The Official Banter Away Thread

Nate;n8906819 said:
Have you ever just wanted to stop what you were doing workwise and just take 6 months off to reboot, rethink, retool, reevaluate, revist, reinvent and any other word with re in it? I'm close. I don't know if this is my mid life moment or that I'm still trying to find out what I want to be when I grow up. I need a sabbatical.

Yes. Often. But I want to take 6 months off and then quit. Nearly 30 years is enough but I need a little while longer.

checkered ;n8907081 said:
Been feeling like that a lot lately. I was hoping this last weekend would help more, but while it was fun, i am questioning things even more since then.

Guess I'm at a point in my life where if a career change is going to happen it's got to be around this time. Just have an itch to do something new.

Alez367 ;n8907084 said:
Definitely experiencing it now. Thought I had it squared away before right now I’m just about ready to walk away and get stuff straight in my life.

I can understand that and the path you have walked this year. We only get this one life and I want to make sure I don't look back and wish I did something or tried something that I wanted to do.

radiman ;n8907075 said:
I think I get that thought about twice a week.

This last year for me as well. Getting comfortable isn't always a good thing and I think I need to try uncomfortable soon for something that gets the blood going.

greekelite ;n8907127 said:
Yes and I think it's quite normal, especially depending on your line of work. As a therapist the average length of time until burnout is 8-10 years I think.. I'm on year 9 I think, and it isn't so much the patients that get me (probably more so because I'm low/middle management, semi clinical semi administrative), it's the stupid bureaucracy, idiotic rules and regs, and kind of bad pay compared to others in other fields.. then again I'm sure ALOT of people experience those same things, ie love what they do just not the other crap involved with it

I couldn't done accounting/finance like I originally thought I would do and make at least 50% more, but then again I'd also possibly be working an extra 10-20 hrs a week if my work were similar to my moms and my aunt's who are accountants

Thankfully my company gives us good PTO for those mini mental refreshers.

Hope you can find the spark why you do what you do!

I understand that. Sounds like you have a nice grip on things and understanding of your life and goals. I think the big thing is I've gotten comfortable so the motivation is beginning to lack. But it really does go back to the "what do I want to be when I grow up" statement cause it's never too late to be asking that question. It's a fun game to play as of late.

Parrot ;n8907135 said:
Yes. Often. But I want to take 6 months off and then quit. Nearly 30 years is enough but I need a little while longer.

That is the goal isn't it! I've always said that I hope/wish I had a job/profession where I got to retirement age but didn't want to stop doing what I was doing. Too much to ask?

Nate ;n8907379 said:
That is the goal isn't it! I've always said that I hope/wish I had a job/profession where I got to retirement age but didn't want to stop doing what I was doing. Too much to ask?

I wish law practice was that for me. It hasn't been for a long, long time. I'm kicking myself now for not getting out and staying out long ago. Part of it then was not knowing what I wanted to do. I think a bigger part was the fear of the unknown, economic uncertainty and failure. With only me taking care of my mom, I don't have the freedom to start something new.

J4U;n8907124 said:
Getting another bottle to empty?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Well, something like that.... getting a bottle and making it empty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: J4U
Nate;n8906819 said:
Have you ever just wanted to stop what you were doing workwise and just take 6 months off to reboot, rethink, retool, reevaluate, revist, reinvent and any other word with re in it? I'm close. I don't know if this is my mid life moment or that I'm still trying to find out what I want to be when I grow up. I need a sabbatical.

I’ve been there the last few months. I feel like I have more to contribute than what I’m doing now. I love my line of work, but it’s not fulfilling me or a passion. It’s not even driven by making more money, it’s fulfilling myself with work “that matters”.

Pros and cons are tough bc I have to balance real world crap (montage, bills, etc) and what makes me fulfilled.

A stronger grip has made golf more fun. And also more hilarious when I resort to my old friend, the flip.

Kind of ironic that the man with two tickets to paradise passes away 48 hours before paradise week. RIP Eddie

About to land back home after a few amazing days with Evolve golf. Company that loves this community and is so much fun to be around.

Hole for almost 2 full weeks before her and I head to CA for a content and 2020 meeting trip and PX event. Such a jam packed rest of the year, going to be fun.

JB;n8908076 said:
About to land back home after a few amazing days with Evolve golf. Company that loves this community and is so much fun to be around.

Hole for almost 2 full weeks before her and I head to CA for a content and 2020 meeting trip and PX event. Such a jam packed rest of the year, going to be fun.

Excited for you to get a little time at home, Its been a whirlwind.

66510603731b4bdf2fc49ca5e982a12a.jpg
7f0d3d127963eab477b86b0bcf9b9920.jpg
1b45b2debb6ea9e3130769920519b2c0.jpg

A little camping excursion...

please excuse my oldness, but did I miss if the THP mobile app is up and running? if so where do i find it?. about to go on a long roadtrip and hate to deal with tapatalk if i don't have to.

please excuse my oldness, but did I miss if the THP mobile app is up and running? if so where do i find it?. about to go on a long roadtrip and hate to deal with tapatalk if i don't have to.

Go on your mobile browser and head to the forum. Its awesome and has every feature.

thanks

Do I need to download the pantaya app that pops up in the header

No app required. Mobile browser is very awesome, however tapatalk does work now if you prefer

I’m not sure what that is. Could that be a banner ad?

must be, it is at the top of the page

must be, it is at the top of the page

On the mobile browser this is the top of the screen. You will see the black circle showing where the profile is and where to login. The red circle shows a simple google ad. Not sure the app install you are speaking of. Can you screen shot it?

6260B32C-4B1A-484A-9EBA-678E7E47575E.jpeg

just an ad, it was for a different app when i went back. It looks to be working fine.

Moving is a pain. Haven’t had hardly any time for THPing the last month it seems. Finally about settled into the new place though!

Reactions: KEV
Man this weekend was lame. Spent a day and a half tearing down and then reconfiguring and installing new walk in closet shelving in our master.

My. Wife. Has. To. Many. Clothes .

The new forum is ******* beautiful.

And the fact I can sit here in night mode, like I used to use tapa in dark mode, on my phone and not have the light wake anyone in the house is blissful.

Back