The Official Banter Away Thread

Do you guys remember when taking time off work was a legitimate thing?

Me either. Can't even take a full afternoon off without fire drills that push into 2pm.
Tomorrow was to be our last Covid-19 mandated day off (4 day salaried) but the boss decided that since he didn't plan properly 5 months ago I would be privileged with the opportunity requirement to work.

Sounds to me like a day off in the future to golf with no questions asked...

Great Kevin Na Quote.

“I can’t play a blade,” Na says. “It’s too difficult, and I’m a pro golfer. I think a blade goes shorter. Off-center hits aren’t going to perform as well as cavity-backs. I don’t see a reason why you’d want to play a blade. I really don’t. I played blades in my early 20s, maybe one year—when I was dumb. But I’m wiser now and play a cavity-back.”

Clearly he needs some ICONs. Or at least jump in the thread haha

Great Kevin Na Quote.

“I can’t play a blade,” Na says. “It’s too difficult, and I’m a pro golfer. I think a blade goes shorter. Off-center hits aren’t going to perform as well as cavity-backs. I don’t see a reason why you’d want to play a blade. I really don’t. I played blades in my early 20s, maybe one year—when I was dumb. But I’m wiser now and play a cavity-back.”
Haha I know the feeling Kevin! Well except the pro golfer part :ROFLMAO:

Great Kevin Na Quote.

What does he know? Never trust a guy named Kevin 🤣

Just got an email from Cleveland golf about the new RTX wedges.......

🔥

Just got an email from Cleveland golf about the new RTX wedges.......

🔥
Pretty sure I saw an email notification pop up on my phone from Cleveland as well

Coming close to end of the month. Was suppose to mark the start of my new business. Everything now on hold for a couple more months.

Coming close to end of the month. Was suppose to mark the start of my new business. Everything now on hold for a couple more months.

Oh man, that isn't fun.

That really stinks. My wife is planning on starting a new business with a couple of former co-workers and it concerns me a bit to be starting one now. Fortunately it's in a field that I don't think will be impacted much by everything going on and actually might thrive but it's still scary.

Oh man, that isn't fun.
Had high hopes at the beginning of the year now slowly decreasing. Always next year to shine

That really stinks. My wife is planning on starting a new business with a couple of former co-workers and it concerns me a bit to be starting one now. Fortunately it's in a field that I don't think will be impacted much by everything going on and actually might thrive but it's still scary.
Yeah the uncertainty is troublesome , but make sure it’s something people will use everyday. Hope your venture goes along well and not too affected.

Great Kevin Na Quote.

Kevin Na clearly doesn't internet enough.

related: I should be playing blades.

Kevin Na clearly doesn't internet enough.

related: I should be playing blades.
I've been telling you that for 2 years now

I guess I am now a full time allergy person, it seems as I have gotten older and this year for sure they are much worst. If I don't take a claritin or use flonase everyday now I am miserable all day with the itchy eyes and runny nose with sporadic cough. As a kid I was allergic to everything and was given shots every year, but it seemed to go away (or I just did not care) from my teens to a few years ago.

I hate to be addicted to the stuff and the flonase has become a problem with the nose becoming very sensitive. But I also don't want to go out with any of the allergy symptoms and gettin burned at the stake by Covid 19 fearing people.

I do wear a mask when out and amongst the masses for peace of mind I am not scaring people.

It's time for Yellowstone.

We got a huge storm through here this evening, tornado warnings, a solid 2 hours of pouring rain, crazy winds.

Fun Fact: Styrofoam makes great pot filler so you can use half the amount of potting soil for your planters.

Another Fun Fact: When the pots are filled with storm water, ridiculous amounts of water, that styrofoam floats to the top of the pot. It can then be seen floating down the gutters of your street. Your plants however, can be found beaten to death on your sidewalks.

Finishing two work deadlines and then a quick drive to Colorado Wed-Sun for family needs. Rain today and tomorrow help me stay focused on the deadlines. My one golf outing in Colorado may be a trip to the PGA Superstore -- would my 4th or 5th ever visit to a large golf retailer -- to test as many putters as possible. I'm in putter search mode.

Overall this will be a golf lite week. I think that's a good thing right now. Part 2 of my golf season starts when I get back!

Back