The Official Banter Away Thread

7 hours of driving today with a live stream in between has left me broken

Lots are trying to finish the fall semester by Thanksgiving, pretty wild.

As a parent I would be completely ok with starting school a few weeks early. I understand the stress and work placed on the teachers. I have a child in first grade that really struggles. We were paying for a weekly tutor, spending lots of time extra on and she is still behind. I have even considered having her redo the year. There is a lot in my life I don't care if I mess up.

My kids and how they will turn out in the future is the only thing that keeps me up at night. Much of it is outside my control, but much of it is.

PSA: Wendy's Frosty-ccino's are amazing.

That is all.

PSA: Wendy's Frosty-ccino's are amazing.

That is all.
I thought this said Wardy’s , and I thought oh dear God.

Golf buddy broke his arm mountain biking. Surgery, golf season ended. He's about 10 years younger than me, and that's the age where I started to learn that some of my outdoor activities needed to change. I had to reluctantly back off from the ones with a higher risk of injury (e.g, mountain biking, frontcountry/backcountry skiing, trail running). Sucks because I love those things, but the injuries and impacts add up and get harder and harder to come back from. Sigh. I will miss playing with him. Fun guy. Of course now I want to go mountain biking. :rolleyes:
Because you want to risk breaking your arm too? 🤔

Feeling lazy. Lots of tedious meetings today. I kind of sort of want to go hit some balls and get in the 2nd 50 of my 100 putts. Struggle to find the motivation to get out of my cozy chair. Blustery cool weather isn't helping.

I had a terrible ball striking day that was essentially a walk in the park. It was awesome. God I love golf.

My stay in single digit handicap lasted two rounds. Went from 9.9 back to 10. Not sure why that tenth of a point is important to me, but it is. Only one thing to do now and then get back to work on it in the weeks to come...image.jpg

When you are tired sometimes the mind opens up and you become enlightened. Example, if you say, “Let’s dress this puppy up,” in reference to topping a hotdog, is it a pun?

On a whim I got out the putting mat and proceeded to sink every putt for 10 minutes straight.

ETA on actually getting on a course? Never. Depressing.

The famous "It would be a shame to ruin such a nice drive" would be yelled as you approach your ball! haha:cool:

Oh ya I am remembering that one to use!!!!!

Guaranteed to rattle your partner...
We say "It looks like you're an NDA candidate!"
(NDA is an acronym for "nice drive, a-hole!", which is what we say when somebody screws up their next shot after a good drive).

Any other good one liners you use on the golf course.?

We always say that's one when someone tees it up and knocks it off the tee... On approach shots we always joke to put it inside ...putts or tops you are still away my friend.

Interested in others

You know that feeling when you get a true thank you from a customer. It’s amazing how receiving an actual letter written from a custom thanking you for something done to help them can make you smile. You pay that forward.

When you are tired sometimes the mind opens up and you become enlightened. Example, if you say, “Let’s dress this puppy up,” in reference to topping a hotdog, is it a pun?
leave Arrow alone!

You know that feeling when you get a true thank you from a customer. It’s amazing how receiving an actual letter written from a custom thanking you for something done to help them can make you smile. You pay that forward.
It's almost a joke how robotic work can be sometimes, until you get that real genuine thanks.

Incredible feeling - I suspect you're great at what you do to get something like that.

It's almost a joke how robotic work can be sometimes, until you get that real genuine thanks.

Incredible feeling - I suspect you're great at what you do to get something like that.
Thank you, but the people who work in my office are the true individuals that deserve praise. I made sure to show them today.

Any other good one liners you use on the golf course.?

We always say that's one when someone tees it up and knocks it off the tee... On approach shots we always joke to put it inside ...putts or tops you are still away my friend.

Interested in others
For bad putts/chips - "SISO" - Acronym for "S**t, I'm Still Out". (Pronounced "Sizzo")

Bad putt - "Everything about that was perfect, except the line and the speed"

Slice or hook - "You hit that well...WELL RIGHT! (or left)"

When somebody sinks a long putt, chips in, etc. - "Easy game!"

Fast putt that runs way past the hole - "TAXI !!!!!"

To the second player on an approach shot when playing a scramble - "Get inside me!"

For a shot into a waste area - "Working on your dirt game today?"

For bad putts/chips - "SISO" - Acronym for "S**t, I'm Still Out". (Pronounced "Sizzo")

Bad putt - "Everything about that was perfect, except the line and the speed"

Slice or hook - "You hit that well...WELL RIGHT! (or left)"

When somebody sinks a long putt, chips in, etc. - "Easy game!"

Fast putt that runs way past the hole - "TAXI !!!!!"

To the second player on an approach shot when playing a scramble - "Get inside me!"

For a shot into a waste area - "Working on your dirt game today?"
Love that others pull the put it inside me always a classic.

Back