The Official Banter Away Thread

I get one round a year at the lake on vacation. Usually my most anticipated round of the year.

2 days packing the van, 4 hours unpacking and setting up the trailer.

No golf this year. I find this out after we are all setup. Partner set everything up for his wife to camp all week, and then went home. I am here until Thursday now as a chauffeur, chef, cleaner, and child care. Little to no internet access to boot.

Unless I am paying $100 to play as a single, it will be driving range all week for me.

Not a happy camper currently.

Kitchen and common area project starts today. Exciting! Demo begins in approximately 90 minutes. Not so exciting.

Spent most of yesterday turning our living room into a combo living room, kitchen, dining room. Trying to figure out where I’m going to work in the house. Hopefully it’s a quick month.

Taking a couple HS kids to their first fitting experiences today. Should be fun, will be more fun if I can perhaps get the private course it’s at to let my kiddos experience the course itself afterwards, but, we shall see!

Taking a couple HS kids to their first fitting experiences today. Should be fun, will be more fun if I can perhaps get the private course it’s at to let my kiddos experience the course itself afterwards, but, we shall see!
Start glad-handing the members that are out there...

Finally back in the office after 2 weeks out. Actually feels good to be back

Good morning THP!! How are we doing this morning?? Hope you all have a great start of the week. You are all awesome!!

Start glad-handing the members that are out there...
The club let us on for free. Was wide open on one of the courses. We had a lot of fun!

Everyone should buy and eat these.

1660001647374.png

Good evening THP!!! Hope everyone has had a great Monday so far and that you are all doing well!

The club let us on for free. Was wide open on one of the courses. We had a lot of fun!

Nice job Coach. And, congrats on you accomplishments and awards from your coaching peers this season, that is really great.

Good evening THP!!! Hope everyone has had a great Monday so far and that you are all doing well!
I'm a couple beers deep trying to forget the transgressions of today. That counts right?

But seriously, how was your day?

I'm a couple beers deep trying to forget the transgressions of today. That counts right?

But seriously, how was your day?
hahaha....what did you do????? :LOL:

I'm doing good my friend. really happy to be eating normal food again. Work is busy, but good. Lots to learn and do. Thanks for asking!

@Davidhibler see what could have happened if I hadn’t been there to put the cart back where it belonged?!

hahaha....what did you do????? :LOL:

I'm doing good my friend. really happy to be eating normal food again. Work is busy, but good. Lots to learn and do. Thanks for asking!
It wasn't what I did, but what others didn't do. I won't bore you with the details, but let's just say you should always turn off a server before unplugging it :oops:

Yep!
I get one round a year at the lake on vacation. Usually my most anticipated round of the year.

2 days packing the van, 4 hours unpacking and setting up the trailer.

No golf this year. I find this out after we are all setup. Partner set everything up for his wife to camp all week, and then went home. I am here until Thursday now as a chauffeur, chef, cleaner, and child care. Little to no internet access to boot.

Unless I am paying $100 to play as a single, it will be driving range all week for me.

Not a happy camper currently.

Why did your partner leave? Is everything OK between him and the wife? Especially if he didn't call you and tell you that he was cancelling out! I can't blame you! I'd be pissed too!

Good Morning, @checkered!

It's going well, so far. But the day is young. Plenty of time for things to go horribly wrong. :ROFLMAO:

Nothing like a positive outlook!

Good for you! Way to provide an experience for your kids. I've managed to provide some experiences for my golf buddies, and they have responded in kind. Just last year we were able to play a private, Donald Ross designed course, celebrating its 100th anniversary, because my buddy's Son is their FedEx driver. And he takes care of them, and has the gift of gab to boot. He arranged for us to play for cart fees only!

It's not a long track, but the elevation changes are incredible! It's a track where a lot of local knowledge is a good thing!

Back