The Official Banter Away Thread

So my wife was irritated this morning & I asked why...she said I just want a day where I’m not answering text msgs from everyone every two minutes. My response easy fix, send a text to everyone that you will be social distancing from your phone until Monday.

So my wife was irritated this morning & I asked why...she said I just want a day where I’m not answering text msgs from everyone every two minutes. My response easy fix, send a text to everyone that you will be social distancing from your phone until Monday.
Media black out. I have a few hours a week where I have to do it too. Normally one weekend morning for a few hours

I beginning to think I need social distancing from the fridge.
giphy.gif

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

One of the dogs poo'd on my putting mat. I take that as a dog "social media" commentary on my putting skills. :p

With all the car travel and crazy logistics we just went through, I feel for the dog. They are smart, good dogs. That was the last thing either of them wanted to do.

I may be the only weirdo that enjoys running a chainsaw but I spent last night servicing my saws and am headed out to drop a few dead trees shortly

I may be the only weirdo that enjoys running a chainsaw but I spent last night servicing my saws and am headed out to drop a few dead trees shortly

Count me as a fellow weirdo, I love to throw my saw on the tractor and go work in the woods on my days off. :)

Count me as a fellow weirdo, I love to throw my saw on the tractor and go work in the woods on my days off. :)
Do you ever use an axe? I find myself using the saw more now that I'm a little older but I have a few nice Swedish axes that I've felled a lot of trees with. Something therapeutic about using them!

Do you ever use an axe? I find myself using the saw more now that I'm a little older but I have a few nice Swedish axes that I've felled a lot of trees with. Something therapeutic about using them!
I have my grandfather's old double bit that I'll break out once or twice a year. Keep it sharp enough to shave the hair on my arm and really enjoy using it except for aggravating my rotator cuff. Wife and daughter think I'm a little wacko out singing "The Lumberjack Song "!

This made me laugh!
IMG_1911.JPG

Media black out. I have a few hours a week where I have to do it too. Normally one weekend morning for a few hours
I need to do this.... was just catching up on work emails from the week.... Missed an email announcing that work has extended WFH from April 7 to May 1st..... decided that would be the last email read until Monday

I need to do this.... was just catching up on work emails from the week.... Missed an email announcing that work has extended WFH from April 7 to May 1st..... decided that would be the last email read until Monday
Typically from breakfast to lunch on a weekend day. I check the morning to see if any fires are burning but if not, I’ll see people at lunch. It’s pretty good for my health

My held mail arrived today. Dozen 2020 Bridgestone Tour B X balls were there from THP. I won them on a twitter contest. I love saying that. Me. I won something. And not just something. My favorite golf balls. This is beyond AWESOME! Thank you THP and Bridgestone! 👍
You deserve a little pick me up. Glad you won!

I hope teachers are ready to go back to “old” math because “new“ math/Common Core math stopped on Day 2!:ROFLMAO:

I joke a lot on this forum, but seriously wanted to say thank you to all our teachers here and in your families at the trials they are facing in these times right now. Copying this.

9BBD9543-28C9-48FA-BAE1-63B475432DF7.jpeg

It’s amazing how much I look forward to work now on Sundays. Even working from home, it’s a great way to distract myself from the extreme boredom of the weekends where we literally do nothing. Lol..

73 degrees today......74 degrees tomorrow & no golf. It’s officially real and all bats can suck it now!!

drive down And we can play

Sunny.....65 & windy. Too wet to play but this is a beautiful day!

Sunny.....65 & windy. Too wet to play but this is a beautiful day!
Wayyyyy too wet. Storms last night were nuts but the little guy slept right through. Noise maker that sounds like rain normally FTW haha. Hope the baby girl did ok through them too!

Wayyyyy too wet. Storms last night were nuts but the little guy slept right through. Noise maker that sounds like rain normally FTW haha. Hope the baby girl did ok through them too!
Yep! She did awesome! Although....we also use this noise thing that basically drowns everything out as well. Lol

We had lightning directly over our house, and more roof leaks. So that is fun.

I am appreciating the conversations among people. We are enjoying the opportunity to take long walks on the trails in our neighborhood. For the most part people are distancing well and politely. And when we talk to others here and there, it is about real things with some substance to the dialog. I am hearing much less verbal expression of "keyboard pounding ideology." (y)

So, I've begun the process of seeding for the long game of convincing my wife that I need a launch monitor. A GC2, a net, a mat I can pull inside when not in use, and a heater that I can use to warm up the garage in the winter. The pandemic looks like it's we'll on the way of delaying the start of our season. Our off season is already too long and I think she is starting to recognize that I need golf in my life so that I'll stay out of her hair :)

Back