The Official Banter Away thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
2014 goal... Find a way to post about golf related things while deployed in the 'Stan. Shouldn't be too hard right. I have this crazy feeling I won't be making any events though.

Take a wedge with you. Think how good your sand game will be when you get back.

That's quite the change of pace for you! I love classic cars. I will own a 66/67 Chevelle some day. I'd settle for a Nova but I want a Chevelle in a bad way.

My old man was restoring a 66 SS Chevelle until someone decided they wanted it more. Stolen out of the driveway while he was hunting over Thanksgiving weekend.

Point is, these are beautiful cars. I want a 69 Camaro but who doesnt? Would really like to get an old F100 or even older pickup. Seem to see less of those around here and would like to stand out.

/end pipe dream

That's quite the change of pace for you! I love classic cars. I will own a 66/67 Chevelle some day. I'd settle for a Nova but I want a Chevelle in a bad way.

Definitely is. I went from Range Rover to Volvo to Infiniti (Mix in RV, Sprinter & Smart Car). While some love those big muscle cars, Im definitely looking small. Not a Camaro or Mustang or really any muscle car kind of guy. I know some love them though. Im looking small.

Definitely is. I went from Range Rover to Volvo to Infiniti (Mix in RV, Sprinter & Smart Car). While some love those big muscle cars, Im definitely looking small. Not a Camaro or Mustang or really any muscle car kind of guy. I know some love them though. Im looking small.

Keep the golf theme going. Get yourself a custom cart painted THP style. That's small.

JB, go big and get one of these:
_JL34934.jpg

You buying?

Albatross Club membership for life and it's a deal. :alien:

I dont mix business and personal expenses, but lets do some math.
$30 x lets be generous and say 80 years.

Yeah, sounds like a pretty good deal for me.

That's all kinds of generous, haha.

I think that little baby goes for like 1.5 million. A guy can dream though...
I dont mix business and personal expenses, but lets do some math.
$30 x lets be generous and say 80 years.

Yeah, sounds like a pretty good deal for me.

My old man was restoring a 66 SS Chevelle until someone decided they wanted it more. Stolen out of the driveway while he was hunting over Thanksgiving weekend.

Point is, these are beautiful cars. I want a 69 Camaro but who doesnt? Would really like to get an old F100 or even older pickup. Seem to see less of those around here and would like to stand out.

/end pipe dream

Ahh.. The 68 camaro. Add me to the list

Give me a 68 Mustang s-code fastback. Pursuit green. New suspension, newer 17" factory Bullitt wheels. Yep. That's what I want.

first post with the new chromebook!

Any banter?

I have convinced GG that I will give up my wish for the boat in exchange for a certain car I want. Now before I go on, I should say I am not a car guy. Never really cared as long as it gets us from point a to point b. I like some features but would be fine driving the Tour Van around town if need be. We have a nice family car for her and that is all that I care about.

But I want a classic car. Not a fixer upper, but one that is ready to roll and has some new tech features I like. Counts Kustoms show from Vegas does this work once in a while. Takes a classic car and adds new age stuff for people that want it. Some models that I look up frequently are the 61 Mercedes 190. They are built to run forever and are gorgeous. Another is the 24 Dodge Touring. Very different from the 61, but I just love it.

Something unique, that is quite old that I can have forever. Some day the pipe dream will happen.

Screw the car...Dont give up on the boat!

My pop still has his 69' Chevelle stashed behind his house. It's in rough shape now, but one day, I plan to do that thing up right. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.

This sweet ride pulled in to the course today. A little old lady hopped out and asked me where the proshop, the bar, and the first tee is.
hyma9eju.jpg

Ahh.. The 68 camaro. Add me to the list

Just a few on my classic car list...

68 Camaro
69 GTO
3 window chop top
1957 Chevy Pickup

We were at a car show over the weekend and I became enamored with a 1962 Studebaker Avanti. It was absolutely beautiful and kitschy in an Austin Powers kind of way. I came home and Googled it and 1963s only come up and they somehow don't look quite as good.

Last edited:
I vote for the boat.

And a house on Waterlefe...

Screw the car...Dont give up on the boat!

The boat was a done deal. Think about it. The 441s, the Beagles and us all cruising out there and with the Tri-Toon, enough room for like 14 people. Then someone had to go and ruin it. :D

I vote for the boat.

And a house on Waterlefe...

Love Waterlefe, but its a tad bit too far from the UP area that we love.

Guess what day it is. Guess. What. Day. It. Is.

HUMP DAYYYYYYY!

The boat was a done deal. Think about it. The 441s, the Beagles and us all cruising out there and with the Tri-Toon, enough room for like 14 people. Then someone had to go and ruin it. :D

Love Waterlefe, but its a tad bit too far from the UP area that we love.

Some of those ones u were showing us before were definitely awesome too

Some of those ones u were showing us before were definitely awesome too

That was them. GRex even found the beach house. It was a cool 4 million.

That is one hell of beach house for a cool 4bills, sheesh...is go boat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back