The Official Banter Away Thread

Hope you have better luck than I did. I've "lost" a rangefinder and a pair of Oakley sunglasses by leaving them in the cart. I now scour the cart like a scavenger after every round, looking in every pocket, cup holder and anywhere else I could have left something!
You and me both, brother, as I completely empty my pockets (sans balls and tees) in the cubbies to play a round.

During my round today, I had to find someone’s cell phone they dropped while driving in the cart. Twice. And also unstuck a golf cart that someone tried to drive over and got the rear end off the ground so it was stuck.

How does all of that happen in a single round?

whiteclaw, always blame white claw

whiteclaw, always blame white claw
There was no drinking involved, unfortunately. I was just about in my backswing on my second shot when I hear “Hey Nick!!!!!! Call my phone!!” Lol

Larry Bird first 9 years
3 Rings
5 Finals appearances
8 Conference Finals
top 2 in MVP voting 8 times
Won MVP 3 years in a row
9x all nba - 3x all defensive team
10+ REB 6 times
Averaged 29 PPG on 50 40 90 (87-88)

Pat Riley - "I'd want Michael Jordan to take the shot with the game on the line. I'd want Larry Bird to take it if my life was on the line."

@Carolina Dundee @Jeff Spicoli Carolina Beach drained the lake getting ready for the storm! I never seen it drained this much! The smell was pungent.
DDD85D63-86DC-43AD-8ADA-83E3191F57F4.jpeg0918A908-7A5D-431F-8C00-D3E7D8622AEE.jpeg

Disney during COVID! Talk about an enjoyable experience no wait for any ride.

I can’t imagine that being a good smell. What is the projection for you all?
Should be a tropical storm by the time it hits. It was projected on a straight path toward Wilmywood, but now it’s tracked west, so Myrtle Beach then 1-95 area looks likely.

I can’t imagine that being a good smell. What is the projection for you all?
Should be a tropical storm by the time it hits. It was projected on a straight path toward Wilmywood, but now it’s tracked west, so Myrtle Beach then 1-95 area looks likely.
Here is a picture of Isaias bands moving in here over Ponte Vedra tonight. Stay safe up there fellas.
6CA563B9-B4B2-4265-B0AD-E2BCFC598258.jpeg

Love when the golf course pro shop pushes you in the morning to split a cart (even though you’re not supposed to currently) because they have a lot of tee times booked and don’t have enough carts for everyone. Like somehow this is my problem not theirs.

“You really need to split carts because we have a lot of tee times booked today and if y’all don’t split carts it’s gonna be rough for us.

Typically no problem as the 20 or so guys in our group we know each other but current status in the Houston area it’s a hard pass for me right now.

Love when the golf course pro shop pushes you in the morning to split a cart (even though you’re not supposed to currently) because they have a lot of tee times booked and don’t have enough carts for everyone. Like somehow this is my problem not theirs.

“You really need to split carts because we have a lot of tee times booked today and if y’all don’t split carts it’s gonna be rough for us.

Typically no problem as the 20 or so guys in our group we know each other but current status in the Houston area it’s a hard pass for me right now.
My local course has installed a plexiglass divider in all their carts. Only problem Is you can no longer lower the windshield

Got everything inside tied down in preperation for the hurricane. It's still super calm here right now. Maybe when the wind picks up, I will walk over to the Par3 course and see what its like in TS winds?!:oops::p

Friend followed my posting on THP - called me obsessed.... Am I? :unsure:.... nahhhh;)

Tell them they are crazy :ROFLMAO:

I did - I told them about the TEEm as he didn't believe I have a Pro Hybrid coming.... then I told him about Morgan Cup opportunity and he said I was an idiot... laugh it up buddy (I can take your ridicule as I am enjoying it.) :cool::cool::cool:

Got everything inside tied down in preperation for the hurricane. It's still super calm here right now. Maybe when the wind picks up, I will walk over to the Par3 course and see what its like in TS winds?!:oops::p
I played Saturday morning while we got some bands. it wasn't too bad, with some 30-40 mph gusts but they only lasted like 10 minutes a piece. The biggest thing to be cautious of is flying debris and lightning.

Thought it was still considered TS, and what’s the difference preparing for hurricane vs TS? My prep would be easy.... get the hell out of the way 😳

stay safe!

Thought it was still considered TS, and what’s the difference preparing for hurricane vs TS? My prep would be easy.... get the hell out of the way 😳

stay safe!
Mainly getting batteries, gas for cars/generators, cash money, putting extra ice in the freezer, charging items. Took all the patio furniture and outside accessories inside. For a Cat 3 or more, its board up the windows and head about 3 hours west to Burlington!

Mainly getting batteries, gas for cars/generators, cash money, putting extra ice in the freezer, charging items. Took all the patio furniture and outside accessories inside. For a Cat 3 or more, its board up the windows and head about 3 hours west to Burlington!
Umm, great! Get 'er done! Obviously, I don't live in hurricane regions, but I'm still pretty sure someone confirms hurricane, regardless of category, I'm doing all the above, including boarding up windows... then getting the hell out ;) :oops:

Back