The Official Banter Away Thread

I literally had this conversation with myself last night.
I just hope AA is adding chairs once this pandemic is over.

I told @JB today that I wish my vice was drinking instead of eating, because if I drank, I would just end up puking and then I would lose weight instead of doubling in size in a month like I'm on pace to do right now. I haven't tried on a pair of jeans in a week and I am so scared to do so.

I made it two days, that seems long enough right?
We polished off a bottle of red Sunday night and it took EVERYthing in us to not drink Monday or Tuesday night.

But here I am, sitting outside in sunny and 60 degree weather and all I want is a corona and lime. Pun fully intended.

Playing 18 with my boy at 1430 CDT at a course that has historically eaten my lunch. More to follow.

I told @JB today that I wish my vice was drinking instead of eating, because if I drank, I would just end up puking and then I would lose weight instead of doubling in size in a month like I'm on pace to do right now. I haven't tried on a pair of jeans in a week and I am so scared to do so.

not for me. the drinking starts with a meal, persists through a dessert, and ultimately accompanies a snack a couple hours later. there is food present throughout. a caloric double down.

April 1st? Springtime weather?
Ha April Fools!!!!
20200401_141846.jpg
So much snow you cannot see anything at all on the city streets! Come on paid snow day!!??

huge crick in my neck this morning and I can barely turn my head. how did it happen? brushing my hair.
Must be nice to have hair..

@dwchockey13 didn't nickname me fluffy for nothin'
Actually I think that was I when you were thinking of a new screen name. But you decided to go with a sports radio talk show name......I understand completely. It paid off with that GD gig :sneaky:

Right now I’m just trying to go one night without a drink..,,

Which Reading that back makes me sound like a for sure alcoholic
Trying to curb your alcohol usage during a pandemic is futile. It is like trying to stop smoking at Christmas/New Year's or dieting at Thanksgiving. There will be plenty of time for AA after this crapstorm subsides.

Thanks to everybody that joined the live stream today.

That was a ton of fun.

We polished off a bottle of red Sunday night and it took EVERYthing in us to not drink Monday or Tuesday night.

But here I am, sitting outside in sunny and 60 degree weather and all I want is a corona and lime. Pun fully intended.
I hear ya, I poured a drink as soon as I got home. I’ve got a zoom bar happy hour in 20 min. Can’t show up fully sober to happy hour right?

We went from +15*c yesterday to below freezing today and like 7 inches of snow since 9am this morning.
What an absolute mess out there. Even in the city my drive home was nuts. People down the center of 2 lanes on the street.

Baby Luca entered the world this morning during an interesting time in American history, at 5:25AM and weighing in at 8 pounds 2 ounces. Both baby and mom are doing great.

View attachment 8934576
Congrats Man! Welcome to the world baby Luca!

If I post an oddball like icon, please forgive me. On my phone it doesn’t automatically give the thumbs up and I often don’t have my older eyes reading glasses on. In other words, I have no idea which icon I poked with a fat finger.

My swing is hot trash right now.:(

The ignore button. It’s entering my thoughts. This is a golf forum. No politics please.

The ignore button. It’s entering my thoughts. This is a golf forum. No politics please.
Ive no idea what you’re talking about, so, my ignore list must be on point 💪:p(y)

Trying to curb your alcohol usage during a pandemic is futile. It is like trying to stop smoking at Christmas/New Year's or dieting at Thanksgiving. There will be plenty of time for AA after this crapstorm subsides.
So you’re saying I should drink until April 30th!? Alright fine

I hear ya, I poured a drink as soon as I got home. I’ve got a zoom bar happy hour in 20 min. Can’t show up fully sober to happy hour right?
I’ve never even considered a zoom hangout before this despite some of my friends living hundreds or thousands of miles away. Just had one a few days ago and it’s quite fun and entertaining.

Plus I’m at home so I drink my own beer and get to sleep with the bartender😂

I’ve never even considered a zoom hangout before this despite some of my friends living hundreds or thousands of miles away. Just had one a few days ago and it’s quite fun and entertaining.

Plus I’m at home so I drink my own beer and get to sleep with the bartender😂
Lol it’s pretty cool. It’s the same people I would meet for drinks after work, plus some who live further away. To be honest, this is something we’ll likely continue. It’s a way to stay in touch and add someone here and there. It won’t replace face to face meetings but next best? Maybe.

Lol it’s pretty cool. It’s the same people I would meet for drinks after work, plus some who live further away. To be honest, this is something we’ll likely continue. It’s a way to stay in touch and add someone here and there. It won’t replace face to face meetings but next best? Maybe.
We were commenting that the technology has always been there but how often did we use it... probably never and now we are video chatting just about every night. Crazy what comes to light because of it.

Back