The Official Banter Away Thread

I’m going bowling tonight. I love bowling. I’d really like to become a regular at a bowling alley so I can walk in and head to the bar and they already know what beer I would like with my bowling. We all have different goals in life.
It was always a special feeling when you could walk into a bar and just sit down at a table and what you wanted would show up, or if you were making the rounds, your drink was waiting for you at the bar. There were actually two places that happened. Or that confused look when you asked for something different. These weren't bowling alleys, they were just bars. I don't really drink anymore.

There a little tavern/restaurant just down the road from my house that serves breakfast on Saturday's starting at 11AM. I know, I know, it's really brunch, but 11AM is when they open. They make something called Jamie's Breakfast, which is a big stir fry of potatoes, your choice of sausage, bacon, or ham, peppers, onions, mushrooms, cheese, and whatever the cook might decide to throw in. One of those breakfasts is really two. So I will call in and order two of them to go. That's like getting four hearty breakfasts for fifteen bucks! You can't do that at McDonald's! Whoever the barmaid that is working that day recognizes me now, and immediately goes to the kitchen to retrieve my order.

Occasionally, I will stop in without having placed a carry out order. The barmaid used to look confused, but no longer does so. She now knows that I am there to order their biscuits and sausage gravy w/home fries meal, with a couple of Jamie's Breakfasts to go! They make some awesome breakfasts!

There a little tavern/restaurant just down the road from my house that serves breakfast on Saturday's starting at 11AM. I know, I know, it's really brunch, but 11AM is when they open. They make something called Jamie's Breakfast, which is a big stir fry of potatoes, your choice of sausage, bacon, or ham, peppers, onions, mushrooms, cheese, and whatever the cook might decide to throw in. One of those breakfasts is really two. So I will call in and order two of them to go. That's like getting four hearty breakfasts for fifteen bucks! You can't do that at McDonald's! Whoever the barmaid that is working that day recognizes me now, and immediately goes to the kitchen to retrieve my order.

Occasionally, I will stop in without having placed a carry out order. The barmaid used to look confused, but no longer does so. She now knows that I am there to order their biscuits and sausage gravy w/home fries meal, with a couple of Jamie's Breakfasts to go! They make some awesome breakfasts!
It's tough to beat good breakfast joints.

Way to early even for me for an alarm ✈

B33E6A88-B633-4A38-90A4-C4CCE2433397.jpeg
All these tees and they’re the same height… for a driver with a 4” tall face.

Good morning THP!!! Happy Friday! Hope you all have a great day!

This is amazing 😂

Bisquick w/ two eggs and buttermilk whisked w/ a tablespoon extra of baking soda.

Oh, and REAL maple syrup.........

Dailey's smoked thick slice bacon.

Hungry yet?

Why does my dog back at every freakin thing! OMG ... right in the middle of a conference call that I am speaking in. How embarrassing ... with over 100+ people listening :banghead::banghead:

So I am giving my 2 weeks today. Is it okay to do it via email? I am completely remote so I can not do it in person.

Finally a beautiful day to golf. This is the first day I’ve played this year in spectacular weather!
E9124BFD-6C21-4A4C-8DB5-010D9B964768.jpeg

So I am giving my 2 weeks today. Is it okay to do it via email? I am completely remote so I can not do it in person.
In this day and age, I say yes. especially if you're fully remote. You can always attach a word doc in case they want to print and file it, but most HR should be keeping digital records as it is by now (at least I sure hope so).

In this day and age, I say yes. especially if you're fully remote. You can always attach a word doc in case they want to print and file it, but most HR should be keeping digital records as it is by now (at least I sure hope so).
Nah I called her she understood. She is super chill and cool.

I hear that a crayon sketch on a napkin is acceptable these days......

I am over work this week, big time.

Skipping out early to play golf this afternoon. I've earned it.
You.......

You.......

You.......

**** it, I can't do it. I'm just jealous :rolleyes:

It is wild to me how memories can just attack you (good and/or bad).

The little things that would feel relatively meaningless at the time from an experience standpoint that just absolutely burn their mark into your mental history.

Back