The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This way we can keep some of the conversations on topic and this thread is here for everyone to talk away and not worry about topic or anything else.

Smooth move Julie, you got us in trouble.:doh:

:act-up::act-up::act-up::act-up::act-up:

And she's not even on right how.

Besides, I thought the entire point was to hijack threads? It's always been my specialty!

• Admin
We are not power trip people, but as we get bigger, I like that we have a banter thread.

Yeah whatever, it's all Llulie's fault!:party::party::clapp::twist:

Yeah what he said. It's always the little sister screwing stuff up for everyone. :tongue:

And btw, the MCRIB is back! woohooooo

Enlighten me, please? :confused2:

I believe he's talking about the Rib sandwich at Mcdonald's. I've never had one but I've heard they are addicting just like the Krusty Burgers on The Simpson's.

The Simpsons (years ago when I watched it) had an episode where homer got addicted to the ribwich (i think) and followed them on tour like the Grateful Dead

I believe he's talking about the Rib sandwich at Mcdonald's. I've never had one but I've heard they are addicting just like the Krusty Burgers on The Simpson's.

Dude, those things are FOUL

The Simpsons (years ago when I watched it) had an episode where homer got addicted to the ribwich (i think) and followed them on tour like the Grateful Dead

Yep that's what I was talking about. Then they found out there was something in the meat and they got banned and he freaked out.

Yep that's what I was talking about. Then they found out there was something in the meat and they got banned and he freaked out.

There was nothing in the meat.
Definitely not any nutrients!

But they is yummy for me!

Okay--I guess??

My televised junk food viewing is more along the lines of the Krusty Krab, not Krusty Burgers.

There was nothing in the meat.
Definitely not any nutrients!

But they is yummy for me!

I'm talking about in The Simpson's episode there was something in the meat. Not the McD's.

The McRib is a thing of beauty. They made a clump of meat look like a rib, what more to say. I eat one every few years when they bring them back for nostalgia.

I remember the original... it came out with The Flinstones movie

I was like 11 years old

I remember the original... it came out with The Flinstones movie

I was like 11 years old

This is beating a dead thread, but are you talking about the 1994 movie? Dude, these things came out in 1981! Great light night munchie food!

This thread never took off like JB wanted it to - - - I say we start bantering a little. Come on Claire, I know you got it in ya!

Thanks, Smallville--still digging out after half a week out of the office. I need some material here. Right now the only thing making me nuts is the supposed loophole in taking Social Security benefits at 62 and paying them back at 70. A gimmick in search of a client. You don't really want to hear that one, do you?

It seems like the people who can afford to pay back all that they got out before age 70 (to basically reset their start date and begin receiving higher monthly payments) would be people who don't really need their social security yet anyway. For example, on of my company's Vice President is getting about $2,000 a month in Social Security (he is, I believe, 67), and he makes over $200,000 a year from the company. The people who are living off their Social Security probably won't have the money to pay back.

I know my parents borrowed out of their IRA.

Ugh, makes my head hurt. And my McRibs.

Yes, if they aren't relying completely on Social, more people could pay it back. You'd have to see a table as to where it actually makes sense to do it (how long do you have to live before it ends up making you more than if you did nothing).

And for the most part, if you're playing that game and don't need the money to live on, you're bringing at least part of your Social Security payments into AGI. So in addition to the payments being taxable, you're potentially affecting itemized deductions that play off of AGI, the itemized deduction haircut, and the cutback on exemptions. That's a big hurdle to overcome.

This all also assumes you make money investing those Social Security payments. Probably not the case over the past six years or so.

I can't see this having broad application.

Let me hijack my own thread. A friend and I disagree on this one. At the end of the movie/play, Same Time Next Year, it turns out that the fellow's wife knew about the affair all along. Did the woman's husband know? I don't think so, but wiki-google isn't detailed enough, and I'm not sure I need to sit through it again (even though I love the corniness of the theme song).

I want to know if I start my own business can I buy all new golf clubs and write them off as a business expense? Or am I only limited to writing off the rounds of golf I play with the "clients"? They would kind of be like a company car right? :banana:

Sorry just a random thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back