The Official Banter Away Thread

True story. The system told us that two accounts were the same. I dug into it and it said same email, same IP and their posting time was very similar. They said “that is my brother”, but he has to accounts. Nifty Niblick and Retired Boomer. I had no idea the former was involved as well. Looked it up and it too (obviously had the same IP, same email). So I merged the three accounts as the only logical step. Then he went off the rails.

We dont like to ban people here. In fact have fewer than just about anyplace. So he was sent to cool off for a few weeks. It sucks having to do such a thing. I mean this is a golf message board. But seriously insulting GolferGal for asking to stop talking about politics seems rather odd.
I just remember that sticking out to me so much when you made that comment a couple of weeks ago.

It's definitely not a coincidence.

True story. The system told us that two accounts were the same. I dug into it and it said same email, same IP and their posting time was very similar. They said “that is my brother”, but he has to accounts. Nifty Niblick and Retired Boomer. I had no idea the former was involved as well. Looked it up and it too (obviously had the same IP, same email). So I merged the three accounts as the only logical step. Then he went off the rails.

We dont like to ban people here. In fact have fewer than just about anyplace. So he was sent to cool off for a few weeks. It sucks having to do such a thing. I mean this is a golf message board. But seriously insulting GolferGal for asking to stop talking about politics seems rather odd.
You have ten times the restraint that I have, brother. He would have gotten the perma ban from me just for the comment to GG. Let alone the whole "I need multiple accounts to act like a douchebag" angle.

Oh no the spammers are back ... I guess the lockdown in China is lifted and they're back at their spam centers

Starting to do a little forum catching up. Still in Colorado but fewer time constraints. Mom is strong and will be OK. One of the billion bike paths is right behind her house. Enjoying seeing all the active people and families here in Boulder. Always active here but noticeably different from the normal. And then places like Pearl Street are actually peaceful. We’re getting out on nice walks and hikes. Grabbed amazing New Mexican food pick up from Santo for dinner. They even had to go margaritas that took the edge off the captive ladies in the house. 👍

Glad to hear all is as well as can be dude. Next time you venture out....grab a margarita for me yeah?

Is kind of ironic isn’t it.

Don'tcha think?

I am laying in bed watching My 600lb life and thinking, I’m kind of hungry. Maybe I should get a small snack.

I think I need help.
This working from home could be detrimental to my waistline...

20200326_131546_HDR.jpg

Damn you guys, now I am singing that song!

On a positive note, I did NOT get up and get a snack at 11pm last night. I say +1 for willpower. It's like 10-1 so far, but I will take it!

When you have those cravings just drink a cold glass of water.. our thirst mechanism has become weak and easily triggered we mistake it for hunger

But nice small victory!

Back