The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. Much rather.

Not me Dent. 5 and a half hours standing in the heat and waiting 10 minutes between shots is one of my least favorite things.

Not me Dent. 5 and a half hours standing in the heat and waiting 10 minutes between shots is one of my least favorite things.

Ah, I forgot to add in the temperature factor. 10 minutes between shots is ridiculous. Really takes you out of the moment.

You get used to 5 and a half hour rounds after a while. You dont usually get the slow golfers in the morning. Dont you guys always play early?

8:30 is about the latest I play.

I don't mind playing early in the day during the summer, when it's going to really heat up throughout the day, but prefer afternoons in the spring and early fall. But once it starts getting dark early, you really don't want to get started after 12:00.

I find 2:30 - 2:45 is the best time for me to play right now, and it doesn't get scorching hot here yet,

we are forecasted for snow on Friday.

Went to KC Discount Golf at lunch to see if they had any used 4DX Hybrids (5 & 6) but they aren't old enough for people to have traded them in yet I guess. They had them but they were all new and $150 and I didn't want to do that just yet! Besides, I probably ought to give the 5- and 6-irons a fair shot before they get replaced, especially since I haven't even used them on the course yet! Probably by the end of the summer the used Hybrids will be available and I can make a decision then.

I've looked there too. There's just something about being able to see it and walk out with it the same day. Though for $80 I may have Jacqui buy me that 5H for my birthday! hehehe

Have you ever had a meeting with a manager from another department and be so excited about the meeting that when you walk away from it you are depressed? I had one of those today. I have worked for my company for going on 8 years. There is a position I am interested in so last week I asked the manager for a little more information on the position. Their response was get with my assistant and we'll talk. So I had a meeting this afternoon with them. I was so excited for the meeting. Now that the meeting is over and I've had time to sit and think about it, I'm pretty depressed. It wasn't what I was hoping it would be. I guess I'm a little depressed because I was hoping for a job offer or at least a mention of a possible job offer in the future. Oh well I'll keep pushing papers in my current job.

Have you ever had a meeting with a manager from another department and be so excited about the meeting that when you walk away from it you are depressed? I had one of those today. I have worked for my company for going on 8 years. There is a position I am interested in so last week I asked the manager for a little more information on the position. Their response was get with my assistant and we'll talk. So I had a meeting this afternoon with them. I was so excited for the meeting. Now that the meeting is over and I've had time to sit and think about it, I'm pretty depressed. It wasn't what I was hoping it would be. I guess I'm a little depressed because I was hoping for a job offer or at least a mention of a possible job offer in the future. Oh well I'll keep pushing papers in my current job.

I don't understand, so you mean the job you wanted.. you don't want it?

I don't understand, so you mean the job you wanted.. you don't want it?

No the meeting wasn't what I had hoped. I still want the job (if it were ever offered). I'm just a little depressed about the meeting.

No the meeting wasn't what I had hoped. I still want the job (if it were ever offered). I'm just a little depressed about the meeting.

Oh that's weird. I'm guessing you had the perfect meeting scenario in your head and it was nothing like that?

Oh that's weird. I'm guessing you had the perfect meeting scenario in your head and it was nothing like that?

Pretty much. Oh well. It could be worse. I could be out of a job and depressed about an interview I went to. I guess there's always an up side.

Pretty much. Oh well. It could be worse. I could be out of a job and depressed about an interview I went to. I guess there's always an up side.

yeah be happy you still have a job. I got laid off and now my gig is posting on here. decent hours, short commute...but the pay sucks.

yeah be happy you still have a job. I got laid off and now my gig is posting on here. decent hours, short commute...but the pay sucks.

Sorry to hear that. Atleast you like all the people you work with. :wink:

But with only 600 posts, you're clearly not working very hard!

Roadrunners are really cool birds.
(They just showed one carrying a lizard during the Texas Open.)

Roadrunner-35.jpg

rr-warner.gif

Beep-beep!

Why is it that ambient warm air, propelled through spinning blades (i.e., a fan) = cooler feeling air?

Wind chill?

Because the warm air rises after being pushed through the angled blades. Or they have little elves holding ice cubes behind the fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back