The Official Banter Away Thread

Facebook is acquiring Giphy for $400 million.
I'm sure they'll add some neat "features" - probably like the gifs you choose being tied into your advertising preferences, revealing your location and being shared with your boss at work. :ROFLMAO:

We’re August 6 for our start. We’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have had a pair of birds build a nest in a tree in our back yard, I think our lab may have a permanent twitch by the time they leave. She will be laying in the yard and they will start attacking her. What is really bad she is the only one they attack. Our other dog is less than half her size and they leave her alone.

They are going to begin shooting Scream 5 here in Wilmywood in the Fall!

I'm sure they'll add some neat "features" - probably like the gifs you choose being tied into your advertising preferences, revealing your location and being shared with your boss at work. :ROFLMAO:
They better not take away the giphy from THP

School start date moved up 1 week to start after summer for kiddos (or should say during summer). Day 1 - August 6th!
Ok, I am very curious about this as I understand thoughts behind starting early being off so long and to prepare if next winter bring a second round. But, I think most states are not ready to open schools by August. Is Texas thinking they will be full go by August? Also, I wonder how the teacher’s union is feeling. I guess the answers are yes and no issues.

I actually think here in PA they will not let our students back in school till after Christmas which is going to be a problem.

has anyone ever used the whole bunch of fresh parsley or cilantro? i think the czar of parsley portioning needs to be replaced by someone more grounded in the reality of home cooking needs.

Ok, I am very curious about this as I understand thoughts behind starting early being off so long and to prepare if next winter bring a second round. But, I think most states are not ready to open schools by August. Is Texas thinking they will be full go by August? Also, I wonder how the teacher’s union is feeling. I guess the answers are yes and no issues.

I actually think here in PA they will not let our students back in school till after Christmas which is going to be a problem.
Texas is almost fully open.....tattoo shops are already open! LOL!

Hit so many good shots tonight that ended up in divots or other strange lies. I landed 2 greens where the ball bounced like it hit something solid and both ended up on miserable extreme slope lies off the green. Good shot after good shot tonight was off by the smallest of margins and whatever bad could happen, happened. And my chipping and putting? A tension filled awful. Had an eagle, which was the one bright spot. I also had a 2nd eagle chance from 15 feet that ended up a par. I need to reboot my brain and body. I have been off lately.

Stupid question:
When I reseeded areas of my lawn last year, and covered in peat moss (like all the youtube tutorials show), it sprouted up quick and was nice and thick grass.
This spring, all the areas I reseeded are pretty much bare.
Did peat moss actually end up killing the grass and wrecking the soil in those areas?

has anyone ever used the whole bunch of fresh parsley or cilantro? i think the czar of parsley portioning needs to be replaced by someone more grounded in the reality of home cooking needs.
Some weeks I can get through the whole bunch of cilantro.
Indian food, making dips, making pico, using it in tacos and on nachos.

Other weeks I buy it and toss it after using a handful of leaves off it.

I feel parsley is a garage... Decoration only...

Cilantro dips n tacos way more than needed... Usually get added to chicken marinade

Played my local course on Sunday and below is the description to #7 (wanted to include the flyover, but the content isn't available on their site yet) It's a short par 4 with multiple ways to play it.... I was driving the ball pretty well at that point even though I was drawing the ball.... usually play a fade, so I decided driver was the play and to give it a go...

Hit a really good drive and got an exceptional kick, saw the ball skip when it hit and knew it reached the green, just didn't know where.... as I approached the green I could see the flag was positioned in this 'devilish' hollow location.... well, just so happened that my shot ended up pin high about 15'..... the hollow area is shaped a bit like a bowl so the putt was mostly downhill.... just get it going and it will reach, or not.... I proceeded to 3 putt from there.... needless to say I was frustrated the rest of the day over that one shot.... still annoyed thinking about leaving a downhill putt short and then missing a 3' for birdie... :banghead::angry:

Description
Your choices off the tee are many. Play left and straight with a hybrid or iron to set up a simple approach with a short iron. Play even safer with a mid-iron to well short of the bunker where your approach is still not all that long. These two options are safest. The bold player with length may try to reach the green with a bail-out short and just right. The penalty is significant however. An intruding finger of wetland and native grass extends to the green with no forgiveness. Once at the green take note of its long and narrow shape. At the far back is a hollow where the devilish greenkeeper can set a cup when he is most annoyed.

My wife came across this TV show called "Cake" on the FXX channel. Most bizarre show I've ever seen. We both concluded that it must be intended to be watched while stoned or tripping on something. Anybody else ever seen it?

The First 48 is really starting to effect my sleep and I might need an intervention. But that show can really consume the hours as well.

I don't think we've ever bought parsley, don't see any use for it other than a garnish and we ain't that fancy when we cook at home. :LOL: Cilantro, sometimes we use the whole bunch depending on what we're making, but more often we end up using part of it and tossing the rest. It's so cheap that I don't feel too guilty about wasting it when we toss the leftovers.

The last 45 minutes of the rise are Skywalker are best 45 minutes in all Star Wars movies. I wonder if @ddec agrees with this?

The last 45 minutes of the rise are Skywalker are best 45 minutes in all Star Wars movies. I wonder if @ddec agrees with this?

You’ve already downgraded it. Earlier you said in movie history.

You’ve already downgraded it. Earlier you said in movie history.
Here we go with semantics. You and I agree pretty much on Rise being on top 2 or 3.
the only thing we do t agree on is Rogue One as it is the greatest of them all!!!

Here we go with semantics. You and I agree pretty much on Rise being on top 2 or 3.
the only thing we do t agree on is Rogue One as it is the greatest of them all!!!

No semantics. I have it in writing.

The last 45 minutes of rise of Skywalker is best 45 minutes in movie history - Shane Posey

So now you have downgraded it to only Star Wars movies, which means it’s not as good as you originally stated. FACT.

Back