The Official Banter Away Thread

I went on the news and socials today.
Kind of scared the hell out of me, honestly.

Hopefully we all stay safe in these crazy times. 2020 is hitting rather hard.
This week is off to a bad, bad start.:oops:

I have successfully avoided the news for the last month. Whether thats good or bad I'm not sure but I like my little bubble right now from all the crazy I'm hearing about.

I have successfully avoided the news for the last month. Whether thats good or bad I'm not sure but I like my little bubble right now from all the crazy I'm hearing about.
Keep it up.

Nothing good will come of any of it.

Cheese upgrades almost any dish. And salami! Cheese and salami upgrade almost any dish.

Hurricane season is off to an early start. It better slow down. Last year it cost us a trip to North Carolina and my wife was so upset we got a kitten!

I’ve been trying to avoid them at all costs.

Hurricane season is off to an early start. It better slow down. Last year it cost us a trip to North Carolina and my wife was so upset we got a kitten!
Welcome to NC! If you don't like the weather, wait 15 minutes!

I’ve been trying to avoid them at all costs.
Same. I got on facebook for about 10 and unfriended 14 people, then decided to just stay away for, oh, a year.

Social media is scary but my Instagram is filled with golf... I think most of the friends circle have taken a break from Facebook because opinions are flying everywhere.

Social media is scary but my Instagram is filled with golf... I think most of the friends circle have taken a break from Facebook because opinions are flying everywhere.
Facebook is the devil. If not for sharing my kids pics with my family, I’d not be on there

Facebook is the devil. If not for sharing my kids pics with my family, I’d not be on there
I think that and the Swag threads and Ohio golf group. Haha otherwise 🔥🔥🔥🔥 burn it down

Sounds like I need to sabotage the opener and epoxy the door into place 🤔
I was going to suggest disconnecting the chain drive or main power but it seems you've already gone down that road... Epoxying the door at this point I feel is overkill.

I was going to suggest disconnecting the chain drive or main power but it seems you've already gone down that road... Epoxying the door at this point I feel is overkill.
I like to think of it as being overly proactive?

Highly advise against getting on the social platforms today. So much nonsense.

I find this is a good idea on most days. Nothing is figured out or solved on social media, and the implication becomes if one don't comment, one don't care or some nonsense. We enact change and lead through our actions in our homes, workplaces, and communities, not fighting words or "statements" in the circus of the void that is FB or Twitter.

Just when you thought 2020 couldn't possibly have anything left to throw at you

I like to think of it as being overly proactive?
Proactive is always better than reactive.

Proactive installs an air conditioning system in the garage while reactive waits until the drywall is ruined due to the humidity.

I find this is a good idea on most days. Nothing is figured out or solved on social media, and the implication becomes if one don't comment, one don't care or some nonsense. We enact change and lead through our actions in our homes, workplaces, and communities, not fighting words or "statements" in the circus of the void that is FB or Twitter.
My use of social media is limited to contests and special or limited product offerings. As a result, I tend to miss most of them because I don't check often enough, but at least my life is not poisoned by the misinformation. I don't read the newspaper, and rarely watch the news. Unfortunately, for some it has become the same addiction as crack cocaine - they can't get through a day without it.

Like many have stated, I have left social media. So much misinformation, and folks pushing their agendas. I like to research, and gather information from multiple sources. I don't need my friends and relatives shoving clickbait repost at me ... I will create my own narrative, but thanks anyway. I will also not identify with one side or the other, I think that limits my ability to think critically/objectively.

Good news is, that allows more time to get back to THP and see what's going on the golf world!

I've spent the better part of the last 36 hours on social and the news trying to gain a better understanding of what is going on with our Nation right now.

What I have left with, is great frustration, and confusion. I feel like our national sense of community is fractured beyond repair between politics and race. The misinformation is spreading like wildfire, and moving too quickly to fact check -- and those who are fact checking are using their own version of BS to validate their thoughts. Being a decent human being is now defined as 'not enough' by many.

The most pathetic part? I read something yesterday that said we should just split up the Country as has been done in history many times elsewhere, and it was one of the more sensible things I had read all day. THAT, is scary.

I've spent the better part of the last 36 hours on social and the news trying to gain a better understanding of what is going on with our Nation right now.

What I have left with, is great frustration, and confusion. I feel like our national sense of community is fractured beyond repair between politics and race. The misinformation is spreading like wildfire, and moving too quickly to fact check -- and those who are fact checking are using their own version of BS to validate their thoughts. Being a decent human being is now defined as 'not enough' by many.

The most pathetic part? I read something yesterday that said we should just split up the Country as has been done in history many times elsewhere, and it was one of the more sensible things I had read all day. THAT, is scary.

So so true. I spent thr better part of the morning surfing through and it saddens me. Just learned multiple police offers have been shot in the last 24 hours. Not getting huge news though.

Back