The Official Banter Away Thread

I don't doubt that for a second. That's why I said I probably don't have the right to say anything since I have no idea what it's like to live in a climate like yours, but somewhere in the middle is more my speed. I can deal with 3 months of heat if it means the rest of the time is cooler or even cold for a month or two, but Florida being stupid hot for 5+ months is too much for me.
You might like here in the banana belt where I live then. We have all 4 seasons & winters for the most part aren't that bad unless we get snow then an inversion then it can be cold for awhile. Normally I can golf year round & 30-40 minutes away is skiing if so inclined & there is lots of mountain biking/hiking trails as well.

You might like here in the banana belt where I live then. We have all 4 seasons & winters for the most part aren't that bad unless we get snow then an inversion then it can be cold for awhile. Normally I can golf year round & 30-40 minutes away is skiing if so inclined & there is lots of mountain biking/hiking trails as well.
You've got us beat. Sure we have Lake Michigan not far away but that just means we get a lot of cloudy days and lake effect snow. I'm trying to remember why I live here...jk, sorta.

Sometimes I spend some time here reading the posts in the different threads and I start to chuckle. Nothing better than a little humor to get me through the day. And as only Muttley could:

You've got us beat. Sure we have Lake Michigan not far away but that just means we get a lot of cloudy days and lake effect snow. I'm trying to remember why I live here...jk, sorta.
Her's our average hi/low temps for the year.
January 39° / 18°
February 46° / 24°
March 57° / 33°
April 66° / 40°
May 76° / 48°
June 88° / 58°
July 93° / 64°
August 90° / 62°
September 81° / 53°
October 67° / 41°
November 52° / 29°
December 40° / 20°

Her's our average hi/low temps for the year.
January 39° / 18°
February 46° / 24°
March 57° / 33°
April 66° / 40°
May 76° / 48°
June 88° / 58°
July 93° / 64°
August 90° / 62°
September 81° / 53°
October 67° / 41°
November 52° / 29°
December 40° / 20°

Ohio :

January 36° / 21°
February 40° / 24°
March 51° / 33°
April 65° / 43°
May 76° / 56°
June 83° / 63°
July 86° / 67°
August 85° / 65°
September 79° / 58°
October 66° / 47°
November 52° / 34°
December 43° / 29°

Ohio :

January 36° / 21°
February 40° / 24°
March 51° / 33°
April 65° / 43°
May 76° / 56°
June 83° / 63°
July 86° / 67°
August 85° / 65°
September 79° / 58°
October 66° / 47°
November 52° / 34°
December 43° / 29°
Maine:

Poserdude also has a locking hard tonneau cover on his bed, so now it's not even a pickup - it's basically an SUV with a big, very low and nearly useless storage compartment. That severely limits what you can put in the bed. He couldn't even put a freaking bicycle in there without loosening the stem and turning the handlebars sideways, wouldn't fit under the cover. Ain't nobody got time for that.

For years I hauled dirt bikes in my pickup truck, until I bought my RZR and sold my dirt bikes a couple years ago. Mountain bikes, power tools, Home Depot runs, trash, towing the boat, towing my RZR trailer when we travel to ride - once you've gotten used to having a pickup truck it's hard to not have one because they're so utilitarian.

Think about this before you do the lift - having a lift kit means the bed is higher and you have to lift things higher to get them into the bed. It also makes it more difficult for shorter people to get in the truck. My wife is 5'3" and she hates climbing into my truck as it is, even with the add-on step rails - if I lifted it, she'd need a stepladder. :LOL: Also, if you tow anything, you need to run a drop hitch or your trailer's ride angle will be all whacked out.

My coworker has a Ram 2500. No lift kit but it sits high. Monday night he went to lift a trash can into the bed of his truck... and hurt his arm... I don't want that for me so... no lift kit.

Facebook is acquiring Giphy for $400 million.

So... there goes Giphy... right down the tubes. Thanks Facebook for ruining something else.

I kind of want to start doing video reviews or highlights of "hidden gem" 9 hole courses that people may never have heard of or given a chance to. We have a couple within a couple hours of me that are great and I wish would get more attention. That could be a fun golf series, especially since most are pretty affordable.

Where's the first video? It's a great idea. Do it!(y)

Ohio :

January 36° / 21°
February 40° / 24°
March 51° / 33°
April 65° / 43°
May 76° / 56°
June 83° / 63°
July 86° / 67°
August 85° / 65°
September 79° / 58°
October 66° / 47°
November 52° / 34°
December 43° / 29°
That's not bad. We hardly get any snow here, I think out average is approx. 16"

Come on! Now your just being downright mean! My last snowstorm May 13th was 13"! 😠🤣🤣

The summer temps don’t seem hot but it gets quite humid. I wanna say we get 20-25” annual ‘on average’ but that spans back a while. The last few years there has been very limited snowfall. Growing up we had snow everywhere every year.

That's why I love it here. They got snow just this last week in the mountains & near Denver, all while I was on the course.

Always crazy to me how you can be in sunny weather and look up the mountains and see snow. 🤯

The summer temps don’t seem hot but it gets quite humid. I wanna say we get 20-25” annual ‘on average’ but that spans back a while. The last few years there has been very limited snowfall. Growing up we had snow everywhere every year.
Yeah, you can keep the humidity. We are in a high desert with little to no humidity.

Always crazy to me how you can be in sunny weather and look up the mountains and see snow. 🤯
We are actually in a valley & can literally watch a storm go right around us & see it snowing on what's called the Bookcliffs with nothing in the valley.

We are actually in a valley & can literally watch a storm go right around us & see it snowing on what's called the Bookcliffs with nothing in the valley.

I’m jealous. I flew into Denver once for a connecting flight and the snow topped mountains were beautiful. I’d love to go back and explore a little bit.

I’m jealous. I flew into Denver once for a connecting flight and the snow topped mountains were beautiful. I’d love to go back and explore a little bit.
Yeah Denver is ok, but I try to stay away from the east side of the state as much as possible, to many crazies over there.

Played in a 5 some today due to schedule mix up. No problem I’m easy. Guy behind us is crying before we even get going. I said no problem just play through. Then he complained about that and promptly informed me that he played in 3.5 hours the day before. We finished in 4:15 which is dead on course pace. I wasn’t aware golf is a race.

Ohio :

January 36° / 21°
February 40° / 24°
March 51° / 33°
April 65° / 43°
May 76° / 56°
June 83° / 63°
July 86° / 67°
August 85° / 65°
September 79° / 58°
October 66° / 47°
November 52° / 34°
December 43° / 29°
Ohio has been weather drunk for a couple years now haha

Ohio has been weather drunk for a couple years now haha

That’s the truth! It goes from 80 degrees to rain then to snow all within a week, especially during the fall.

Had an interview earlier this week and they mentioned I would get a follow-up later this week. I keep checking my email every 5 seconds for an update.

#Stressed 😩

Good luck on the position!

That’s the truth! It goes from 80 degrees to rain then to snow all within a week, especially during the fall.
I just want like.. two weeks of not scalding and not windy/cold.

We were in Chicago a few years ago and it was -20 and I kept asking JB to walk everywhere and he was having no part of it haha. Last year we were in Chicago and it started to snow and I was skipping around like a child, I was so happy. BUT, and this is a big but, I do know I would have a really hard time with months and months of gray skies all the time.

It's the trifecta of misery: it's dark when you wake up to go to work and dark when you leave work to go home. You can go weeks without seeing the sun and to top it all off it's freezing cold morning, day and night.

I know and appreciate that some people do not like hot climates but for me it's way easier to find a way to cool yourself off than it is to try and warm up when it's -20 outside.

Yeah Denver is ok, but I try to stay away from the east side of the state as much as possible, to many crazies over there.
Lake City, Durango, and Buena Vista/Gunnison/Crested Butte are hard to beat.

Back