The Official Banter Away Thread

Have an afternoon tee time today. Given that I took the week off to golf -- at least that's how this week has evolved -- I'm not sure what to do with myself this morning. I could do some chores. :oops: I could get in a little practice session. New putter ... 100 putts on a practice green. Work on some chipping. IDK. Take a nap?

It's currently 108 degrees here. That is all.

We had the highest heat/humidity combo on record yesterday, no thank you!

I don’t mind the heat. I hate being cold. I’d take 108 over 0 any day.

I know I haven't lived in a cold weather climate so I probably have no right to talk, but I HATE the heat. Hate it, hate it, hate it! I would rather bundle up any day.

How does looting a Target in Minneapolis further your protest cause?

I don't get it, what did Target do to these people? How does that solve anything except hurt business owners and scare employees and cause more harm? It makes no sense. I am not personally a protest person, but if people want to peacefully protest in the streets, ok, that's their right, but stealing from a store that has no connection to the crime makes absolutely zero sense to me.

I know I haven't lived in a cold weather climate so I probably have no right to talk, but I HATE the heat. Hate it, hate it, hate it! I would rather bundle up any day.

NO NO NO. Its awful. Take the heat trust me

Our humidity was 5%, so at least there's that. People joke about "it's a dry heat", but it really does make a difference!

NO NO NO. Its awful. Take the heat trust me

I can't, it's awful. I run warm normally, so when people are cold, I am hot, so trying to deal with the heat is unbearable for me.

Our humidity was 5%, so at least there's that. People joke about "it's a dry heat", but it really does make a difference!

I agree, there is definitely a difference.

I can't, it's awful. I run warm normally, so when people are cold, I am hot, so trying to deal with the heat is unbearable for me.

I get it but the constant gray skies and cold/snow for months is miserable

I get it but the constant gray skies and cold/snow for months is miserable

I don't doubt that for a second. That's why I said I probably don't have the right to say anything since I have no idea what it's like to live in a climate like yours, but somewhere in the middle is more my speed. I can deal with 3 months of heat if it means the rest of the time is cooler or even cold for a month or two, but Florida being stupid hot for 5+ months is too much for me.

I don't doubt that for a second. That's why I said I probably don't have the right to say anything since I have no idea what it's like to live in a climate like yours, but somewhere in the middle is more my speed. I can deal with 3 months of heat if it means the rest of the time is cooler or even cold for a month or two, but Florida being stupid hot for 5+ months is too much for me.
I probably couldn't handle the heat/humidity combination in the southeast, the humidity kills me. Our highs are 100+ pretty much every day from late May/early June to late September, but we don't have the humidity. I'm tired of it by the end of summer and glad for a cool down, but the first time I walk outside and feel even the slightest bit chilled, I'm like "Oh this sucks, bring summer back already!".

I can acclimate to heat, up to a point, but heat+humidity would be a hard combo for me. I have lived most of my life in the mountains and for the most part love it. Summers are nirvana. I have embraced winter and winter outdoor activities with great passion. But I am getting less tolerant of the cold. A little more moderate climate appeals to me anymore. Just no to the humidity! I like it when my sweat evaporates and does what it is supposed to do, cool me. :cool:

You'll probably end up being the opposite of those people you probably know and love "the snowbirds". You'll end up going north to get away from the heat as opposed to going to Florida to escape the snow and cold.

You'll probably end up being the opposite of those people you probably know and love "the snowbirds". You'll end up going north to get away from the heat as opposed to going to Florida to escape the snow and cold.

We were in Chicago a few years ago and it was -20 and I kept asking JB to walk everywhere and he was having no part of it haha. Last year we were in Chicago and it started to snow and I was skipping around like a child, I was so happy. BUT, and this is a big but, I do know I would have a really hard time with months and months of gray skies all the time.

I’ve spent pretty much my whole life in Pennsylvania. It’s great, you get 100* and humidity in the summer and dip below 0* in the winter. Best of both worlds?

I’ve spent pretty much my whole life in Pennsylvania. It’s great, you get 100* and humidity in the summer and dip below 0* in the winter. Best of both worlds?
I live in Ohio and we get that in a single month :rolleyes:

:D No offense to the good people of the midwest but the climate sucks. My wife is from Chicago area, and although I enjoy the city, I can't remember a weather day that I enjoyed in my decades of visiting her family.

I was born and raised in San Diego, lived in/around that area for most of my life. Probably the most ideal climate anywhere, but if you live near the coast, the "June Gloom" (marine layer) absolutely sucks - and it lasts from May to about August. Days and days of nothing but dull, cloudy gray skies. I used to purposely go inland just to see the sun and feel some warmth. That drab cloudy gray stuff is the most depressing weather in the world to me.

:D No offense to the good people of the midwest but the climate sucks. My wife is from Chicago area, and although I enjoy the city, I can't remember a weather day that I enjoyed in my decades of visiting her family.
Summer is nice...all 3 days of it haha

We were in Chicago a few years ago and it was -20 and I kept asking JB to walk everywhere and he was having no part of it haha. Last year we were in Chicago and it started to snow and I was skipping around like a child, I was so happy. BUT, and this is a big but, I do know I would have a really hard time with months and months of gray skies all the time.

I can see it being enjoyable for people that aren't used to it and don't usually get that experience. Heck I even enjoy the first snow of the year sometimes. Month after month of the cold, gloom, cold and cold suck though.

On the flip side there are areas that get winter that I think would actually be enjoyable to live in. On the other side of our state you get some cold but it's not bitter and biting like it is here. That I could easily live in and be much happier.

Big pile of mulch just got dumped on our driveway 😖 will need to be very productive if I want to hit the course this weekend.

How bad has it become that it's easier to call your sons on their phones because they can't hear you yell their names up the stairs with headphones attached to their heads all the time?:ROFLMAO:

My replacement Mavrik 3W SZ came in today!!!!

Growing up and living in the Bay Area or other parts of California my whole life I can't do extreme heat. I wish we had a month or two of real winter just for a change of pace. But I will take year round shorts and golf over other extreme heat or cold.

I live in Ohio and we get that in a single month :rolleyes:

Haha Snow at the beginning of May and 96 over the MDW. not 0-100 but damn close.

I was born and raised in San Diego, lived in/around that area for most of my life. Probably the most ideal climate anywhere, but if you live near the coast, the "June Gloom" (marine layer) absolutely sucks - and it lasts from May to about August. Days and days of nothing but dull, cloudy gray skies. I used to purposely go inland just to see the sun and feel some warmth. That drab cloudy gray stuff is the most depressing weather in the world to me.

Vacationed last August. If the city won't so expensive you could definitely find me there permanently. Amazing weather and activities, zoo (amazing), Cornado, Torrey, & La Jolla!

Had an interview earlier this week and they mentioned I would get a follow-up later this week. I keep checking my email every 5 seconds for an update.

#Stressed 😩

Had an interview earlier this week and they mentioned I would get a follow-up later this week. I keep checking my email every 5 seconds for an update.

#Stressed 😩
Best of luck! You got this!

Back