The Official Banter Away Thread

Hoping to have power back by the weekend at our Florida condo that got hit by Ian last week. My wife’s mom lives full time in Naples and is also still without power. She just found out the elevators in her building will be out 2-3 months waiting for parts. With a 6th floor unit, she’ll get in some good rehab steps for her new knee that was replaced 8 weeks ago.:)

Last edited:
Sorry to read this!
Unfortunately for me, I'm still looking for a swing to lose.
Haha, eh, hopefully it’s a short mourning period!!

I was playing a round of golf recently with a random guy and his wife tagged along to watch him golf for the first time. She was asking some questions that really made me realize how stupid this darn game of golf is.

-How do you know where to hit it?
-How do you see the ball?
-Where is the hole?!?!
-How do you know what club to hit?

The guy asked his wife to grab his putter since she pulled the cart up to the green. He said it was the one with the oddly shaped headcover. She grabbed all woods and the putter just in case.

Seeing the perspective of this game from someone completely unfamiliar with golf was hilarious to me.
All totally rational questions to ask.

Classic:
89475F8D-F97F-4F05-BB18-2ADB2F28E407.jpeg

All totally rational questions to ask.

Completely agreed! I didn't really know how to answer them other than "that's just the way it is".

I have no idea how people worked at home with more than 2 people at home. I am at my parents house now and have to hide in a closet to take a phone call. My parents also have the TV on loud with CC on. Ugh.

Sorry to read this!
Unfortunately for me, I'm still looking for a swing to lose.
I always assume that when those that can actually play golf day they've lost their swing that it's still significantly better than mine! 😂

I have no idea how people worked at home with more than 2 people at home. I am at my parents house now and have to hide in a closet to take a phone call. My parents also have the TV on loud with CC on. Ugh.
When my son is home from school :oops:

Have you ever had a project where the mere thought of it just makes you tired, so you find everything and anything else to do instead? That's where I am at right now.
Yeah. Had a project to clean up the private equity book at this job and it hasnt been clean in 20 years. I didnt even know where to start. Took me 3 weeks just to organize where each loan/deal was and what needed to be completed. Been 6 months, I am leaving this company :D but its about 90 percent done

Have you ever had a project where the mere thought of it just makes you tired, so you find everything and anything else to do instead? That's where I am at right now.

I just got done with a big 6-7 week video project at work. Yesterday was the final day and it was crunch time because a bunch of the videos that were recorder were messed up. And now that this one is over, another project of similar scope begins, only with a tighter deadline. What makes it even more complicated is that I have vacation planned one week, and my partner in crime on this one is going out for surgery the following week, with mine 2 weeks after that.

National Taco Day.

DBF587F0-1303-40F9-8AF6-615A97950569.jpeg

FB_IMG_1660846359627.jpg

I just made a Meatloaf reference to two of my employees and neither one of them got it and now I feel really old.

Oof. A coworker of mine has seen, like, no movies. Nearly every reference falls flat.

need...rain...

apparently Vancouver Airport received less rainfall over the summer than Las Vegas Airport.

creeks and rivers are flowing at a quarter of normal, some creeks are drying up, massive salmon kills (to add to an already collapsing stock), and there's no rain in the short to mid term forecast around here

Last edited:
need...rain...

apparently Vancouver Airport received less rainfall over the summer than Las Vegas Airport.

creeks and rivers are flowing at a quarter of normal, some creeks are drying up, massive salmon kills (to add to an already collapsing stock), and there's no rain in the short to mid term forecast around here
the state of Florida is on line 2......

I was playing a round of golf recently with a random guy and his wife tagged along to watch him golf for the first time. She was asking some questions that really made me realize how stupid this darn game of golf is.

-How do you know where to hit it?
-How do you see the ball?
-Where is the hole?!?!
-How do you know what club to hit?

The guy asked his wife to grab his putter since she pulled the cart up to the green. He said it was the one with the oddly shaped headcover. She grabbed all woods and the putter just in case.

Seeing the perspective of this game from someone completely unfamiliar with golf was hilarious to me.

It's not that the game is stupid, the wife is uninstructed. I was introduced to the game by going with my Dad and a neighbor, pulling my Dad's cart and keeping score. When I was similarly uninstructed I once congratulated my Dad on "beating" Mr. Ross, since his score was higher! That's when my Dad had to sit me down and explain the nature of golf reality!

I just made a Meatloaf reference to two of my employees and neither one of them got it and now I feel really old.

And their ignorance may not just be musical! Unless their family is sufficiently "ethnic" and "old fashioned", they may have have no idea about the food!

Good morning THP! Happy hump day! I hope you are all well.

Have a great day!

So my original interview last Friday got cancelled for a unknown time in the future but the state came back requesting to interview for another position there at a very high level(higher than the other position.). I think I crushed it in front of a panel of 4. Man if I get it not only will I be out from under the folks that making my life hell but this position would be life changing as far as opportunities and everything that comes with the job(And job security.). I might treat myself to a new Scotty if I get it honestly,

Ummm never seen this before. Is this common or a New Mexico thing?

20221004_184241.jpg

Back