Future PGA Professional
Reaction score
Handicap
One day when ddec, timmyak and I all get down there we will show everyone at the outing how golf is played in south canada....lol NY boys FTW

Spank818

Brian Gaysian
Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 4.19
That would not be fair to those silly Texans. Who would OEM Fake Texan play for? Is there a Maryland team. Heck does anyone even admit they live in Maryland?
OEM's next OEM?

Chunkylover77

Proud JakeNation Member
Reaction score
Handicap

Spank818

Brian Gaysian
Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 4.19
Name that movie...

"Crab cakes and football! That's what Maryland does!"

BulldogsGolf

Future PGA Professional
Reaction score
Handicap
Wedding crashers?

Spank818

Brian Gaysian
Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 4.19

BulldogsGolf

Future PGA Professional
Reaction score
Handicap
BOOYAH! I thought so...haven't seen that movie in a while...

Smallville

#WeLoveYouAlex
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Off to play nine, maybe 18 depending on the crowdedness. Back later.

RedlyneTheory

Erock Army
Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX1.0003

Bridges

Reaction score
Handicap
Might be the craziest change of weather I have seen in a while. 105* Last Tuesday(90* at 7am). 100* Saturday. Yesterday morning 58*. The high for yesterday? 86* Temperature right now? 81*...Crazy, but im liking it a lot. Feels nice.

#Cookie

Grinder
Reaction score
Handicap
Might be the craziest change of weather I have seen in a while. 105* Last Tuesday(90* at 7am). 100* Saturday. Yesterday morning 58*. The high for yesterday? 86* Temperature right now? 81*...Crazy, but im liking it a lot. Feels nice.
Cheers to that! A/C is off and windows are open 24/7 for the time being. I may be able to actually walk 36 again now!!

RedlyneTheory

Erock Army
Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX1.0003
I'm jealous, the heat is unrelenting over here in AZ.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Bridges

Reaction score
Handicap
Just saw a commercial for maxtal, gel inserts you put in your shoes to make you taller. I think it was 3 inches taller.

Things like this make me mad. I mean why the hell didnt I think of this? Some guy will probably make a couple hundred thousand off this simple idea.

bogey_russ

outside operations
Reaction score
Handicap
girs
Just saw a commercial for maxtal, gel inserts you put in your shoes to make you taller. I think it was 3 inches taller.

Things like this make me mad. I mean why the hell didnt I think of this? Some guy will probably make a couple hundred thousand off this simple idea.
id buy one if it made me 30yrds longer

Smallville

#WeLoveYouAlex
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Have fun man!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk
The round sucked, but the company I paired up with on hole 16 (my 7th ) was good. An older guy Jacqui and I played with a month or so ago and a buddy of his. Company was good, but they played slow (for me). I played the first nine in 1:20, the second nine in 2:00. I was flying through the first 6 holes until I caught up to them. 3:20 for 18 wasn't bad, though I was envisioning something better. I played the first 6 in about 40 or 45 minutes and was 6 over thru 6, 22 over the last 12. Uggh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in