The Official Banter Away Thread

It seems worse because its instantly in front of you now and QUICK. You are right, things like this are how people make a living. People got the news from news papers and coffee shops before social media. News papers have always spun it which ever way other than the truth most times because the person doing the editing is just like someone making a post on facebook. Same with at the coffee shop "well Billy Bob at the coffee shop this morning told me this is how it is.....so im a firm believer thats the problem" when really thats Billy Bobs opinion on what happened or what he wants it to look like what happened rather than what actaully happened. So Billy Bob and the social media groups that make these posts are the same thing today "well I saw on facebook so its got to be true" when really its probably not its what that group wants you to see or hear because thats the way THEY see it. Ever see a video on facebook of just something bad happening but not really seeing the whole thing making it look like somethng its not? They do that for a reason......

I dont watch the news. I literally refuse to have the TV on with the news. If someone is watching it, I will get up and go somewhere else. It does nothing for me. I have my facebook feeds filtered to golf, hot rods, food, and thats it. At one point (and still am) considering getting off facebook completely. People making long drawn out posts on facebook acting like they have all the answers and solving the worlds problems one post at a time just doesnt do it for me.

Totally agree.... And with that.. I am getting old..

I quit watching news on TV as well, and limited my Facebook page. I do listen to podcast while I walk ... but finding a balanced view is very hard.

I got a great head buzzing electric razor for Christmas from my sister and Dr. Wife made me return it. Now she deals with the limitation of my talent with clippers and scissors. I’m not sure either option is what she was looking for 😆

So which one was it? I just use my beard trimmer without a guard and it's kind of annoying

So which one was it? I just use my beard trimmer without a guard and it's kind of annoying
It’s not the closest buzz, but it does a damn good job and the wide blade makes it way quicker.

Meanwhile in indonesia.... I mean NJ

The man in charge forgot to book us a tee time for Friday morning and now everything is booked up. Normally that would be a good excuse to find a nice patio and enjoy a lazy afternoon with a couple of pints but that's frowned upon around these here parts.

May meet up with one of my regular group at a local range and see if we can't get our weight transfers happening again.

Dang it, I can hear the grass growing as I type this, and my 355 mL bottle is empty. Should have bought bigger bottles I guess. Or I could move the fridge into the garage, that's only a half dozen steps away.

Beautiful night to sit outside, although the birds keep landing on the empty feeder. Seed is in the back of my truck. Which is on the way to the beer fridge. Sigh.

There is a thread about everything. THP rocks... learned about washers/dryers - pizza ovens and countless golf topics this morning.

Just seems like one of those days where is would be good to take off and just go bake in the heat on the course and get some frustrations out.

Just seems like one of those days where is would be good to take off and just go bake in the heat on the course and get some frustrations out.
Feeling the same, 3 weeks since sitting foot on a course and it's a gorgeous day. 😥

Do it! Assuming your course isn't an over-packed junk show like my home course right now, the peace, focus, and fun are too valuable to pass up. (y)

If I can mow the lawn during lunch while WFH I can definitely play nine at the course down the road. Please reopen soon!!!

Anyone need a club or two?
FB_IMG_1591301985517.jpg

Man I'd be curious of there's any gems in there, but then again finding those diamonds is harder now with anyone/everyone doing research

Tornado warning? Feels like I’m back in Kansas City. Gonna be a long night for our pup.

Teddy Graham's and frosting are an amazing combination.

With having to burn up unused vacation, coupled with an upcoming national holiday (July 1), as well as forced reduced work weeks, I have 14 work days left until:
11 days off in a row...
4 days back at work,
3 days off,
and then 5 weeks of parental leave!!!!

I have no clue what I am going to do with all the time off, need to start a to do list and get some things accomplished.

Man I hope the fitter is open by then so I can get in before the baby shows up.

Part rant, part happy so it's banter.

The rant,
They have decided to roll out a new & "improved" version to a section of our CRM that I use daily and have asked me to test it out. Now, I hate our CRM, it's data entry, time consuming and I see no personal benefit for me. But, I'm pretty good working in it because i think if you're going to complain you should have at least tried to understand what you're complaining about. Nothing worse than being wrong.

The happy,
I have spent the last hour or so, casually going through it and poking every hole I can find in it. There's about half a page of stuff that just doesn't make sense from a sales, review, approval or even procedural aspect.

This is like being the Super Bowl MVP on the losing team.

Im leaving town for a few days so my wife will be at the house along with the dogs.

I brought up an arsenal last night from the basement to the bedroom and showed her how to load them and use them. She was kind of freaked out at first, but I said you never know what these clowns will do or where they will go. Be prepared and dont be afraid to use them.

Break into my house, it will be the last one you break into
Exactly. Our 16 yr old daughter knows how to operate & shoot each of the loaded guns in the house & where they are. That locked door is for your safety not mine.

Our daughter & her friends have decided they are taking over our house tonight for game night. So I get to go to the grocery store to get snacks for them and myself of course. I'm glad to these kids know that our house is safe place to come & hang out so that they aren't out there getting into trouble somewhere.

Our daughter & her friends have decided they are taking over our house tonight for game night. So I get to go to the grocery store to get snacks for them and myself of course. I'm glad to these kids know that our house is safe place to come & hang out so that they aren't out there getting into trouble somewhere.
I am attending a game night tonight with my wife and some of her resident coworkers. A cheap and fun evening for those of us with crippling med school debt. Plus they’re all crazy smart and crazy competitive which makes it more fun even if I’m out of my league! 😆

First real haircut since March......and it feels good. :love:

Back