The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You and my wife are the only two people I ever met who like PB and Fluff sandwiches!!!

add me to the list too, C-Tech. PB/Fluff/bananas are a great sandwich!!

Fluff is disgustipating

Never had fluff; we would just toast our bread, put peanut butter on both pieces and a bunch of the small marshmallows between. Showed that to my wife and she rolled her eyes. (She rolls her eyes at a lot of stuff I do!)

Grilled peanut butter sandwiches are fabulous!

What is it about the way she says "yeah"?

[YOUTUBE]5lt-_gxu95U[/YOUTUBE]

"Are you OK?" He he.

Banana with curry powder on pizza??!! :sick:

Boo reports that if you microwave the marshmallow bits from Lucky Charms, they expand and get really soft.

Banana with curry powder on pizza??!! :sick:

Boo reports that if you microwave the marshmallow bits from Lucky Charms, they expand and get really soft.

I guess you never let your children experiment with Peeps and a microwave at Easter time.

I guess you never let your children experiment with Peeps and a microwave at Easter time.

Peeps are nasty; I don't buy The Easter Bunny doesn't bring them.

Peeps are nasty; I don't buy The Easter Bunny doesn't bring them.

They may be gross but they are fun to play with in the microwave, ecspecially if it's someone else's microwave. :smile:

I have a supervisor who is deathly afraid of them, for unknown reasons. One year we put them all over her desk and office, and a package in her desk drawer for luck. She almost had a heart attack. This year I taped the Wash Post's Peep Diorama contest results on her door. She scoured the office and started cross-examining staff to find the culprit. Our admin manager ultimately outed me. Not cool.

Samples:

Miracle on the Hudson
PeepsDioramas.jpg

Crowded Metro (Very Accurate)
peep_diorama.png

There's An H in There! Octuplet Mom.
mid_639-0D5E8288B28B46E9AB9C07B55C06F201.jpg

Claire - I microwave M&M's or Smarties if someone is traveling to Europe and is kind enough to buy them for me. The inside melts. Yum!

That's hysterical, WSE--I'd heard about that. Does the Post still do those silly weekly contests?

But good heavens--if you weren't the obvious choice for the culprit, that must be some group of folks with whom you work!

Inexplicable, don't you think?

I work with some odd ducks. I am likely the most harmless of the bunch.

I was watching the RBC Canadian Open last night (what there was of it) and there was an Orbitz commercial on. Note the logo on the light blue polo:

[YOUTUBE]2uitu0CLyIA[/YOUTUBE]

I had seen that logo before on some bumper stickers and always wondered what it was, so I Googled.

hrc.gif

Wikipedia:

The Human Rights Campaign (HRC) is the largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) lobbying group and political action committee in the United States, claiming over 725,000 members and supporters, though this membership count is disputed. The HRC mission statement is "HRC envisions an America where gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people are ensured equality and embraced as full members of the American family at home, at work and in every community."
I found it interesting that the logo was featured so prominently in a commercial advertisement. I wonder if Orbitz intentionally included it, or if the actor or someone on the production crew slipped it in?

EDIT: Well, apparently I'm not the first to notice:
Orbitz creates buzz with 'gay golfer' commercial

someone is afraid of Peeps?? Are you serious? I have heard of weird phobias before, but peeps?

My wife is afraid of clowns and Joel Grey... Joel Grey???? Strange!

The folks shooting the Orbitz commercial couldn't have known that's what the logo symbolizes. The ad looks to be high def, though.

After Harry posted that - I googled and Orbitz reached out to the HRC to get their permission to use their logo in the commercial. The gay and lesbian travel market is a huge segment - Orbitz isn't stupid.

The folks shooting the Orbitz commercial couldn't have known that's what the logo symbolizes. The ad looks to be high def, though.

It was intentional. Read the article I linked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back