The Official Banter Away Thread

So, I've begun the process of seeding for the long game of convincing my wife that I need a launch monitor. A GC2, a net, a mat I can pull inside when not in use, and a heater that I can use to warm up the garage in the winter. The pandemic looks like it's we'll on the way of delaying the start of our season. Our off season is already too long and I think she is starting to recognize that I need golf in my life so that I'll stay out of her hair :)

just say you can never turn down a good sale

I guess the crappy part about working from home is that you are always able to work from home. Put in 6 hours yesterday afternoon-night, and have been working since 10 this morning.

Just spent 35 min on video chat with my FIL troubleshooting how he managed to turn the sound off for YouTube

This is after yesterday when I cleared a bunch of stuff of his computer to make it more efficient.. definitely have to show him how to clear his browser history every so often and not download adult content hahahaha that was awkward

Just spent 35 min on video chat with my FIL troubleshooting how he managed to turn the sound off for YouTube

This is after yesterday when I cleared a bunch of stuff of his computer to make it more efficient.. definitely have to show him how to clear his browser history every so often and not download adult content hahahaha that was awkward
Such a pain to remotely troubleshoot stuff like that. Especially if the person on the other end isn't very computer literate and has trouble understanding what you want them to do.

I guess the crappy part about working from home is that you are always able to work from home. Put in 6 hours yesterday afternoon-night, and have been working since 10 this morning.

i have to force myself to log off vpn and shut the work laptop down otherwise I’m in the same boat. Come Monday I fell like work never stopped.

Last edited:
RIP Joe Diffie, I am singing along to John Deer Green

Unless my plan is to be a total slack on a monday, there is no way I turn my work PC on during the weekend.

Hell no.

Wife decided I didn't have enough things I wanted to do this afternoon on my day off.......
So she went to the office without unplugging the car (interior warmer, Canada, we like warm cars).
Promptly tore the bottom half of her front grill off the car. License plate still attached to it, laying on the garage floor.

No way to fix it except for zip ties. An hour later I got to start what I actually wanted to do today.

Unless my plan is to be a total slack on a monday, there is no way I turn my work PC on during the weekend.

Hell no.

It’s not like it was voluntary.

Hell no.

Based on deliverables and the 90 meetings they added to our work week calendars - I have no choice but to work on the weekends as well. I'm still golfing though.

Based on deliverables and the 90 meetings they added to our work week calendars - I have no choice but to work on the weekends as well. I'm still golfing though.
This is what I am struggling with right now.

Our office 'culture' is stating repeatedly that our mental health and well being is a top priority and we are encouraged to shut it down. Then they pack on more work like we'll magically find time in our days (ignoring the global catastrophe and emotional toll) to get it done.

I work enough in the evenings during the week. They can have those hours.

This is what I am struggling with right now.

Our office 'culture' is stating repeatedly that our mental health and well being is a top priority and we are encouraged to shut it down. Then they pack on more work like we'll magically find time in our days (ignoring the global catastrophe and emotional toll) to get it done.

I work enough in the evenings during the week. They can have those hours.

Yeah, they don't care about us like that. They are requiring us to be on video though for the meetings to check on our well-being - eff that I'm at home and putting in the hours, I shouldn't have to jump on a video.

Yeah, they don't care about us like that. They are requiring us to be on video though for the meetings to check on our well-being - eff that I'm at home and putting in the hours, I shouldn't have to jump on a video.
Oh, they don't care.
It's total lip service.

smoke and mirrors.

Anxiety was high this weekend for me for some reason, but I think mostly because of the week in the house and the COVID19 stuff. A week of cleaning and wiping and standing away from people and moving lines when someone stands too close and worrying about whether the store has everything you need and pumping gas and so on has really taken a toll. I decided to decompress a bit, turn off the internet/tv mediaand just try to recenter.

I got a lot accomplished today with a few hours of work, some overdue yard work and washing all the bed sheets and blankets in the house. I feel better now, and tomorrow I have what will likely be my last round of golf until the world gets back to normal. I feel like time and just everything is becoming so compressed. It reminds me of the time just as a major hurricane makes landfall. You fee prepared and helpless all at the same time.

We also started our LEGO castle tonight. Bag one done.
F638FEF8-4054-412A-B734-81EB849C97FE.jpeg

I just had to take my care for a drive around the block since it hasn't been started in a week. I wanted to get that battery going for a little bit.
Good time to go get gas.

Good time to go get gas.

No No No. If you just stay home, there is no need to get gas.
Everybody just stay home ;)

No No No. If you just stay home, there is no need to get gas.
Everybody just stay home ;)

I figured if she's driving around the neighborhood, make the most of it. Related: I need gas, I have work tomorrow haha

Good time to go get gas.

Like @JB said, I am not leaving the house, no reason to go anywhere and be near anyone if I don't need to. I have a full tank of gas, and nowhere to go. I just needed to get the car started since it hadn't been started in a week.

We loaded up the car with the kids yesterday and drive through a touch less car wash that has all those wacky soap colors. Highlight of the week.

Since our vacation was canceled & we don't know the status of our daughters "summer" traveling basketball team due to all this, I've got 144 hours of PTO piled up. I can only bank 40, so that leaves me 104 hours to burn before June 15th. Guess I will be taking some days off & hopefully the courses stay open so that I can put that time off to good use.

IMG_1924.JPG

Respect to the parents that can homeschool and work from home. I surely CANNOT!

Back