The Official Banter Away thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you watched any of his old standup? He was hilarious.

Love this one. The Romo joke in the middle is quick.

I never understood why people thought Tosh was funny. I can't recall him ever saying anything that made me laugh even a little bit. He shows funny videos from the Internet and talks about them. I can do that too.

I very seriously doubt you could talk about videos in any way similar to him

Yeah, I'm in the enjoying Tosh camp. Especially his standup. Now Cook...yeah, can't stand him.

Love this one. The Romo joke in the middle is quick.

Quick as in his writers probably made the joke for him. Apparently he's also pretty good at stealing jokes from reddit, as well.

I love buzzfeed.

enhanced-buzz-303-1372694940-27.jpg

enhanced-buzz-500-1372695064-15.jpg

enhanced-buzz-32727-1372695392-7.jpg

At least I now know that I wouldn't have been able to vote in Louisiana.

Lol@ chanting hill people

Quick as in his writers probably made the joke for him. Apparently he's also pretty good at stealing jokes from reddit, as well.

Welcome to every standup comedian.

I'm in the Tosh is great camp. I know his jokes are stolen from reddit on the show. However, his standup is great and the Web Redemption's are awesome.

I dare anyone to look up Daniel Tosh and his Cold Stone joke and not laugh. Gold.

Member asks for unusual request, and me and one of my staff comes through.

Once it's completed, we are met with

"That's great, you didn't have to do that for us!"

Yes we do. Wtf?

I love the Tosh. By the way, what's a flop?

I love the Tosh. By the way, what's a flop?

Hmm... Taking a dive to overplay minor contact in order to draw a foul call from the ref.

Contemplating a 636am tee time tomorrow...hmm

Do it for me.

I went and read the R9 irons/Amazon thread from 2010.

It was awesome.

Thats like this one for me War......

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...lf-or-Marraige&p=769292&viewfull=1#post769292
I’ve been a member of the THP for a couple of years now, but re-registered for this special post for reasons of anonymity and paranoia.

First of all, my wife is a wonderful woman. She’s been a terrific mother to our two children – now grown- and has been a great life’s partner. This is not a “my wife’s an unreasonable b*&^h post.” She's not. We've been married for over 25years, and have had very few arguments.

A couple of nights ago we had the latest in an ongoing series of “you love golf more than me” discussions. This one, though, was the most serious. She asked me if I still wanted to be married. She said that she has considered moving out and getting an apartment in our old hometown.

Frankly, she’s got a point. Though I would not say that I love golf more than her, the fact is that I pretty much would rather spend my free time playing golf than doing things with her. We usually have one date night a week where we’ll do the dinner and a movie deal, and my weekend play generally consists of an early a.m. round, but she’s right when she says that most of my time off from work is spent on the golf course. Typically we’ll have dinner together, and then I’ll go out to the course. It’s more of an issue during the summer with the longer days.

We used to live on a golf course, so it actually was a little bit worse, but at that time we lived some place else where she had friends in the neighborhood. A couple of years ago we moved to a different city, and it would be safe to say that mentally she still hasn’t quite made the move. She still goes back “home” a couple times a month for doctors’ appointments and to spend time with her friends. She doesn’t work outside the home, so as she sees it, she spends most of the day at home alone, and at least during the summer, most of the nights as well.

She’s got a point. A good one, actually. She’s more right than wrong. But the fact is that I really don’t want to change my lifestyle. I probably will, but I know I’ll resent it. I will not be happy being a recreational 2-3 times a week player. What I enjoy about playing golf is trying to do it to the best of my ability. I don’t enjoy playing golf; I enjoy playing it well. I know that if I cut down on how much I play, I also will not play it as well, and if that’s the case, I’d just as soon not play at all. My current GHIN handicap is a 0.3, and I know I wouldn’t be happy just hacking the ball around.

This is not a she’s wrong and I’m right deal. If anything, it’s probably the other way around. She didn’t give me an ultimatum – not in so many words anyway – but I know that we can’t go on like this.

Thoughts?

Mike.

Do it.

630am, do it, course to yourself!

We are wise. I love early tee times. Heck 6 to 630 for me is prime time.
Agreed. The course where I play league, their earliest is 7am, but I get there around 6:30 and they just send me on my way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back