The Official Banter Away Thread

Should have known better than to post something personal in the Corona thread only to have it closed up once again because of children that can't get along. Go figure. I'll stick to texting.
I totally get it. I didn’t get my third and final Universal Studios update until it was reopened. Best of luck with the kid, I’m sure it’s nerve racking.

The elevation difference between the lowest point on the planet and the highest point is equivalent to the distance between the Statue of Liberty and Yankee Stadium

Question came up during our round when looking at scorecard.... How often does a course reassess the handicap rating ? does this ever happen? Just wondering if the hardest hole ever changes?

Question came up during our round when looking at scorecard.... How often does a course reassess the handicap rating ? does this ever happen? Just wondering if the hardest hole ever changes?

not often enough

My 18 year old has not expressed any interest in golf despite me trying to get him out there all these years.

But he caught the bug about 2 weeks ago, has been to the range bunch, had his first lesson, and has set up a tee time for us to play.

Here’s the banter - he leaves for college in 3 weeks. I hope he doesn’t lose some momentum on his interest.

My 18 year old has not expressed any interest in golf despite me trying to get him out there all these years.

But he caught the bug about 2 weeks ago, has been to the range bunch, had his first lesson, and has set up a tee time for us to play.

Here’s the banter - he leaves for college in 3 weeks. I hope he doesn’t lose some momentum on his interest.
If he’s going to school local-ish, what college student wouldn’t like the occasional parental visit with golf and dinner included?

If he’s going to school local-ish, what college student wouldn’t like the occasional parental visit with golf and dinner included?
11 hour drive - I can do that! There is a course walkable from campus so hopefully he hooks up with some kids that want to play.

Our course changes every 2-3 years. And our hardest hole has stayed the same but the others changed.

11 hour drive - I can do that! There is a course walkable from campus so hopefully he hooks up with some kids that want to play.
I’d guess it depends on what kind of group he can find to play with. I really hope it works out!

Our course changes every 2-3 years. And our hardest hole has stayed the same but the others changed.

What makes a hole hard? how does it change? Club pro plays a few rounds and notes the high scores or more difficult scores?

Here is a plug for more data - It would be great to see the scoring average of the holes, think PGA tourney, for the course based on GRINT / Shot Scope / Bushnell / Golfshot / Golfpad - use any app you want that people are tracking scores... do any apps currently show that! #GAMECHANGER!

What makes a hole hard? how does it change? Club pro plays a few rounds and notes the high scores or more difficult scores?

Here is a plug for more data - It would be great to see the scoring average of the holes, think PGA tourney, for the course based on GRINT / Shot Scope / Bushnell / Golfshot / Golfpad - use any app you want that people are tracking scores... do any apps currently show that! #GAMECHANGER!
We enter our scores in GHIN on a hole by hole basis, so they have years of data over everyone with a handicap. And it is “hard” (in an overly simple way) because it is the hole that a scratch golfer will score well on and a bogey golfer will not, so it is where they need the stroke.

We enter our scores in GHIN on a hole by hole basis, so they have years of data over everyone with a handicap. And it is “hard” (in an overly simple way) because it is the hole that a scratch golfer will score well on and a bogey golfer will not, so it is where they need the stroke.

Isn’t it funny how some “hate” something, but they never stop frequenting or using that something? :unsure:

:ROFLMAO:

Isn’t it funny how some “hate” something, but they never stop frequenting or using that something? :unsure:

Is this about everyone picking Bryson in fantasy golf?

seems to be a few of those lately.

I volunteer to argue with anybody about anything for 500 times this quarter.

I volunteer to argue with anybody about anything for 500 times this quarter.
I strongly suggest the below viewing for educational argument purposes.

Note to self: You're not a young man anymore. Do not go out to practice correcting your swing without doing some loosening-up exercises, first.

We have been begging our club to do it and the groundskeeper says it doesn't effect it enough. My argument was you have removed trees and added trees in different holes around the course. You added to the existing pond to increase the carry yardage. Changed 2 bunkers shapes and dimensions.
So yes it does effect it.

Wanted to pose a question that a buddy of mine had...

He bought a Masters ticket (paid a boatload) from an individual and he is now worried that the Masters could be cancelled or no fans. Do you think he will get his money back or is he SOL? I am thinking he is just SOL, but he seems to think he will get his money back from "Joe Smith".

Back