The Official Banter Away Thread

Today is Jenn's first day back to work since January, which means I'm here with the little guy alone all day. The start of a new normal I guess. I'm anxious and petrified to see how well this goes. One benefit of this work from home order is that I can keep pushing my paternity leave until I'm supposed to regularly go back in to the office.

Today is Jenn's first day back to work since January, which means I'm here with the little guy alone all day. The start of a new normal I guess. I'm anxious and petrified to see how well this goes. One benefit of this work from home order is that I can keep pushing my paternity leave until I'm supposed to regularly go back in to the office.

You two will be fine. Good luck buddy

hopefully. If not you are only a quick drive away right? haha

Be there is a heartbeat but I don’t do diapers

After 4.5 days nonstop wrangling the kids solo, back to some normalcy again. I need it, feeling quite irritable and stressed lately.

After 4.5 days nonstop wrangling the kids solo, back to some normalcy again. I need it, feeling quite irritable and stressed lately.

I'm stressing over 1. Not sure how in the world you manage 3.

You’ve got this. And being honest, you’ll end up looking back and savoring it.

You’ve got this. And being honest, you’ll end up looking back and savoring it.

the whole work from home thing has been a bit of a blessing. it's given me so much extra time that I wouldn't have had.

Its 5 o'clock somewhere,burp...
6ffdd7a9271d230cdbb2cc3ed1b527bd.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

the whole work from home thing has been a bit of a blessing. it's given me so much extra time that I wouldn't have had.
And I’m jealous of that, I had to fight tooth and nail just to use sick days since we have no paternity policy. Only after...insinuating...taking it to a higher fight did things happen. This is the most chaotic time, but it’s also the best, imo.

Heading out soon for an early round. Thurs morning men’s league plays 18 and tees off starting 7:30am. Word is they are slow. I may see if I can play back 9 and then slip on with a group for the front.

Last night I was reading through the 2020 distance bash again. It seems wild to me that was only a few weeks before the craziness started.

Today will be a first for me in awhile. My son will go to daycare while I stay home to work. It's going to be weird not having to juggle a toddler and work.

One on one time is a great way to bond. My wife went back to work working nights as a nurse and I was home with twin 3 month old boys by myself for 13 hours each evening/night. They are 4 years old now, so you got this! Enjoy the time, it goes quick!

One on one time is a great way to bond. My wife went back to work working nights as a nurse and I was home with twin 3 month old boys by myself for 13 hours each evening/night. They are 4 years old now, so you got this! Enjoy the time, it goes quick!
Man does it ever.

I feel like I just blinked and my twins are 2.5.

Man does it ever.

I feel like I just blinked and my twins are 2.5.
People always tell you how fast kids grow up, but until you experience it yourself you don't fully appreciate the weight of their words.

People always tell you how fast kids grow up, but until you experience it yourself you don't fully appreciate the weight of their words.
This is so true. I always rolled my eyes when people would tell me that but holy smokes, somehow my daughter is already 9 and my son 6. It's both great and really sucky at the same time.

You know you are getting older when you are watching a movie on E! and you don't recognize any of the names of the actors scrolling in the ticker at the bottom of the screen where there are talking about current entertainment news.

This is so true. I always rolled my eyes when people would tell me that but holy smokes, somehow my daughter is already 9 and my son 6. It's both great and really sucky at the same time.

Tell me about it. My daughter turns 14 on Thursday, is 5' 9" and certainly doesn't look "almost 14". Facebook posted up a memory of her when she was 4 singing a song with pig tails. Effing 10 years.....what the hell.

My son is 10 and I have no idea when he turned into the family comedian. :)

So so old.

• Appreciation
Reactions: KEV
First, Frank Costanza.
Now, Mr. Wilhelm.

Who's next?

Last edited:
So true. My daughter is 5 and it feels like she was born yesterday.

Got a haircut today, in an actual barber shop. Feels good man. Now heading to the gym which just reopened today.

Last edited:
Back