The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jman, I'll be interested in hearing your and your wife's thoughts on each of these locations.

I'm thinking a thread will be in order here in the off-topic forums.

Perhaps "A redneck's journey in medical academia?" or "Oh snap, why'd she marry that guy?"

The wifey just got a residency interview at Baylor in Dallas, pretty big deal as its a pretty high up OB/GYN program.

So far:

Asheville, NC
Louisville, KY
Dallas, TX

Craziness.

I've actually got a friend who is in her last year of her OB/GYN residency in Louisville right now, could get some info on the program from her if you want that.

It's interesting that Baylor has medical programs both in Houston and in Dallas, I wasn't aware of that. By the way, 3 interviews already and it's not even October is good, some of the programs don't even make their interview choices until October. Most places will either take their interviewees out to dinner on the night before, or you'll go to a current resident's house to eat the night before, always take advantage of that, it's free food!

P4B, where did ya go?

I've actually got a friend who is in her last year of her OB/GYN residency in Louisville right now, could get some info on the program from her if you want that.

It's interesting that Baylor has medical programs both in Houston and in Dallas, I wasn't aware of that. By the way, 3 interviews already and it's not even October is good, some of the programs don't even make their interview choices until October. Most places will either take their interviewees out to dinner on the night before, or you'll go to a current resident's house to eat the night before, always take advantage of that, it's free food!

Ary, honestly, that would be awesome if you could dude, it would be much appreciated.

I hear ya on the interviews, she's been told her application is SUPER competitive for her field again and again but the Baylor thing last night kind of got her to realize it herself I think. Apparently as far as OB goes its a pretty big one I guess? Also, we've read about the night before dinners, I'm always down for free food and finding out more about a place, I won't be able to go with her to all of them because of teaching but am gonna hit the ones near some of my favorite THP'ers lol.

Busy. I've been on the range or the course 5 times in 6 days and then writing my butt off.

If that's the case, I think you're holding the pen wrong.

So, nobody with smartphone opinions?

Busy. I've been on the range or the course 5 times in 6 days and then writing my butt off.

You doing an awesome job lately on the reviewing category. I have been highly impressed.

Thanks, dmb. I appreciate that.

Yea, Jake, it is fun. Lots of great stuff going on in the equipment world right now.

Anyone here have an Atrix 4G? I am pondering a new cell phone and I am trying to get the parents to agree to a data plan. ATT customer. Any reccomendations?

Dont play. Get the iPhone4 homey

Yeah, but then I will want the 5 lol. Thats pretty pricey, but it is a fun phone.
I think $199 but that will drop very soon when the iPhone5 comes out.

Well, two banterish things now:

1) First paycheck for JUST teaching with no coaching on it was no-where NEAR as bad as anticipated despite losing 7k in coaching stipends! Talking 250.00 higher that we had anticipated, that is HUGE!

2) Wife just got an interview with Scott and White in Temple, TX. Apparently this one is really prestigious? I really have no clue, I just go with what she says lol.

Well, two banterish things now:

1) First paycheck for JUST teaching with no coaching on it was no-where NEAR as bad as anticipated despite losing 7k in coaching stipends! Talking 250.00 higher that we had anticipated, that is HUGE!

2) Wife just got an interview with Scott and White in Temple, TX. Apparently this one is really prestigious? I really have no clue, I just go with what she says lol.

My sister used to be a nurse there before she moved back to GA. Great hospital!

My sister used to be a nurse there before she moved back to GA. Great hospital!

Good to know KB! Just talked to her, this was one of them she put on there "just to see" kind alike a longshot. Pretty cool.

I'm being overrun by bush hippies today. Apparently showers are an elective to them.

I'm being overrun by bush hippies today. Apparently showers are an elective to them.

Hippies are vile and gross.
staticmap
1132 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA

Tapatalk: even Romosexuals use it

Hippies are vile and gross.
staticmap
1132 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA

Whoa, freaky little stalker tool you have there. I'll send some hippies right up there.

Seriously though, my office smells like butt sweat and nutella. I'm gonna have to shat in the floor to get the smell out.

Whoa, freaky little stalker tool you have there. I'll send some hippies right up there.

Seriously though, my office smells like butt sweat and nutella. I'm gonna have to shat in the floor to get the smell out.

Yeah sometimes I hit the advanced options and it does that. I just hope Long Tom doesn't track me down with his 48" shaft haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back