The Official Banter Away Thread

JB;n8904718 said:
There is a woman in the DFW airport working out by running in place for like 30 minutes straight at the gate. That is so freaking bizarre to me.

I mean it is Dallas..... bizarre ;))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JB
This Is actually the first year since going on the apple upgrade program that I may not upgrade. There is so little wow factor in the iPhone 11 over the xS Mac I have now, I’m not sure I want to deal with an upgrade. Pretty underwhelmed

One of those work days. Just booked a flight to Columbia SC for a meeting in October. 3 flights each way, all options equally bad, including either nearly impossibly short or overly long layovers. Seat choices sucked too. And then I had a notification that a report needs to be submitted by the end of the week for one of our research leads. A lot of money depends on that report. Of course he's in Japan. And it's raining, again. Oh well. That's how things roll some days.

I feel like I haven’t been on much lately. Just crazy time with multiple big insurance renewals.

Hope all is well THP!!

Reactions: KEV
PKorf;n8905117 said:
I feel like I haven’t been on much lately. Just crazy time with multiple big insurance renewals.

Hope all is well THP!!

And here I thought you were licking your wounds from Sunday.... like me ;))

Stemmy66;n8905123 said:
And here I thought you were licking your wounds from Sunday.... like me ;))

Hahahaha that’s definitely two results I wasn’t expecting....

PKorf;n8905117 said:

Hope all is well THP!!

Hi Paul!

KEV;n8905156 said:

c8ec1745707efae8810fe675bd53a345.jpg

Stemmy66;n8905187 said:
LOL.... Collier County?

Just to clarify, she was headed to San Diego, or was at least using that gate as her gym. And had an I heart Austin suitcase next to her, but yeah probably headed to FL and just another hipster in love with Vince Young.

I had to take my older niece emergency Homecoming dress shopping and thoroughly embarrassed her by hopping on the children’s mechanical bull ride at the mall (yes it was worth the $1.00).

Then I caught my youngest niece coming down the stairs and jumped out at her as she turned the corner and scared the crap out of her - revenge for when she caught me the other night.

Man it’s a good day.

DucatiGirl;n8905196 said:
I had to take my older niece emergency Homecoming dress shopping and thoroughly embarrassed her by hopping on the children’s mechanical bull ride at the mall (yes it was worth the $1.00).

Then I caught my youngest niece coming down the stairs and jumped out at her as she turned the corner and scared the crap out of her - revenge for when she caught me the other night.

Man it’s a good day.

The best thing about kids might be getting to torture them!

JB;n8905195 said:
Just to clarify, she was headed to San Diego, or was at least using that gate as her gym. And had an I heart Austin suitcase next to her, but yeah probably headed to FL and just another hipster in love with Vince Young.

Definitely from Dallas with the I heart Austin sticker.... next time please ask how much the gym membership costs!

Nate’s peeps!

Holy smokes, we just spent the last hour in our basement thanks to a storm. A tornado went through a couple miles north of us and leveled a few businesses and trees are down all over. I don't think I've ever seen wind like that at our house. That was a bit of a scare we didn't need.

Glad you guys are alright @kev

Was it like a surprise out of nowhere thing or they able to get some warning out? My only knowledge of tornados is watching Twister ????

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

greekelite;n8905409 said:
Glad you guys are alright @kev

Was it like a surprise out of nowhere thing or they able to get some warning out? My only knowledge of tornados is watching Twister ????

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You could see the big storm system coming and the meteorologists could spot some circulation in it so there was some heads up for the potential of a tornado. Our phone storm warnings fortunately went off when the tornado warning went live. The tornado itself popped up really quick though and there wasn't much of a heads up to where it hit.

KEV;n8905376 said:
Holy smokes, we just spent the last hour in our basement thanks to a storm. A tornado went through a couple miles north of us and leveled a few businesses and trees are down all over. I don't think I've ever seen wind like that at our house. That was a bit of a scare we didn't need.

Yikes. Aren't tornados fairly rare for you guys? Regardless, glad to hear all is OK.

mtcowdog;n8905506 said:
Yikes. Aren't tornados fairly rare for you guys? Regardless, glad to hear all is OK.

For the most part they're rare but it happens. It's usually a little more West of us though.

My brother in law, who lives probably 5 miles Northwest of us, just sent me this picture of a house two blocks away from him. This wasn't even from the tornado, just the straight line winds we had.

54e5ad761ee7f8adccadce6ad397e682.jpg

KEV;n8905376 said:

Tornado's are no joke and not much you can do but get to a safe place. Glad all is ok.

WOW thats crazy Kev

Glad you are ok KEV. I'm good but have some friends and family with damage to their house. A fence down at my sisters and her daughter's shed was down the street in pieces. A buddy from work had a tree fall on the back portion of his house.

Back