The Official Banter Away Thread

YukonLiving

Captain of Tundra
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
I just do it when I'm home all day, makes it more worth it.. just need to get a fan to blow the hotter air from the stove thru the doorway into the main room.. I tell ya it feels so cozy tho
Do you use an EcoFan? I noticed a big change since getting one. Pushes the heat just that little bit. Best part it’s “set and forget”... it just does it’s thing once the stove is warm enough.

wubears71

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
8.1 GHIN
I should sell this training aid for $12.99. I’d be rich.
C2688706-B3EC-49EE-A14F-EEF42544B167.jpeg

sposey013168

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

greekelite

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Do you use an EcoFan? I noticed a big change since getting one. Pushes the heat just that little bit. Best part it’s “set and forget”... it just does it’s thing once the stove is warm enough.
No but definitely looks like what I'm looking for, otherwise was a fan to be plugged in next to the stove that I'd have to unplug and put away when not in use.. your suggestion is definitely more convenient, thanks!

YukonLiving

Captain of Tundra
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
No but definitely looks like what I'm looking for, otherwise was a fan to be plugged in next to the stove that I'd have to unplug and put away when not in use.. your suggestion is definitely more convenient, thanks!
Right on! Few different sizes and finishes to choose from too.

GoldenBuff

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
In an hour I will head out for a sim session. I will catch up on a league match round and then decide whether I want to spend a little time just working on things or grabbing a club or two to test. I typically have a formal plan for every session. Today I'm in a meh mood.

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
+
If I had known the amount of stress that comes with illness in a house with a child, I'm not sure I would have agreed to have one haha

Glad I do, wouldn't give him up for the world, but holy eff every January-March is my nightmare.

Mad_Brad

aka braddman19
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A week ago I ordered a two-pack of levels (small 9" levels).
Today they arrived, after I had them shipped to store.
Went to pick them up, and they brought out a large square box, weighing 9 lbs, addressed to me.
Opened it up to find 18 of the two-packs.
Store staff then took it upon themselves to only give me one, and then "ask a manager" about the rest.

Mental note. Next time ship to home. I don't quite know what I would have done with 36 levels.

sposey013168

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I can’t lie I am enjoying the XFL. This Dallas LA game has been fun to watch.

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

Golf Ghost

Major Champion (x4)
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 12.3
If I had known the amount of stress that comes with illness in a house with a child, I'm not sure I would have agreed to have one haha

Glad I do, wouldn't give him up for the world, but holy eff every January-March is my nightmare.
Dude, I can't imagine when it's actually something serious. Little guy had a cold this week and found myself barely sleeping.

ApexFan

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

SquirrelyDave

Allegedly....
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 22.7
Long but productive day. Finished a serious yoga class (I did not cry no matter what my wife says), grocery shopping, 9 holes and cooked tomorrow nights dinner and tonight’s dinner. I’m gonna sit for a while and catch up now.

93civiccpe

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

My wife swears by elderberry syrup as a natural defense against colds and now makes it herself. Could be a coincidence but my 3 kids have not been sick much since they started taking it.

sposey013168

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Ate puréed hamburger helper lasagna flavor and it was amazing

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
+
My wife swears by elderberry syrup as a natural defense against colds and now makes it herself. Could be a coincidence but my 3 kids have not been sick much since they started taking it.
It sounds like something made by the Elven people... and they are crafty, so I totally buy it.

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
+
Dude, I can't imagine when it's actually something serious. Little guy had a cold this week and found myself barely sleeping.
We've had numerous trips to the ER and or Urgent Care already in the four years Cal has been hanging out with us.

I joked earlier that it gets easier, and then it happened again and it definitely wasn't easier haha - As someone who suffers from situational anxiety/uneasiness, it's an internal roller coaster.

KEV

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

I feel for you Dan. My son has been a sickly little guy ever since he was born. He's finally over influenza which really flared up his croup. It was a terrible week dealing with that.

SquirrelyDave

Allegedly....
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 22.7
We've had numerous trips to the ER and or Urgent Care already in the four years Cal has been hanging out with us.

I joked earlier that it gets easier, and then it happened again and it definitely wasn't easier haha - As someone who suffers from situational anxiety/uneasiness, it's an internal roller coaster.
I feel for you Dan. My son has been a sickly little guy ever since he was born. He's finally over influenza which really flared up his croup. It was a terrible week dealing with that.
After 13 years it does start to get easier, right up until they’re really sick. its always tough to watch them suffer.

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
+
I don't wish it on anyone, man.

Ugh.

KEV

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
+
The one thing that REALLY gets to me... His Preschool is constantly sending out updates any time a confirmed case of influenza or strep occurs... And they won't stop coming.

It's basically nightmare fuel.

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
+
What's the little guy dealing with now?
Wife had strep all last week (and I was out of town feeling awful about being out of town).
Cal has something between a cold and the flu currently haha - not sure.

You know how it goes. It's just endless floating question marks.

Golf Ghost

Major Champion (x4)
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 12.3

Trying not to think about all of that stuff that will probably happen in the future.

Little dude is alright though?

KEV

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Wife had strep all last week (and I was out of town feeling awful about being out of town).
Cal has something between a cold and the flu currently haha - not sure.

You know how it goes. It's just endless floating question marks.
And even worse is how helpless you feel as a parent not being able to do anything. It's such a miserable thing for little people to have to go through.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in