The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
so been walking around the pat few months with a broken phone, screen busted towards the bottom when I dropped it

happened to look at my verizon bill, appears they had signed me up for the extended warranty.....whoops

Extended warranty or insurance? Hate to be the bear of bad news but extended warranty won't cover physical damage...

Did they tell you he would be there between 9 AM and Friday?

He said before noon, I'm leaving at 1 for my tee time. If I'm not here he'll have to come back some other time.

I'm a real internet tough guy.

Sorry, for interjecting some golf conversation, does anyone know where I can find a Matrix "White Tie" shaft?

My New Year's Resolution this year was to read something worthwhile everyday. At times it's been a bit of a bear but some stories just draw you in. This one from More Intelligent Life did just that, it's a story from a man who grew up in an asylum, Broadmoor, outside of London. It's a lengthy piece but kinda cool to me.

http://moreintelligentlife.com/content/ideas/a-boys-own-broadmoor?page=full

He said before noon, I'm leaving at 1 for my tee time. If I'm not here he'll have to come back some other time.

I'm a real internet tough guy.

im intimidated just reading this

They made it, and I passed, except for the lack of CO detector. Installer should send one over soon.

This guy makes me feel inferior

beautiful-moments-g4.gif

Wow. That's ridic! I wonder how sober he was hahaha

So, our pug got into a desert that had xylitol in it, the wife now has him at the vet to get his stomach pumped. Going to cost an arm and a leg, but, I don't want my dog to die.

Add to that a local school had a child shoot them self in the hallway after the bell rang between classes. What a terrible start to the day.

This is banter and rant in one.

So, our pug got into a desert that had xylitol in it, the wife now has him at the vet to get his stomach pumped. Going to cost an arm and a leg, but, I don't want my dog to die.

Add to that a local school had a child shoot them self in the hallway after the bell rang between classes. What a terrible start to the day.

Man, that is awful, on both accounts.. I hope everything with the Pup goes well.

Terrible dude. Best wishes to the doggie and thoughts and prayers to the family of the kid that shot them self.

Man, that is awful, on both accounts.. I hope everything with the Pup goes well.

Terrible dude. Best wishes to the doggie and thoughts and prayers to the family of the kid that shot them self.

Apparently because it was in a cooking mix and not liquid based the amount he had should be OK so the vet isn't going to pump his stomach now but we are to keep an eye on him for 24 hours as his sugar levels may drop. We tried the peroxide trick with him and he never threw up, little dude has an iron stomach. I'm just relieved, he and the cocker are the only kids I've got right now!

The shooting is just sad, it scares the hell out of me as a teacher too. At least he wasn't an active shooter, but I still couldn't fathom that situation at my school. So sad.

Apparently because it was in a cooking mix and not liquid based the amount he had should be OK so the vet isn't going to pump his stomach now but we are to keep an eye on him for 24 hours as his sugar levels may drop. We tried the peroxide trick with him and he never threw up, little dude has an iron stomach. I'm just relieved, he and the cocker are the only kids I've got right now!

That's a bit of great news.

The shooting is just sad, it scares the hell out of me as a teacher too. At least he wasn't an active shooter, but I still couldn't fathom that situation at my school. So sad.

I hear you. My wife is a high school teacher and it freaks me out every time I hear these stories.. She's in a great district, but these things seem to be extremely random. This..freaking..world..

Good to hear on the dog front. As for the shooting, it is a sad state of affairs we live in where things like this keep happening. I am so terrified for my daughter when she grows up. I just want her to stay little forever.

That's a bit of great news.
I hear you. My wife is a high school teacher and it freaks me out every time I hear these stories.. She's in a great district, but these things seem to be extremely random. This..freaking..world..

Good to hear on the dog front. As for the shooting, it is a sad state of affairs we live in where things like this keep happening. I am so terrified for my daughter when she grows up. I just want her to stay little forever.

We HAD to have active shooter training this year and the instructor was an eye opener. Lots of details about the shootings that many don't know or read about and it really make you as a teacher think. Its one of those things I hate to think about ever happening, but I know by having some semblance of a plan then should it ever happen myself and my kids will be better off for it. Just so scary still though.

This is the reason I don't want a cat, look how crafty it is...
daily_gifdump_225_11.gif

yeah dude, our cat is a crafty character, if she likes something, she'll hide it under the couch for ages and then pull it out later when we forget about it. We used to have a fish that she would get in trouble for messing around with, and one day the fish food went missing and then all of a sudden she knocked everything over and the fish died, I like to think that she hid the food too starve the fish to death or something she's such a dork

Plus you better get all of your clothes and stuff out of the paper bags because she thinks they are for her]
8027169024_c10a833887.jpg

Sorry to hear that Jman, rough day man. Hope everything is alright.

We HAD to have active shooter training this year and the instructor was an eye opener. Lots of details about the shootings that many don't know or read about and it really make you as a teacher think. Its one of those things I hate to think about ever happening, but I know by having some semblance of a plan then should it ever happen myself and my kids will be better off for it. Just so scary still though.

that's a pretty scary having to train, It's hard to imagine how many kids you encounter everyday that have been close to that point, one of the kids my brother knew in highschool was luckily arrested for something else before it ever came to that, he was a violent kid and I heard this last year he stabbed a prison guard, it's awful. Maybe your district should invest in metal detectors or something

Getting a cold. Anybody have any advice on how to nip it in the bud?

posting from my S3 so please excuse my spelling mistakles.

buy some vitamin c tablets, drink lots of orange juice, maybe gargle salt water if your throat is sore, buy some Nyquil and Dayquil

My colds only last a total of 3 days now-one

day 1 sore throat
day 2 runny nose
day3 stuffy head

and done

I started getting one on Monday, as the wife and little ones are sick. I started my regimen of Alka Seltzer Cold/Flu tablets every 4 hours mid-morning on Monday and I feel perfectly fine right now. Still taking it 3 times per day just in case though. Also have been taking some Zicam in the mornings and at night as well.

whisky.

I actually use EmergeC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back